The Boardwalk Bakery is a nostalgic counter-service cafe & bakery with pastries, coffee & sandwiches plus outdoor patio seats.
Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich Recipe From The Boardwalk Bakery At Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
½ cup Mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Basil Pesto
In a small mixing bowl place mayo and pesto. Mix until well incorporated.
Oven Dried Tomatoes
3 each Vine ripe tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Wash tomatoes and dry well, remove core.
3. Slice tomatoes into ¾ inch slices and place on baking sheet.
4. Combine garlic and olive oil and brush tomatoes with it. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Roast for about 1 hour (note: tomatoes should be browned and juicy).
4 each Foccacia Rolls
16 ounces Fresh mozzarella cheese
4 teaspoons Pesto mayonnaise
¼ pound Fresh arugula
1. Split foccacia bun.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto mayonnaise on each bun bottom.
3. Place 1 ounce Arugula on top of mayo.
4. Arrange 3 slices mozzarella cheese and top with 2-3 oven dried tomato slices.
5. Top with bun and Enjoy!