Results 1 to 1 of 1
FISH' N' CHIPS - Rose & Crown Pub, United Kingdom
Yield: 6 servings
3 pounds white-flesh fish, boneless (cod, snapper, haddock, grouper)Method:
1 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable seasoning
Batter (recipe follows)
Oil for frying
Chips (French fries), fresh or frozen, cooked
Cut fish into fingers about 2 ounces each and place in a glass or stainless steel pan.
Mix lemon juice with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and vegetable seasoning. Pour over fish and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning every so often to coat fish.Prepare batter.
Heat oil to 325° FRemove fish from marinade, drain, dip in batter and fry in hot oil for about 5 minutes, turning to brown both sides, if necessary. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.Serve with chips and malt vinegar.
3/4 cup cornstarchBatter Method:
2 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 3/4 cups water
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup flat beer
2 teaspoons baking powder
Mix cornstarch, flour, salt, sugar, and pepper.In a separate bowl, beat water, egg yolks, and beer together with a whisk and slowly add dry ingredients. Continue to mix with whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in baking powder. Makes enough batter to coat 3 pounds of fish.
- By Ryan C. in forum Disney RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
- By Mickey Crazy in forum TD archivesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2010, 06:07 PM
- By MouseMan in forum TD archivesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:44 PM
- By MickeysGirl in forum TD archivesReplies: 5Last Post: 07-21-2003, 04:45 PM
- By Ryan C. in forum TD archivesReplies: 12Last Post: 04-26-2003, 02:34 AM