Uk talkdisney members - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike0510 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    I'd say you're ok sleeping on the way there for a few hours so long as it doesn't interrupt your sleep pattern when you arrive (as that'll be interrupted enough as it is!).

We're the same as - by 9pm US time we're struggling as its 2am UK time and we've already done a full day's travelling. If I can get an hour or two's sleep on the way over, I find I can stay up a bit later on the first night - though I don't think we've ever made it past 10pm.

I do love the first morning though - there's something about POR at 5am that I love. It's a really peaceful time to sit outside round a pool sipping coffee as the sun comes up. That's when I love jetlag!
    That's my favourite time of the whole holiday. Waking up at around 5am and taking a fresh stroll around the resort. Watching the whole place come to life as the sun rises always makes me feel like I have arrived in Florida.

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

lionkingfanno1 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

It makes me laugh that all the Brits are in bed by 9pm!

What a bunch of lightweights we are!!
    I want to stay up as late as I can first night there well till I get all the adrenalin rush out of my system, then it will be a new day with lots of excitement. Can't believe I am there in 3 months time

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

lionkingfanno1's Lanyard
    Space mountain
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them

Disneyland Paris 23rd-26th dec '07
    Walt Disney world 1st-15th nov '12

Winkster is offline Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0510

That's my favourite time of the whole holiday. Waking up at around 5am and taking a fresh stroll around the resort. Watching the whole place come to life as the sun rises always makes me feel like I have arrived in Florida.
    Couldn't agree more!!!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

rinkydinktink is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    hollywood studios
    Favorite Attraction
    terror towers
    Favorite Parade
    electric parade
    Favorite Character
    roger rabbit
    Credits

Travelling West is always the easiest. You gain 5 hours so its not that bad. We try to stay up as late as we can on the first night and as the flight is a day flight we do not sleep on the plane. We only make until about 9pm at the latest!! The next morning we are up at around 4 am though. Each day it gets easier.

The return flight is a completely different story. It's a night flight so you get a few hours sleep on the plane but as you are travelling East you basically miss a full night. We leave Florida at 7pm and arrive in the UK at 6am!

Good luck
    We're exactly the same, we try to stay up till 9 but always wake up at 4/5 the next morning and wide awake too! Used that to our advantage last year as we had the early entry to Harry potter! Always feel like death coming back and again force ourselves to stay up till 9 o'clock ish! Fist time I went to Disney I slept for nearly 24 hours when we got back to uk!

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Coming back, i rarely sleep on the plane - not through lack of trying, it just doesn't happen!

We always land at 7am(ish) and by the time we've got our cases, cleared customs etc, picked up the car, got home (via my parents' to pick up our dog and have a cuppa) it's normally around midday.

I'll unpack, put a wash on then go to bed. If u don't, I feel terrible all day.

I always set the alarm to just give myself 2 or 3 hours sleep and that just takes the edge off my tiredness for the rest of the day.

I'll then stay up until 11 - 11.30pm and then set the alarm for 8am the next morning. I find that gets me back into UK sleep patterns pretty quickly - although I can still feel some tiredness for up to a week after we get home!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    Just a dream away!

Credits

Coming back, i rarely sleep on the plane - not through lack of trying, it just doesn't happen!

We always land at 7am(ish) and by the time we've got our cases, cleared customs etc, picked up the car, got home (via my parents' to pick up our dog and have a cuppa) it's normally around midday.

I'll unpack, put a wash on then go to bed. If u don't, I feel terrible all day.

I always set the alarm to just give myself 2 or 3 hours sleep and that just takes the edge off my tiredness for the rest of the day.

I'll then stay up until 11 - 11.30pm and then set the alarm for 8am the next morning. I find that gets me back into UK sleep patterns pretty quickly - although I can still feel some tiredness for up to a week after we get home!
    I'm back at work the Monday after I come back I think so I cant be shattered as I operate machinery all day and take care of people. So think I might spend the weekend back sleeping

lionkingfanno1's Lanyard
    Space mountain

Credits

We've tried all different methods of keeping the jet lag at bay upon our return to the UK but combining it with the holiday blues, nothing seems to work.

Battered for at least a week and spend the majority of that time looking at my watch saying 'Epcot will be opening in an hour!' lol

Mr&MrsWoody is offline Cast Member
    Credits

Arrived in Florida and at hotel (SSR) after flying from Manchester this morning and it's 11pm here - 4am UK time - and I'm still awake?!?! Shattered now though so I'm off to bed!

Ps - hotel lovely and my first time in a Disney hotel so overwhelmed by 'Welcome home' comment.

X

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr&MrsWoody
    Arrived in Florida and at hotel (SSR) after flying from Manchester this morning
    So not fair! Lol

Have a great time!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Just a dream away!

Credits

Have fun not too jealous oh well only 90 days and so many hours till I'm there

lionkingfanno1's Lanyard
    Space mountain

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr&MrsWoody
    Arrived in Florida and at hotel (SSR) after flying from Manchester this morning and it's 11pm here - 4am UK time - and I'm still awake?!?! Shattered now though so I'm off to bed!

Ps - hotel lovely and my first time in a Disney hotel so overwhelmed by 'Welcome home' comment.

X
    Excellent, we are staying at the SSR next month so please post loads of comments about the resort.

Have a brilliant time.

morgandvc is offline Cast Member In Training
    Credits

Excellent, we are staying at the SSR next month so please post loads of comments about the resort.

Have a brilliant time.
    We will be at SSR in two weeks time, it's our third time there, it's a great resort. And can't wait.

scott22harrison is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hawthorn suits? We're booked in late September and just wondering if anyone had any feed back.

Credits

Hi all UK members, I need a little help please.

Our trip is all fully paid for including all of the tickets for every park (21 day Disney pass and 14 days Flexi Ticket).

We have now managed to get the mother in law to come along for the first 6 days of the holiday (yes I know but it's a baby sitter and someone to help us with the 2 kids on the 9 hours flight, so worth it!).

Anyway, we will be doing Disney for 5 days and Sea World for one day. What ticket should I get her?

The 5 day hopper Disney ticket is only 20 cheaper than a 14 day Disney ticket so doesn't really represent value for money for me. I was thinking of getting the 14 day ticket as when she leaves we can keep the ticket for the remaining 9 days and use it to get fast passes. As we travel in Sept the queues are quite small but never the less it may save 10 minutes here and there.

The other alternative is to pay on the day at Disney but this would work out more expensive!

We may park hop but I don't think a non park hop ticket is a deal breaker.

For Sea World we will just pay on the gate for her.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Freshee61 is online now TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

In order todo fast pass with a ticket it has to go through the entry gate with finger scan. So sadly, no, you can't do the fp idea.

Freshee61's Lanyard
    Lady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast