Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by phinzup

So does Thunderbird Park in Victoria, BC.

I have many humbugs, mostly involving other peoples' children. I don't want your child hacking, wheezing and sneezing all over me. If they're sick, stay at the resort or change the dates of your trip.

Keep your children close to you and don't let them run around like maniacs, including in the restaurants. Many of us don't want to have your kids foisted upon us and ruining a nice dinner.

If you can't drive a stroller without running into people, don't drive a stroller and if your kid is big enough to walk, don't *use* a stroller.

Just because your child is a child doesn't make them any more special. Don't expect me to give them special treatment or ignore the when they are being obnoxious, rude or belligerent. If they don't have manners, don't take them out in public, and don't get mad when I make a comment about your child's failure to exhibit social skills.

If you're in a group of 6, don't walk 6-wide. Walk 2-wide, max. We should not have to turn sideways to get around your walking phalanx.

That's a nice cologne, but must you marinade in it? On the other side of that, there are showers in the rooms. Please use them. Florida is a hot, sweaty place. Bathe. Please.

I have many, many more. I'll put them up later.
    This really made me laugh out loud!

My parents brought me up to behave in public places. I learned good manners very early on. I went to fine restaurants when I was very little and never misbehaved. So I just don't understand how parents let their kids run wild annoying other people.

I like seeing happy, cute kids at WDW, but then there are the ones who are bouncing around and keep bumping into me when I'm in line for Nemo, and when I told the dad that his kid was constantly bumping into me, he told me that WDW is for kids, not adults, and they are free to do whatever they want. And if I don't like it, I shouldn't be here!

Yes, that really happened.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

phinzup is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    MGM Studios
    Favorite Attraction
    Tower of Terror
    Credits

Re: The Humbug Club!

I would have told him that Pleasure Island in Pinocchio was just for kids, and look what happened to them.

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

G00fyDad is offline guest
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    ...he told me that WDW is for kids, not adults, and they are free to do whatever they want. And if I don't like it, I shouldn't be here!
    I'm glad I wasn't in your shoes that day. Orange isn't my color and I wouldn't like talking to my family through glass on a phone.

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

This thread hasn't gotten attention lately, but I have something I must add to The Humbug Club: Valentine's Day.

I hate it! It's all about greeting card companies, candy companies, restaurants, and florists making money. It's not a real holiday.

I don't need overpriced roses or dinner at restaurants crowded with couples who are there because it happens to be the 14th day of second month of the year.

I do not want my husband feeling pressured to buy me something because Valentine's Day peddlers say he should. I do not need flowers delivered to my office because anyone who judges my relationship on whether or not I get flowers delivered on Valentine's Day is really not worth worrying about.

I have told my DH over and over that I don't want a gift of any kind...and I truly, truly mean it. But I've given in to a card exchange because I know he'd feel weird doing nothing at all, but that's as far as I'll go. But I think I'll stiff Hallmark and make my own card.

I would rather him show his love for me over the course of the year, maybe surprising me with a sweet gesture here and there for no reason at all except that he loves me. When I'm not feeling well, his concern for me is a show of love that no amount of flowers or diamonds could ever equal.

Valentine's Day? Bah, humbug!

End of rant.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

MINI Mouse is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot, but they are all really close to my hart
    Favorite Attraction
    Test Track
    Credits

I so agree CA!!

MINI Mouse's Lanyard
    Cruise Line Palm TreesMickey Cruise LineHalloween - MNSSHPHalloween - MinnieWalt Dsney World
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

RachaelK is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Splash Mountain
    Favorite Parade
    Boo-to-You/TapestryNation
    Favorite Character
    Minnie
    Credits

Love this thread , made me smile on a stressful day

One think that really gets my goat is when people stop right in front of me blocking passageways / doorways , if they want to chat why cant they move to the side , is it an acoustic problem ! Then if you say "excuse me" to get by , they give you a Dirty look as you are interrupting their chat .

That feels better

RachaelK's Lanyard
    PeoplemoverDowntown DisneyAnimal Kingdom LodgeHaunted Mansion

dsyplanninmomma is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Attraction
    Toy Story Mania
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    This thread hasn't gotten attention lately, but I have something I must add to The Humbug Club: Valentine's Day.

I hate it! It's all about greeting card companies, candy companies, restaurants, and florists making money. It's not a real holiday.

I don't need overpriced roses or dinner at restaurants crowded with couples who are there because it happens to be the 14th day of second month of the year.

I do not want my husband feeling pressured to buy me something because Valentine's Day peddlers say he should. I do not need flowers delivered to my office because anyone who judges my relationship on whether or not I get flowers delivered on Valentine's Day is really not worth worrying about.

I have told my DH over and over that I don't want a gift of any kind...and I truly, truly mean it. But I've given in to a card exchange because I know he'd feel weird doing nothing at all, but that's as far as I'll go. But I think I'll stiff Hallmark and make my own card.

I would rather him show his love for me over the course of the year, maybe surprising me with a sweet gesture here and there for no reason at all except that he loves me. When I'm not feeling well, his concern for me is a show of love that no amount of flowers or diamonds could ever equal.

Valentine's Day? Bah, humbug!

End of rant.
    Completely Agree!!! I told DH the same thing last night, and he spent all last week taking care of myself and both kids as we all were sick. That meant WAY more than going out to dinner and buying me flowers just because it is Feb 14th!

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

In my opinion, the only day for gifts is a birthday. I can tolerate Christmas/Chanukah gifts.

Another of my opinions: Wedding anniversaries should be action gifts, like going out to dinner or going away for the weekend—things you do together—unless it's a major milestone anniversary like 10 or 25 years. Then a physical gift is allowable, though I'd much prefer a special trip to WDW!

I'm just this weird girl who is not impressed by flowers and diamonds! Though Disney Dollars would be acceptable. And tattoos.

Last edited by Curious Alice; 02-13-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Curious Alice's Lanyard
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

dsyplanninmomma is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Attraction
    Toy Story Mania
    Credits

My husband and I don't do gifts much, if at all! We hear of couples that compete to see who can get the better gift, sad they have to compete! Most of the things I do for DH is "from the kids" as DS is 3yo and DD 9mo, DS loves coloring cards for him no matter the occasion!

Maybe it's me but I would rather have an unexpected surprise! I hate gifts most of the time from anyone else but DH because I am worried if they feel I didn't do enough for them.

Freshee61 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

Angry Re: The Humbug Club!

You know I have a reaLLy Big bah humbug!
    In my recents trips alone with the baby while on the bus ( happened almost With all the bus drivers) the bus driver would turn off the Automatic music spiel!:/
    So when I got to mk per say and that mk marching band music would start the bus driver would shut it off. Unreal.

Freshee61's Lanyard
    Christmas - Haunted Mansion HolidayLady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234