"I just don't get it!" - Page 2
DVC Resales Started
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zipadeedooda is offline Junior Cast Member
    Credits

Gotta say I'm with Winkster on the pin trading. Why???? And as for Duffy, just don't start me. Curmudgeons of the world unite!!!

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Re: "I just don't get it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Curmudgeons of the world unite!!!
    This reminds me of an old thread that I thought was lost in the "Great Crash" - but I've just found it!

The Humbug Club!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

brngbakdrmfndr is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Tower of Terror
    Credits

I LOVE the HS street performers, and all the street performers for that matter. They make Disney different from any other amusement park, and I love watching unsuspecting guests get pulled into the show.

I don't get why people love Test Track so much. I get more of a thrill driving my car to the parks then I do on that ride (ok, maybe a little exaggeration). The ride is slow for the most part and the story is not very engaging. I'm hoping the rehab changes my feelings on this attraction

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by brngbakdrmfndr View Post
    I LOVE the HS street performers, and all the street performers for that matter. They make Disney different from any other amusement park
    Unfortunately, most theme parks in the UK seem to have them - and they are equally unfunny! I think some of the "humour" may be lost in translation as I know English humour can differ from American sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by brngbakdrmfndr View Post
    I don't get why people love Test Track so much. I get more of a thrill driving my car to the parks then I do on that ride (ok, maybe a little exaggeration). The ride is slow for the most part and the story is not very engaging. I'm hoping the rehab changes my feelings on this attraction
    I know what you mean - but the high speed part makes up for the rest of it for me!

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    Just a dream away!

disneymama2000 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Disneyland Resort
    Favorite Attraction
    Grizzly River Run
    Favorite Parade
    Electrical Parade
    Favorite Character
    Donald Duck
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    But they're not that much cheaper (and mugs are functional - lol).

I get buying pins to wear - that's fine - but the whole pin trading thing baffles me.

You buy mugs to drink from as a daily reminder of the great time you had at WDW. Same with pins that you buy to wear. I don't get paying good money for something you're going to swap. And in doing the swap, you waste valuable park time!

Then when you get home, you just hang the lanyard up somewhere - or worse, put it away for your next trip.

I'd rather just buy the pin I want, wear it and save the hassle of trading.

I'm a miserable old curmudgeon (and that's a word that should be used more often)!!
    As for the pin trading I agree a waste of time and money...unless it's a quick trade and for one that is no longer available maybe. Hahaha yeah that's what I have always done hung up the lanyards until our next trip,I mean there really is no use for them other than taking them on the next trip.

I just don't get it why parents don't control their kids when in line for an attraction, last time while waiting in line for the Grizzly RR. there were kids hanging all over the ropes and messing with the decorations on the "do not touch side". Then sometimes you get those parents that send their kid or kids running ahead of other people just to get in line for a ride even if it means shoving someone else out of the way. Or worst of all when in line for an attraction it's annoying when the people behind you are practically breathing on your neck while walking towards the ride or they try to blend in to get ahead of you REALLY??? [replacer_img]

Last edited by disneymama2000; 08-15-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Disney addict for life

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

In defense of pins, I have them on a lanyard hanging in a place where I can see them. On every WDW trip (about 3x a year) I select a couple to pin on my bag. I get at least one pin on every trip, so they're all souvenirs of my WDW vacations. I never buy them anywhere else.

On the other hand, I have several Disney mugs that are never used and stay hidden in a kitchen cabinet.

I don't get pin trading as an adult, but I can see how it's fun for children.

Another thing I don't get is why Sounds Dangerous has not been replaced with something people actually like.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    In defense of pins...
    I don't have a problem with pins per se (sorry - I probably used the wrong words in my original post). I'm like you and don't get the trading concept.

Buying pins for yourself if the same as buying any other souvenir. I just don't get why you'd buy something you cared for so little that you'd swap it for something else!

And anyway - another thing (and sorry for being obvious)

Pecos Bills!

I mean.....WHY?????

Winkster's Lanyard
    Just a dream away!

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Yes!! Pecos Bill! I forgot about that one. I don't get it, either.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14

MINI Mouse is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot, but they are all really close to my hart
    Favorite Attraction
    Test Track
    Credits

I don't get the Turkeyleg, they smell awefull and look disguesting

And agree with The Grand Floridian. It's beautiful from the outside, I love the sweet doorman who 'welcomes you home' but on the inside it's not my thing, no atmosphere, no shops, just not for me. I wanted to go outside again as quick as possible.
    This year however we give it another try, def want to see the gingerbreadhouse

Oh, and It's a small world, not my thing

As far as the pintrading, did it last year and loved it because it sometimes was the start of a great conversation with a sweet CM
    I will only trade with CM, no one else
    (and bought the pins on eBay specially for trading)
    Don't think I will do it again, maybe just a few leftovers from last year. our 'pinwall' is full

Last edited by Curious Alice; 08-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    MINI Mouse's Lanyard
    Cruise Line Palm TreesMickey Cruise LineHalloween - MNSSHPHalloween - MinnieWalt Dsney World
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

wbeci007 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Favorite Character
    Alice in Wonderland
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by MINI Mouse
    Oh, and It's a small world, not my thing
    I used to hate It's a Small World. I couldn't understand why my mom loved it so much. I would just wait for the ride to end.
    Then I became obsessed with the Sherman Brothers and I bought their cd and the song was on there and I started to sing along while listening in my car and I quickly became a huge fan of the song. Now it is like I have to go on the ride and I will gladly go on it twice a visit!!

kvannede is offline Cast Member In Training
    Favorite Park
    Animal Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Expedition Everest
    Favorite Character
    Tinker Bell
    Credits

I agree with the Stitch ride, we rode it once, my daughter cried, never again..

Haven't had the Dole Whips

I also don't get the Pirates of the Carribean ride. I love the movies but was thoroughly disappointed with the ride.

I also enjoy watching the MK fireworks from the Polynesian instead of in the park

i heart disney3 is online now Cast Member
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice

I totally agree with you about the DHS street performers! I always run the other way when I see them.

Me too! I don't want to get pulled into their show. I haven't seen them in a long time, but if I recall correctly, they involve guests in their performances, right?

joanna71985 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Great Movie Ride
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by i heart disney3 View Post
    Me too! I don't want to get pulled into their show. I haven't seen them in a long time, but if I recall correctly, they involve guests in their performances, right?
    Yes they do

Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 21-25, 2014 (for now), Dream: May 11-14, 2015 (for now)
    TD Moderator

Tinker Britt is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Thunder Mountain
    Favorite Parade
    Fantasy and Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Tinkerbell & Mickey Mouse
    Credits

I don't get the pin trading either. I have some given to me by a friend and I sport them on my one strap bag when I'm in Disney but that's about it

Tinker Britt's Lanyard
    Grand FloridianMary PoppinsWalt Dsney WorldLady and the TrampMickey and Minnie on Dumbo
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

disneymama2000 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Disneyland Resort
    Favorite Attraction
    Grizzly River Run
    Favorite Parade
    Electrical Parade
    Favorite Character
    Donald Duck
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt View Post
    I don't get the pin trading either. I have some given to me by a friend and I sport them on my one strap bag when I'm in Disney but that's about it
    We have so many pins on our lanyards that there is absolutely no room for anymore..that being said I just buy maybe 1 or 2 a trip, and trade a pin for another pin that is a limited edition or one that is no longer available. I would much rather get souvenirs!!

Disney addict for life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12