Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Wink The Humbug Club!

Ok, Curious Alice has got me going now (I blame her entirely for this thread).

Following on from our comments on the Guest Images Come to Life on Cinderella Castle thread, you may have spotted that I can be a miserable old curmudgeon sometimes.

My "Bah Humbug" moment today is an intense dislike of ruining Cinderella's Castle with projected images of people I care very little about. No doubt accompanied by some kind of "celebrate happiness" sickly sweet music.

Why Disney, WHY???

So what's your "Bah Humbug" moment of the day?

What should make you happy but in fact irritates you at WDW? Let's keep it friendly but let's vent our frustrations.

Members of Talk Disney unite with me, after three...

One....

Two...

Three...

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Credits

Re: The Humbug Club!

ok i got one. i love riding the car parking lot trams on my checkout day but dont care for the bad diesel smell that come from them!

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

LOL! You're right. You'd think Disney mighht have found something with a cleaner engine by now.

On that subject, I was almost flung out of one of those trams on our last trip. We flew round the corner under the bridge (by TTC) so fast I very nearly ended up sitting on the tarmac!

How about...

I love the WDW Railroad but why, oh why do poeple have to come and sit next to me?

If I'm sitting in that row, go find another one!! It's hot and I really don't want to feel your body heat!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    Just a dream away!

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Credits

LOL!!! and you are sooooo right about the train

G00fyDad is offline guest
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

How about when walking down Mainstreet USA (or any walkway in WDW) and you're following the crowd and moving decent, the person directly in front of you quickly stops, turns and runs right into you because they realized at the last second that they wanted to go into the store they just passed.

Or

Standing in line for a ride and having someone ask you where you're from and when you tell them then there's that awkward silence when you both realize that you just exhausted the one topic of conversation that the person had in their repertoire. The person that usually speaks to us in line doesn't have a huge arsenal of conversation topics.

or

Driving in WDW and having some narcissist cut you off from the far left lane because they cannot read signs. Let's face it folks... it's all about them isn't it?

or

Standing in line to make a purchase only to have someone walk right up to the counter and step in front of you. Or if you've been waiting forever to make a purchase with only one cashier at the registers then when you get to the front another CM comes up and opens another register.

I just keep trying to tell myself that I am in Disney World and some people are just not right in the head.

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by G00fyDad View Post
    Standing in line for a ride and having someone ask you where you're from and when you tell them then there's that awkward silence when you both realize that you just exhausted the one topic of conversation that the person had in their repertoire. The person that usually speaks to us in line doesn't have a huge arsenal of conversation topics.

LOL - We get that all the time! And we get people that just want to speak - constantly - I mean endlessly!

Don't they realise we're Brits? We're a miserable, unfriendly nation. We don't do talking - and certainly not to strangers!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Just a dream away!

Curious Alice is online now TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

How about when walking down Mainstreet USA (or any walkway in WDW) and you're following the crowd and moving decent, the person directly in front of you quickly stops, turns and runs right into you because they realized at the last second that they wanted to go into the store they just passed.
    Yes!!! And you bump into them and they turn and give you a dirty look.

Or if you've been waiting forever to make a purchase with only one cashier at the registers then when you get to the front another CM comes up and opens another register.
    It seems that I'm always that person!

You're in one of many long lines to get into the park. It's taking forever because your line's current guest at the window or turnstile doesn't know what to do or what to buy. The line next to you is moving at a good pace. So you move to that line. You finally make it to second place and think, "only one more person and I'm there!" Invariably, that person will have a problem with the ticket or has a million questions, and you look at your original line and realize if you had stayed there, you'd be done by now.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Credits

good topic winkster...these comments are hilarious...heres another... you have fast passes and you get there 3-5 minutes earlier and they make u wait them! LOL

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss N\' Veronica Tumbleson View Post
    good topic winkster...these comments are hilarious...heres another... you have fast passes and you get there 3-5 minutes earlier and they make u wait them! LOL
    I've had that happen when there was 1 minute left. Seriously.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

Kylie'smom is offline Senior Cast Member
    Credits

On our last trip we had fastpasses for Soarin' and even the fastpass line was kind of long, finally after about 10 minutes in line we make it to the front and the CM stops us to let stand by people on. It took another 5 minutes!!

I know it was faster than the standby line but I want Fastpasses to be FAST!!

Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

quinsippi5 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    I like each for different reason
    Favorite Attraction
    Carousel of Progress
    Credits

OMG (oh my goodness--for me ) I have not had the best day and this made me laugh out loud....not LOL but literally!!!! Thanks for the fun side of complaining...this is absolutely the way to vent!

OK...now for mine...I get frustrated when we have a group of more than 6 and when you make a ADR you are told you may not be seated together...and then they charge you 18% if you have a party of 8 or more...and we have had to be split before...if you are going to want us to do ADR's as a grand gathering and are willing to pay the 18%....make areas to seat us TOGETHER!!!!!

quinsippi5
    1983 first trip, 1987, 1994, 2001 (with our kids BAND--MK) 2002 (son in CP) 2003 (daughter in CP-3 trips to FL) 2004 (family trip) 2005 (watch our HS band march in MK again!) 2006 (12 of us went--fun fun fun) FW...cabins, 2009 (3 trips) POP, CBR, 2010 POP

DisneyFreak2 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Hollywood Studios
    Favorite Attraction
    Rockin Roller Coaster
    Credits

How about little toddlers on those "leashes" that are connected to the child's and parent's arms! Despite what good it does, I run into so many of those! Haha

“If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Howzabout very wrong stereotypes in Epcot?

I walk through the UK and don't recognise it! I've never seen anywhere in England that looks like that.

And I NEVER wear breeches like the CMs wear!

And what about the Rose & Crown food?

I mean...Yorkshire pudding served with mushrooms and cream and Toad in a Hole???

And worse...Grilled Steak and Fried Fish with Yorkshire Pudding, Irish Potato Gratin, seasonal Vegetables, and Shallot Gravy??? I mean - fish and gravy? What the???

What do people think we're like???

Bass ale and Harp lager? Gimme a break! Maybe in the late 70s!

And the name badges! The CMs home towns(?) look very odd. Some show towns, some show counties and some show countries!

We saw one CM who came from Wolverhampton and one who simply came from "Scotland".

What about our other overseas visitors who's home countries are represented at Epcot? Are they just as bad?

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love Epcot. I love the UK area too but PLEASE don't think it's at all like the UK!!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Just a dream away!

Mickey Crazy is offline Administrator

Favorite Park
    magic kingdom WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Too hard to pick!
    Favorite Character
    Mickey!
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by quinsippi5 View Post
    OK...now for mine...I get frustrated when we have a group of more than 6 and when you make a ADR you are told you may not be seated together...and then they charge you 18% if you have a party of 8 or more...and we have had to be split before...if you are going to want us to do ADR's as a grand gathering and are willing to pay the 18%....make areas to seat us TOGETHER!!!!!
    I would agree with that! An ADR should ensure that you get a table together or you should not have to pay the 18%!

Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Howzabout very wrong stereotypes in Epcot?

I walk through the UK and don't recognise it! I've never seen anywhere in England that looks like that.

And I NEVER wear breeches like the CMs wear!

And what about the Rose & Crown food?

I mean...Yorkshire pudding served with mushrooms and cream and Toad in a Hole???

And worse...Grilled Steak and Fried Fish with Yorkshire Pudding, Irish Potato Gratin, seasonal Vegetables, and Shallot Gravy??? I mean - fish and gravy? What the???

What do people think we're like???

Bass ale and Harp lager? Gimme a break! Maybe in the late 70s!

And the name badges! The CMs home towns(?) look very odd. Some show towns, some show counties and some show countries!

We saw one CM who came from Wolverhampton and one who simply came from "Scotland".

What about our other overseas visitors who's home countries are represented at Epcot? Are they just as bad?

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love Epcot. I love the UK area too but PLEASE don't think it's at all like the UK!!

That's how I feel about Epcot America, especially the restaurant. Chicken nuggets, hot dogs, burgers, and fries. That's what represents the cuisine of my country? It represents baseball food, maybe.

What about New England, Southwestern, Creole, Pacific Northwest, etc.?

And then there's the store...don't get me started on that!

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast