Instant Impressions Header
    G00fyDad is offline guest
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

New Mousekeeping Envelopes

I made some new Mousekeeping envelopes for everyone. You will need Adobe Reader to view them. I also made them editable so that you can replace anything I have written on them with your own words if you want to. I usually print out a different one for each day and leave it on the table for the Mousekeeping staff.

Just be sure that you leave this envelope out in plain sight away from everything else AND under the little blue card that the Mousekeeper will leave on the table. Otherwise they may not take it.

http://kgramlin.home.insightbb.com/

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

MickeyPhD is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    MK--Epcot is a close 2nd
    Favorite Attraction
    Soarin'
    Credits

Re: New Mousekeeping Envelopes

Wow! Thanks for sharing. This is a great idea.

MickeyPhD

Kylie'smom is offline Senior Cast Member
    Credits

I have a question about tipping mousekeeping. Does everyone tip everyday or is it O.K. to only tip on the last day for your whole stay? If you tip every day how much do you tip? We have always left a large tip at the end of our stay, is this not O.K.?

Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

MickeyPhD is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    MK--Epcot is a close 2nd
    Favorite Attraction
    Soarin'
    Credits

I would think tipping every day or at the end is at your discretion. We usually only tip every day when staying at Disney because of the towel creatures. At other hotels we tip at the end.

MickeyPhD

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie'smom View Post
    I have a question about tipping mousekeeping. Does everyone tip everyday or is it O.K. to only tip on the last day for your whole stay? If you tip every day how much do you tip? We have always left a large tip at the end of our stay, is this not O.K.?
    We tip every day. I never know if the same person cleans the room every day. If not, some will get nothing and a very lucky person will get a whacking tip on your last day.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

You should tip each day. About $1 to $2 per person in the room. Like Winkster said, you never know if the same person will be the one cleaning each day. I can imagine someone coming into a room for the first time in a week and getting a huge tip for others work from the week. We always clear off the table in the room (because it is usually jammed with things we bought all day, papers, and other junk) and we make sure that the little blue card that Mousekeeping sets out (picture below) is on top of the tip. I know, I kept the Mousekeeping info card. I need help for this sickness. Thankfully I'll have all the help I need in 511 days.

The reason you need to leave the tip under the little blue card is because some mousekeeping will not take it if it isn't under that. I think they are told not to because it might not be a tip laying there. If it is under the card then it is meant to be a tip.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Mousekeeping Envelopes-maid-card.jpg  

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

I usually leave it with a note attached that says "Thank you." It's always gone when I get back to the room.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    I usually leave it with a note attached that says "Thank you." It's always gone when I get back to the room.
    That's what we usually do but during this last trip there were 3 days that the tip was still in the room after we got back. After the 3rd time I asked Mousekeeping and they told me that it was probably left because it wasn't under the card.

I'd just hate to see them not get the tip.

Dismom is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot - World showcase
    Favorite Attraction
    All of it.
    Favorite Character
    Mickey & Minnie, Tink
    Credits

I make special envelopes that clearly announce that what is in the envelope is for mousekeeping (similiar to the ones posted). I place them on top of the tv unit so they lean on something so mousekeeping can clearly see it upon entering the room.

And, yes guilty of keeping that little blue card too!!!

Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 1983 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - All Star Movies; December 2007 - All Star Music; Sep/Oct 2009 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; Apr/May 2011 Pop Century

Kylie'smom is offline Senior Cast Member
    Credits

Thank you everyone. I didn't know.
    I'll make sure to tip every day.

Love & Pixie Dust
    Patty

smee is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Soaring
    Credits

G00fyDad,

WOW and Thank for sharing the ideas and designs. You truly deserve the Title of "Senior Imagineer". I will be using these on our next trip.

Thank you
    Smee

All Star Sports 1995, All Star Music 1998, Contemporary 2000, Disneyland Hotel 2001, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2003, Contemporary 2005, Grand Floridian 2006, Ft. Wilderness Resort 2006, Disneyland Grand Californian 2008, Wilderness Lodge 2009, Boardwalk Inn 2009, Boardwalk Inn 2010, Disney Wonder 2010, Saratoga Springs 2011

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Living with the Land
    Credits

Just a little extra something I thought I might do for the Mousekeepers as well is buying a small bag of "store packaged" candy from a local (and very old) candy making shop down the street called Schimpff's Confectionery (found here http://www.schimpffs.com/ ) and leaving one of the small bags with the tip each day. I may even dress the bags up a little with colored ribbon and a personal Thank You card.

This shop has been around forever and they make the candy the old fashioned way and they do it in the open (well, behind glass) so you can watch them as they do it. Whenever I have to go into the office and I have my kids with me we stop in to get something since it is about 2 doors down from my office.

Kebabs is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Kilamanjaro Safari
    Favorite Parade
    Spectromagic
    Favorite Character
    Pooh & Tinkerbell
    Credits

They're great, thank you for sharing, and thank you for explaining about the tipping, we are going to stay for the first time in a Disney hotel this September, and I wasn't really sure what was the right thing to do!
    Dx

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Previous Disney Trips:-

Sept '11, Nov '10, Sept '09, Sept '08, Dec '07, May '07 (with Mum), Nov '06, Mar '06, Oct '05, Sept '04, Sept '03, Aug '02, Sept '01, Dec '99, Sept '97, July '95 + 5/6 trips to Disneyland Paris.

Herdman is offline Cast Member
    Credits

The envelopes are great. For our upcoming trip, I had our daughter write "Thank You Mousekeeping" on each of our envelopes, and then she decorated each envelope with Disney stickers we bought at Wal-Mart. She had a blast, as well as feeling like she was a part of the preparation for the trip.

Mike