How old should kids be to go on a Disney Cruise?
Instant Impressions Header
    Ryan C. is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    TOT, HM, The Mountains
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Question How old should kids be to go on a Disney Cruise?

We have a [replacer_a] started about how young is too young to visit a Disney theme park but I wanted to get your input as to how young is too young for a Disney Cruise?

To anyone who has taken a Disney cruise, what do you think? How old should your kids be before to take them on a Disney Cruise?

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

ear2ear is offline Cast Member In Training
    Rather be at WDW, DL or better yet on DCL Now!!!
    Favorite Park
    Like DL and Love WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Disney Cruise Line
    Credits

Re: How old should kids be to go on a Disney Cruise?

At least 3 years old a good start!!

mickey123 is offline Cast Member In Training
    Credits

3 or 4 would be reasonable.

ear2ear is offline Cast Member In Training
    Rather be at WDW, DL or better yet on DCL Now!!!
    Favorite Park
    Like DL and Love WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Disney Cruise Line
    Credits

If you have kids...You must take them! It will be the best vacation they will ever have!! Parents will also have time to enjoy their own time while the kids have fun the kids program!

kate.gomperts is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

i agree, wait til 3 years at least, so they can participate in the kids clubs...not babysitting options. i would only bring the babies if i had no other options.

Cocoacup is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

At least three and potty trained if they want to enjoy the fullness of the kids club. If they are any younger our not potty trained and you want to have time without them you will have to pay a babysitting fee. Also before three kids don't remember anything. I was taken to disney at three and doing remember anything just see pictures.

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Credits

Mickey Re: How old should kids be to go on a Disney Cruise?

i agee. 4ys old is ideal to cruise!

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!

ltchris is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

I don't know why people have to put an age limit on magic. Granted children under a certain age probably won't remember. But what about Mom and Dad? Do we stop living and just keep our kids at home tell there old enough? Do we stop going on the vacations we love cause our children are to little? There's always the story of the people dragging their child through the park crying, guess what they will probably be doing that when their child is older. Stop being so narrow, Disney Is for everyone even the youngest.

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ltchris View Post
    I don't know why people have to put an age limit on magic. Granted children under a certain age probably won't remember. But what about Mom and Dad? Do we stop living and just keep our kids at home tell there old enough? Do we stop going on the vacations we love cause our children are to little? There's always the story of the people dragging their child through the park crying, guess what they will probably be doing that when their child is older. Stop being so narrow, Disney Is for everyone even the youngest.
    i couldnt agree more with you... i just dont understand why cruise co. have to charge a 6 month old infant the same as an adult. waaaa!

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by ltchris View Post
    I agree - although I hate seeing selfish people that drag tired kids around with no thought for anyone else other than themselves.

I do agree that parents should be allowed to enjoy themselves, even if the kids won't have much of an idea what's going on - but equally the parents have a responsibility to care for their kids and not ignore them just because they want to do another ride, stay out later, have another drink of have a late dinner.

We've had so many dinners spoiled by parents who are literally ignoring red faced, screaming kids (some even pleading to go home!) who are so tired they can barely even stand. I hate seeing kids so desperately uncomfortable. We had one time in Kona Cafe where I was almost tempted to take the kid back to our room and let the poor thing sleep. Sadly I think Reedy Creek security might have had something to say about that - even if the other diners might have liked the idea!

Other than that, get on that cruise and enjoy yourself!!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Overycool24/7 is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

Disney was made for all ages so let even the littlest of kids join in on the fun!

Oswald is offline Cast Member
    Credits

I agree with Many other peoples comments any age is good and especially on the ship as you don't have to deal with some issues Like you would in the parks.

There are great activities n facilities for all ages even the nursery is really cool,especially on the dream.

the stuff for the kids is great n the teens get their own areas so I think the ship covers all ages