Richard Petty Driving Experience adds “Junior Ride-Alongs” at Walt Disney World Speed
DVC Resales Started
    Ryan C is offline Administrator

Credits

Richard Petty Driving Experience adds “Junior Ride-Alongs” at Walt Disney World Speed

Located right next to the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Speedway, the Richard Petty Driving Experience (RPDE), has been providing thrill of a lifetime experiences to adult race and exotic car fans for over a decade. A new program will allow RPDE to offer “Junior Ride-Alongs” at its location in Orlando, FL.

RPDE’s “Junior Ride-Alongs” program will provide children, who are at least 48 inches in height, the opportunity to experience real-life racing excitement while they ride shotgun with a professional driving instructor for three thrilling laps in a specially equipped two-seat NASCAR race car.

“Junior Ride-Alongs” are possible as a result of RPDE’s partnership with The Joie of Seating, a premier fabricator of custom-fitted aluminum racing seats owned and operated by two-time NASCAR Nationwide series champion Randy LaJoie. The North Carolina-based company built custom racing seats for this program, specifically designed to ensure the safety and security of smaller bodies. These full containment racing seats feature built-in shoulder and head protection and a five-point safety harness that is the same design used by NASCAR drivers.

“For 10 years we’ve specialized in designing custom racing seats that provide the safest in-car experience,” says LaJoie, “Our extensive experience in the industry makes us confident your child will enjoy a safe and fun ride-along with RPDE.”

“We’re thrilled to be able to make RPDE even more family friendly and can’t wait to see the ear-to-ear smiles on these kid’s faces after experiencing the excitement of NASCAR first-hand.” says Bill Scott, General Manager of Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway.
    Now with “Junior Ride-Alongs” available just in time for summer, NASCAR racing can become a family affair at Disney.

“Junior Ride-Alongs” with Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World® Speedway are $59. No reservations are required.

Orlando (Walt Disney World Speedway) - Races Tracks - Richard Petty Driving Experience

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Richard Petty Driving Experience adds “Junior Ride-Alongs” at Walt Disney World Speed-disney-world-richard-petty-driving-experience.jpg  

Ryan C's Lanyard
    Space mountainMickey GearsGoofy on SorinGrand Floridian

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

englanddg is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Re: Richard Petty Driving Experience adds “Junior Ride-Alongs” at Walt Disney World S

Ok, definitely have to look into this. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but the munckin's mom is, and she would be thrilled to have our daughter do it.

How cool!

englanddg's Lanyard
    Mickey Cruise LineMonorailMickey GearsMonorail Pilot Wings LEHorizons
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLC | 2013 - Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ

DinaDAngel is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Spectromagic 4/15/2009
    Favorite Character
    Beast/Tiana
    Credits

Re: Richard Petty Driving Experience adds “Junior Ride-Alongs” at Walt Disney World S

Does this mean that Disney can get rid of that horrible Indy Speedway in the Magic Kingdom?

DinaDAngel's Lanyard
    Mickey GearsWilderness Lodge
    Claudine
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by DinaDAngel View Post
    Does this mean that Disney can get rid of that horrible Indy Speedway in the Magic Kingdom?
    Noooo! They're nothing like each other.

The Tomorrowland Speedway is a kiddie ride where kids and adults get to drive pretty tame (but fun in my opinion!) "toy" cars round a track on a fixed rail.

Richard Petty is a once in a lifetime opportunity to pay a small fortune to drive or be driven in a NASCAR round a real circuit and breakneck speed.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Freshee61 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by DinaDAngel
    I agree. I know lil kids love it but please wdw at least make the cars electrical so your not eating the exhaust of the person in front of you.

And i agree with winkster the petty drving experience must be AMAZING. Why wasn't I destined to be Danica Patrick lol jk.

Last edited by Freshee61; 07-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Freshee61's Lanyard
    Lady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

englanddg is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Argh, I hate the speedway, but my kid loves it.

1) Probably in the top 3 worst queues ever (only Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan give it a run for the money)

2) The ride itself is grossly underwhelming, as you spend most of it not only breathing in exhaust from the car in front, but bouncing around the track because the car has terrible alignment

I know it's a classic, and I love it for that, but PLEASE, update it!

I'm gonna check out the NASCAR ride along...maybe not this year (I've spent enough)...but next visit it should be a blast!

Last edited by Winkster; 07-04-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    englanddg's Lanyard
    Mickey Cruise LineMonorailMickey GearsMonorail Pilot Wings LEHorizons
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLC | 2013 - Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ