PDA

View Full Version : That feeling you can't explain...

Cinderelly
02-18-2006, 07:44 PM
This may be an odd question. Do any of you guys get that weird feeling in you when you go to a Disney park?:micball: I can't explain it and i have yet to find someone who feels that way with "Disney". Its just a happiness that almost makes you want to cry. Just pure love for it :heartbeat , i think. Just wanna hear your opinions. The Disney ROCKS!!! feeling!

buchananrw
02-18-2006, 09:16 PM
:madhatter :madhatter I know what you mean. I get that feeling every time I walk onto Main Street.:madhatter :madhatter

LUV2CDISNEY
02-18-2006, 11:03 PM
I know exactly what feeling your talking about. When describing my Disney addiction to people who have never been and don't understand, I always talk about the "feeling" you have when you're there. It's amazing! Thinking about it makes me want to be there now!

bberenato
02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
you are on a site where everyone feels that way. We are a less than a week from departure.. and were getting butterflies just from the anticipation. :V:

momh
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Even driving into the main complex and seeing the sign WALT DISNEY WORLD just sends shutters through my body:B: . But walking into Magic Kingdom down Main Street for the first time,in each trip we've done, just makes me feel HAPPY,EXCITED, BREATHLESS all over.:stitchbou :cheshireb :madhatter We all feel like kids again!! August isn't coming fast enough for me. There will be 20 of us this time,ages 1-80. How exciting!!!:G:

Tinksmyid
02-19-2006, 08:14 AM
momh, that is so cool!

Yes, I know That Disney Feeling! I get it just from looking at the websites for pete's sake! LOL! By the time my feet hit Main Street I am a twitchy bundle of nervous joy!

bberenato
02-19-2006, 11:12 AM
lol, we all get this feeling.... man o man only a couple of days left... :V:

Cinderelly
02-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Exactly! Its awsome to know I'm not alone in this world!:nemo:

Shadow Jedi Rhy
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Not at all alone on that one. Heck I get to go more often than most and I still get it at every park. The funniest thing though is I enjoy sitting down or mulling around the train station/Main Street and watching people get there first view of the castle or at SSE in Epcot. It's an amazing feeling to know that such a place puts a twinkle in the eyes of so many and can unite everyone for a while into just having fun and enjoying life. :s:

Curious Alice
02-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh, absolutely! Since we drive there, it starts with getting up when it's still dark out, putting on the outfit that has been laid out for a week (!), loading the suitcase into the car, and getting on the road as the sun is just starting to come up. Then, three or so hours later, driving under that WDW arch...checking into the hotel...waiting for the bus...and finally, entering the park! I have this sort of "I'm home" feeling when I finally arrive on Main Street. All the time that passed between visits seems to vanish completely and I feel like I never left. It's so cool!

bberenato
02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Alice that sounds exactly like what we feel... lol except our drive is a bit longer... :V:

woohoo1440
02-20-2006, 07:03 PM
I think the feeling for me is feeling like you are in another world, where you can hug big characters and act like a kid, and that's the expected behavior! I also feel like I am "at home" :micball:

drcorey
02-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I think the feeling for me is feeling like you are in another world, where you can hug big characters and act like a kid, and that's the expected behavior! I also feel like I am "at home" :micball:
and eat like a kid! err, and sometimes, smell like a kid too...

woohoo1440
02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
oh yeah eating and acting like a kid is required.

Moodyzblu
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I think thats why we are all here !! This is a place where we can express our Disney feelings and everyone here "gets" it !! :cc:

drcorey
02-21-2006, 04:27 PM
drinking mint juleps untill you can't see straight.
then going on the tea cups....

Pinto Colvig
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Thinking about it makes me want to be there now!
It's like that Disney commercial that's been running lately where the kid who's about to go to WDW says: "I'm too excited to sleep". That's me every time I go The World. :madhatter

Along with what others have said, those who frequent this site know about that feeling. It's what leads us here to talk and talk and talk about WDW. To my friends and family who think it is odd for me to be so addicted to it all, I say: "It's a Disney thing; you wouldn't understand."

woohoo1440
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I love love love that commercial!:n:

AladdinsAngel
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
I get the very same way! Even when i look at pictures! :cheshireb

bberenato
02-21-2006, 08:16 PM
uggggg, one would think talking about going would ease the excitment... but it makes it worse. I have tried numerous things to get my mind off it... nothing is working

I need to go home! :V:

Oo-de-lally
02-21-2006, 09:40 PM
I love that Disney feeling! I think that's why so many of us go back- there's just that wonderful magical feeling. And yeah, sometimes it even makes me want to cry I'm so happy, like watching Wishes or something... with the fireworks and the shiny Mickey/Minnie balloons and the music, everyone closing their day at the Magic Kingdom and really taking in the magic of it all. Ah! I just want to be there right now!!

debfen
03-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Disney feelings are magical and they don't go away. The first time I went to WDW was when I was 13 and my favorite uncle skipped after the parade with his 5 year old son on his shoulders. Since then I have been back 10 more times, and that magical feeling has only grown. We're on a count down. Only 13 more days and we get to introduce some one new to that feeling and create a new Disney fan. The feelings don't go away they only get better and stronger. Some day I will get to take my grandchildren to WDW and get to see the magic through their eyes. Magic, simply magic.

SpectroMagic
03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I get the very same feeling! :V:

When you walk into WDW's Main Street USA and hear/see the train chugging in and all the characters walking around. There's no other feeling like it! :a:

Then when you see all the parades and fireworks, well, I cry every time and I'm a 17 year old boy! :heartbeat

mberenato
03-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I get the very same feeling! :V:

When you walk into WDW's Main Street USA and hear/see the train chugging in and all the characters walking around. There's no other feeling like it! :a:

Then when you see all the parades and fireworks, well, I cry every time and I'm a 17 year old boy! :heartbeat
Lets not forget the smell of popcorn popping and the faint smell turkey legs cooking in the disntance...lol sorry im hungry... :V:

SpectroMagic
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Lets not forget the smell of popcorn popping and the faint smell turkey legs cooking in the disntance...lol sorry im hungry... :V:
lol yeah, I forgot that! :V:

Curious Alice
03-31-2006, 10:12 AM

Definitely! I'm never too old to have cookies for lunch!

mberenato
03-31-2006, 10:42 AM
the hot Florida sun beating off the freshly washed Main Street... horses trotting people to the Castle Forecourt, the smell of popcorn, smell of Rose's from the garden and the Glory of taking in Cindy's castle...... Home :V:

dizneedrmr
03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
In my family we've all got the Disney Bug... Some wierd virus that makes you extremely happy and strikes when you go under that Arch. It's also common when visiting certain places on the Internet, or hearing a particular phrase, or seeing a certain image. and even your firewall or antivirus software can't protect you from it!!

tnkrbl
03-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I've got that feeling right now and we aren't even going this year! It was a toss up between buying a house and going to Disney. That was a really hard decision! I makes me cry!:cry:

drcorey
03-31-2006, 04:31 PM
In my family we've all got the Disney Bug... Some wierd virus that makes you extremely happy and strikes when you go under that Arch. It's also common when visiting certain places on the Internet, or hearing a particular phrase, or seeing a certain image. and even your firewall or antivirus software can't protect you from it!!
yeah, those Disney bugs, they get under your skin and lay eggs in your brain. hmm, wait untill the eggs hatch!

Cinderelly
04-08-2006, 06:30 PM
It's like that Disney commercial that's been running lately where the kid who's about to go to WDW says: "I'm too excited to sleep". That's me every time I go The World. :madhatter

Along with what others have said, those who frequent this site know about that feeling. It's what leads us here to talk and talk and talk about WDW. To my friends and family who think it is odd for me to be so addicted to it all, I say: "It's a Disney thing; you wouldn't understand."
I need to start using that line!

debfen
04-09-2006, 11:36 AM
And it's sooo very true, some poor unfortunate souls out there just truly "don't get it."
I can't even begin to describe what they are missing.

MickeyMouse
04-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Cinderelly,
No, it is not weird question to ask at all. I was telling my cousin Laurie yesterday about the great weird hard to explain feeling I got when I went to Walt Disney World for the first time. I wish there was a way we all could get that feeling when we are having a bad day. It's such a magical feeling that cannot be explained. You will only understand it if you have been to a Disney park. I just love that feeling.

MickeyMouse123
08-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I love that feeling! i always feel so happy and excited when i walk down mainstreet. Its like Disney Magic!!!
And when i leave Disneyland i always want to cry becuase its so sad.

ktboo0702
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Add me to the list of people who get that feeling. I define it as Euforic... I know I didn't spell that right....

To those who know, no explanation is needed; to those who don't know, no explanation is possible.

Alex
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I got a weird feeling when I go into a Disney park, a favorite ride and I even get it when I am circling the parks.
It is inexplainable, but the worst one occured when I got out of Stitch's Great Escape, my favorite ride. I felt so weird...like a few flashbacks and my heart was beating and burning.
I keep dreaming about Stitch too...weird huh.

Curious Alice
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I like starting the trip at Epcot. There's just something about walking into Future World and hearing that music that feels so good. I think it's because it's less hectic than MK, so it's a great way to start off.

What drives me crazy is the part when I have to wait to get through the turnstile on the very first day of my trip.

You're finally there after months of planning and waiting and hours of traveling. You pick the (seemingly) shortest turnstile line. Finally, you're one person away from the turnstile...but then that person starts having a problem with the fingerprint reader (why does it always happen this way?!).

By this time, you're about to burst with excitement because you want to get inside SOOOOOOO badly. Your toe is tapping, your fingers twitching, and inside your head you're thinking, "Come ON!!" (but you'd never be so rude as to say it out loud, of course. This is Disney, after all).

And then finally that person gets through and it's your turn. You stick your ticket into the slot, put your finger on the scanner, watch your ticket pop out the other side, push through the turnstile...and you're INSIDE THE PARK!!!!! It's really hard not to start skipping at this moment...LOL

Moodyzblu
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I like starting the trip at Epcot. There's just something about walking into Future World and hearing that music that feels so good. I think it's because it's less hectic than MK, so it's a great way to start off.

What drives me crazy is the part when I have to wait to get through the turnstile on the very first day of my trip.

You're finally there after months of planning and waiting and hours of traveling. You pick the (seemingly) shortest turnstile line. Finally, you're one person away from the turnstile...but then that person starts having a problem with the fingerprint reader (why does it always happen this way?!).

By this time, you're about to burst with excitement because you want to get inside SOOOOOOO badly. Your toe is tapping, your fingers twitching, and inside your head you're thinking, "Come ON!!" (but you'd never be so rude as to say it out loud, of course. This is Disney, after all).

And then finally that person gets through and it's your turn. You stick your ticket into the slot, put your finger on the scanner, watch your ticket pop out the other side, push through the turnstile...and you're INSIDE THE PARK!!!!! It's really hard not to start skipping at this moment...LOL

Yup, you're an addict !! But you described the anticipation OH so well !! I like to start my WDW trip with Disney Studios for the same reason .. less hectic !!

ROCKETMAN4
11-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I think that feeling has already started less than 5 days!

WDW or Bust let's go Now! It just brings out the kid in you.

electricsheep
11-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I get a little misty eyed when ever I first set foot in any of the parks. I can definatly understand what your feeling. Thank goodness for TD!

me stitch
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
i totally know what you are talking about its a feeling you cant explain, but it is like the best feeling in the world, its like bliss

PocaMulan
06-23-2007, 12:58 AM
im an Australian -never even left the country- there4 hav neva been 2 any of the parks. it's my dream tho....

dee66044
06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Yep, but i only really get it when i go to the magic kingdom- not the other parks, not sure why seeing main street has that affect on me but the other parks dont. Maybe its because of childhood memories of mainstreet and the fact that it looks the same as i remember? And it just smells so darn good. I still get that same feeling of excitment that i got when i was 10. Looking down mainstreet is just so familiar- its like going back home again.

Gawrsh
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
How about those feelings when you have to leave? I would get so depressed my last day and try to get on everything one last time. I definately feel that same way about MK and Main Street and seeing the castle at the far end. I also get the same feelings when I am standing in Future World at EPCOT. There is a certain spot on the bridges near the pools that reminds me of my first visit and gives me warm feelings and great memories.

Of course, now I have taken care of that depressed feeling by moving here. Now I can feed the addiction anytime I want.:bb:

ShesAPirate
06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Gawrsh, I'm so jealous!!!

I definitely get that feeling when walking in to MK. I also get that feeling when I listen to Disney music -- particularly "You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan. I guess since Peter Pan's Flight is my favorite ride, that song just puts me right there!

Argh! 68+ days before I'm there! I wanna go NOW!!!

mperry
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I have always said there are people who get it, and those who never do.
For me when I walk onto mainstreet it's like all the problems stay outside the gate for when im in the resort problems seen to fade to the background. Last august was my first to stay at the resort I flew into MCO hopped aboard ME bus and it was an amazing feeling it's like sit back and let mouse take care of all the work. We drove under the arch wow what a feeling that is man I want to be there now!! It's a feeling that I wished everybody could feel but not everyone gets it. For me I get it and hope it never goes away.

luvsftbll26
06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
On the days coming up to it, it's like that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kinda stuff. Then when you get there, you're never so excited to wait in line to have all your belongings search. You walk onto Main Street and it's like........................................ aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And you never wanna leave!!

mperry
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
For a long time I thought it's cray to feel like that. Anyone remember the "Calgon take me away" from 80's well it'd "Disney take me away"

Dismom
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Yep, I know how you all feel. We are still 6 months out and I started and I mean really started packing things, we are talking clothes and such. When I go shopping I look for anything Disney that we can wear, I have put things back because they were not Disney. Every day I do something to get us ready. Last night I told my hubby to get the portable DVD player out so I could pack it, he have me "the Look". I have even made my grocery shopping list already. I have got it bad, really bad and you know, I like it.

ShesAPirate
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm in the same boat. While shopping last weekend, I was looking for things for the trip - clothes, shoes, etc. It's just way too early to be in vacation-mode, but I totally am!

Dismom
06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
To be honest, there are some things I can not wait to get, I must get them in the next month or so. I do not want to wait until we get to Florida and then have to do a big shopping trip because I did not have forthought to to get the stuff while it is summer here.

But I am still beside myself with anticipation.:bb:

Dumbo Ears
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
We leave in 10 days and I feel like I've swallowed Tinker Bell and Tigger. My stomach will not calm down. It doesnt' help that someone else in the office is leaving two weeks after me and also staying at POP Century.

Some of you have written and are 100% correct when you say there are some people who just don't get it. I think they are called "Muggles".

Dismom
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Heck I am feeling that way waiting to know if the TA got all our ADR,s. I am sure she is waiting to notify until after the Candlelight Processional is set up for us. So that means waiting a few more days. I think that is the final thing, I am hoping if any other priority seating arrangements were not available she would have contacted me by now for a second choice.

Just sitting on Pins and Needles here. My tummy doing flip flops.

CoKoBOY
07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I always get that feeling, it's like you feel at home...just better,lol
I can prove that I get those feelings at Disneyland because when I was little I thought DIsney water was "holy" and I spashed my face with the water when I was on "it's a small world" probably even drank some... cough..

TinkerTalina
07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Hahahahaha! mmmm I was too little on my first trip to the Mouse's to remember everything and too old on the second, but I believe that is the sort of thing I might have done! LOL!

Winkster
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Our first trip of the vacation to the Magic Kingdom always does it for me.

The feeling starts when we pull into the parking lot.

Running to the tram (or whatever it's called).
Watching people trying to cram themselves, kids, bags, strollers and enough provisions to last a small army for a year into the row in front of you.
The tram ride to the TTC (of course keeping arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times).
The bouncing and knocking of your knees on the hard plastic in front (they really weren't built for tall people!).
Trying to remember if you've parked in Goofy or Pluto!
Leaving the tram, through those chain railings and heading up the ramp to the monorail platform.
The expectant wait until the monorail finally glides in.
The cool air inside the monorail in contrast to the warm air outside.
The views of the hotels and castle coming into sight through the monorail's tinted windows whilst the familiar comentary describes them all.
Slowing down through the Contemporary Resort hearing the chattering voices and watching the character breakfasts going on below.
The excited "fast-walk" down the ramp out of the monorail station.
The crowds waiting in the sun for the train to arrive with Mickey and friends (and the family of the day!).
The opening announcements followed by the surge through the gates.
Those irritating finger print things that always take 3 attempts to work.
Gathering up everyone who should be with you once inside the gates.

And then, there it is...

Main Street and Walt Disney World beyond it.

The tinkling music, the popcorn smell, the bright colors of the buildings, the gleaming fire engine, the sun glinting off the mickey-shaped balloons, the toot-toot of the train behind you and the view up the street leading to Cinderella's Castle.

Oh if only.

I'm sat at my office now, gazing out the window wishing that the next 21 days whizz by!

I'm coming Disney - I'm coming!!

:n:

shorty82
08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I can explain the feeling. It is Disney Magic.

I don't care what anybody says, Disney Magic is real. There is no other feeling like it in the world.

laughingplace<3
08-31-2007, 01:14 AM
I always thought it was this addictive magical feeling you get because Disney is this completely amazing, magical thing you feel like you've been missing out since you were a little kid... it's pretty weird how it casts this thing over you.

MonorailGuy
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm actually working on an article to submit to a business magazine on this very topic. I believe it all boils down to one thing, which has both nothing and everything to do with what has been mentioned here.