joanna71985 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Great Movie Ride
    Credits

Re: Going to wdw on your own??

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    I can see going on rides and shopping (especially shopping!) when you're on your own, but wouldn't meals be lonely? Would you get a table for one in a nice restaurant?
    I'm not the poster, but I go to the restaurants on property all the time as a solo (especially character dining). It never bothers me that I'm by myself

Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 21-25, 2014 (for now), Dream: May 11-14, 2015 (for now)
    TD Moderator

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

I often dine alone when away on business although I'm not sure if I'd do it at WDW.

I might prefer QS meals instead.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

lionkingfanno1 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster
    I often dine alone when away on business although I'm not sure if I'd do it at WDW.

I might prefer QS meals instead.
    I don't think I'd be a big meal person on holiday. I'm not at home. I'm more of a 'snacker' so like I said going to a restaurant once or twice or so while I'm there won't really bother me. I wouldn't mind the character dining though

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

lionkingfanno1's Lanyard
    Space mountain
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them

Disneyland Paris 23rd-26th dec '07
    Walt Disney world 1st-15th nov '12
    Florida (clarion inn-LBV) 17th nov- 2nd Dec '15

galaga_girl is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Favorite Parade
    Once Upon A Dream
    Favorite Character
    Pluto
    Credits

I've been to WDW twice by myself I was in my 20's both times and it was only around 8 years ago. Now I have a partner and go with him, but I loved going solo. I loved being able to shop at my leisure, I love to window shop and look at the World of Disney store for hours and that is nice when you are alone not to have somone waiting fo you all the time to "hurry up"
    Rides are also great alone as you can get on quicker in the single rider lanes.

Meals are not lonely, i've found lots of lovely people who will strike up a conversation with you and CM's are great. You also don't have to wait as long to get served when alone for some reason. I've eaten at many "nice" restaurants alone so don't worry about that. But I do prefer to eat counter service when alone.

People watching is my fav thing to do though, and you often can't do that when you are with another person.
    CM's notice you are solo also and you can have some great conversations with CM's.

I am so excited for you, you will have a blast!!

---------------------------
    ºoº
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by galaga_girl View Post
    People watching is my fav thing to do though, and you often can't do that when you are with another person.
    Great reply galaga_girl - thanks!

The only bit I'd disagree with is about the people watching (not that it's great alone but that you can't people watch with another person).

We always travel as a couple and people watcing is one of our (certainly mine!) favorite pasttimes at WDW.

I'd certainly people watch if I was on my own but I love being able to talk to my other half about the things we see (especially over a nice cold beer or glass of wine!).

I'd love to spend part of a day alone at WDW although I can't ever see my self going there if I was on my own. Not sure why - I think I just see it as a couples/family place after so many trips as a couple and/or family.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

lionkingfanno1 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by galaga_girl
    I've been to WDW twice by myself I was in my 20's both times and it was only around 8 years ago. Now I have a partner and go with him, but I loved going solo. I loved being able to shop at my leisure, I love to window shop and look at the World of Disney store for hours and that is nice when you are alone not to have somone waiting fo you all the time to "hurry up"
    Rides are also great alone as you can get on quicker in the single rider lanes.

Meals are not lonely, i've found lots of lovely people who will strike up a conversation with you and CM's are great. You also don't have to wait as long to get served when alone for some reason. I've eaten at many "nice" restaurants alone so don't worry about that. But I do prefer to eat counter service when alone.

CM's notice you are solo also and you can have some great conversations with CM's.

I am so excited for you, you will have a blast!!
    Cheers for your info galagagirl haha I must admit I am getting a lot more nervous now I'm getting closer to going but I have always wanted to go to disneyworld and I am quite a people pleaser. So my first time I wouldn't like to go with a friend as I'd feel that I wouldn't enjoy myself as much.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

lionkingfanno1's Lanyard
    Space mountain
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them

Disneyland Paris 23rd-26th dec '07
    Walt Disney world 1st-15th nov '12
    Florida (clarion inn-LBV) 17th nov- 2nd Dec '15

galaga_girl is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Favorite Parade
    Once Upon A Dream
    Favorite Character
    Pluto
    Credits

You really will love it and it's funny becuase when I was alone people just came up to me all the time, even if they were with a group. I would wear my pins and that always gets people to talk to you when they want to trade, but also because I was alone they assumed I was a "veteran" and knew where everything was (I did) and so i'd give directions to Pirates of the Carribean or Dumbo, it was a real blast and i'd love to go again alone but somehow I don't think my soon-to-be husband would like that too much LOL, an overseas trip without him, NEVER!! :-)

---------------------------
    ºoº
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12