Budgeting ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    disneygirlnat is offline Junior Cast Member
    Credits

Budgeting ideas?

This time I would like to try do this holiday a bit cheaper .. And other holidays to follow as having two kids will be that bit more expensive .. Any one know any budgeting tips? Where can save some pennies ?

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Re: Budgeting ideas?

Sharing food is a good start. Some of the portions are huge. Also, you can get a cup of water at any quick service restaurant for free.

Speaking of water, TD member englanddg has a great tip...get Brita water filter bottles to carry around. http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/

If you want to make ADRs, go for lunch, then have dinner at a quick service restaurant. Lunch is much, much cheaper than dinner.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14

Credits

Will def be sharing food .. Josh hardly eats anything .. Really bugged me cos in the morning we eat a ponderosa opposite our hotel and I have to pay for him every day and he literally eats about 5 bites of food! But they make me pay for him because he will be eating something so frustrating wish he ate more

SRFAN is offline guest
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Pirates of The Caribbean
    Favorite Parade
    Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

With the free water, we take drink packets such as crystal light to stir in. They cost a dollar and u get 10 in a box. Also, most kids me in the parks cost $3-$4 less than adult meals and u get more(side and drink) so we usually just kid all kids meal, as well as sometimes, since my daughter snacks on her dollar store snacks all day, her and my wife just share a kids meal. Side note: if you're a annual/season pass holder, u get dining, shopping and other discounts. Even tho it says the shopping is limited to DTD, u can use it at any WDW merch store.

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by SRFAN View Post
    Side note: if you're a annual/season pass holder, u get dining, shopping and other discounts. Even tho it says the shopping is limited to DTD, u can use it at any WDW merch store.
    We keep forgetting about that! I think it's 10%, right?

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14

SRFAN is offline guest
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Pirates of The Caribbean
    Favorite Parade
    Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Another thing, keep your receipts from all your shopping throughout the year. By doing so, the special offers they have such as spend $40 get a watch half price, are good. So if u spend $40 over a 3 night or even 3 month period, that discount offer is still valid as long as u have your receipt.

10-15% wdw wide

Last edited by SRFAN; 08-09-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

disneygirl1981 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Animal Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Expedition Everest
    Favorite Parade
    Electric Light Parade
    Favorite Character
    Tigger
    Credits

We usually just eat breakfast in our room at the hotel and head to the parks really early. We just snack in the parks and tend to leave around 3 or 4, heading for an early dinner. Lots of the restaurants on the 192 (West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway) have early evening special meal deals but even without the deals the food is much cheaper than eating in the parks.

We also usually have a kids eat free card which is good for a lot of restaurants in the orlando area. We get it free with our holiday booking here in the UK but I'm sure you can buy it for around $20 online. Can save a small fortune if you're visiting for 2 weeks like we do.

If you can dream it you can do it.....

disneydaze is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    The Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Festival of the Lion King
    Favorite Parade
    A Dream Come True
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

I actually take food into the parks with me. We take our own bottles of water, snacks and even pbj sandwiches for the kids, to cut down on the amount of food we buy and they waste. It's good to just be able to pull out something, while walking around or sitting and waiting for the parade to start. That generally helps save on money for food...although we usually end up spending it in the gift shop or on new pins :-)

disneydaze's Lanyard
    Mermaid LagoonPeter PanMickey GearsSpace mountain

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl1981 View Post
    We usually just eat breakfast in our room at the hotel and head to the parks really early. We just snack in the parks and tend to leave around 3 or 4, heading for an early dinner. Lots of the restaurants on the 192 (West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway) have early evening special meal deals but even without the deals the food is much cheaper than eating in the parks.

We also usually have a kids eat free card which is good for a lot of restaurants in the orlando area. We get it free with our holiday booking here in the UK but I'm sure you can buy it for around $20 online. Can save a small fortune if you're visiting for 2 weeks like we do.
    That sounds good .. Who do u book with in the uk? I'm in the uk also xx

Freshee61 is online now TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

If you buy pop corn and soda at wdw popcorn stands you can ask for extra cups to share the soda and popcorn.

Freshee61's Lanyard
    Christmas - Haunted Mansion HolidayLady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Credits

That's a good idea .. Sharing food is a defiante must for a cheaper holiday

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Electric Light Parade
    Favorite Character
    The Swedish Chef!
    Credits

I agree with the water bottles we bought some at our local target for 8.00 and they worked great water wasn't always cold but it was free! Also buy sandwiches at the earl of sandwich in DTD and keep them in the fridge in your room and eat then for lunches or snacks. We saved a lot that way. We also packed cereal and breakfast things in our suitcases (we aren't big breakfast eaters anyway)

disneygirl1981 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Animal Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Expedition Everest
    Favorite Parade
    Electric Light Parade
    Favorite Character
    Tigger
    Credits

We booked with Virgin Holidays this year but you don't have to book with them to get the card. (I wasn't too impressed with the flight - will be going back to BA next time)

You can buy them for $19.99 from this website: Welcome to Kids Eat Free! | Kids Eat Free Card

We never buy water in the parks. Way too expensive. We buy them from the nearest supermarket and split them between the fridge and freezer. That way you have cold water for when you first arrive in the park, the frozen bottles keep everything else cold, slowly melt through the day and give you ice cold water to drink when it gets too hot to handle. Saves an absolute fortune!

If you can dream it you can do it.....

Disneymommyx2 is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    All of them :)
    Favorite Character
    Donald Duck
    Credits

I mail myself a box to the resort a week before I go in there I put small box's of breakfast cereal, granola bars, fruit snacks, first aid kit, bandages, easy mac, instant oatmeal, and we always do breakfast in our room so we dont have to rush to eat or make it to a reservation we do lunch at around 11 or 12 then we usually do dinner areound 8 or 9 it works well for us!

Disneymommyx2's Lanyard
    Pirate Mickey EarsMickey 2012Mickey 2012Old Key WestHalloween - MNSSHP
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Credits

Yeah we got water from the 7/11 lots of bottles for 6.99 and stored them in the fridge in the hotel. Least this time will have stroller to hang our bags of so can take more. I was put of taking snacks last time as my bag was to heavy and I didn't like carrying it ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast