Vmk

Thread: Vmk

Vmk

Can anyone give me any information on the VMK scavanger hunts at MK? I believe it is on Main Street.

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

Re: Vmk

Are you asking about the VMK game?
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Yes, I know there is an online game.... but I heard that at MK there is now a "shop" set up on Main Street where you can play a scavanger hunt type game thru the parks to earn some game points.

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4

Quote Originally Posted by Team Disney
    Yes, I know there is an online game.... but I heard that at MK there is now a "shop" set up on Main Street where you can play a scavanger hunt type game thru the parks to earn some game points.
    I was not aware of that.
    I do know of the Disney's Family Magic Tour , that is a 2 hour scavenger hunt that is held in the Kingdom. The cost on that is $27.
    I hope you find your answer if that is different from what I have given.
    Rick
    Walt Disney

My sister just got back this week and in short she told me this...

"...in the actual Magic Kingdom, on Main Street there is shop dedicated to VMK ( I remember that the shop used to run old mickey movies) They have difficult scavenger hunts that you can go on that gives you codes for virtual prizes within the on line game (the only way to get these prizes is at the park). We had a lot of fun working on these - but they are difficult like how many totem poles do you see at the 1st hill on Mount Everest in Animal Kingdom? - which is hard to count when you are going super fast on a roller coaster...!"

Anyone out there ever play? Sounds like fun

Thanks Mickeycrazy... that family scavanger hunt sounds like fun too!
    Last edited by Team Disney; 04-12-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4

I tried a web search and I did find mention of the VMK hunt but they gave no details.
    I have the phone number for all the tours, it might help.
    407-WDW-Tour (407-939-8687)
    Rick
    Walt Disney

The VMK shop is the old Main Street Cinema building. The in-park quests are longish cards with questions and 4 answers that you can pick one to scrath off as your answer. the cards also tell you what your prizes could be if you win. There's a current Pirates of the Carribean quest that actually gives you a free VMK gift card on it of a POTC Well as well as an Animation Quest which, when answered correctly, gives you an "Animation Viewer". Recently I took the Animation Quest and won not only the viewer but about 6 other card-prizes that gave me other items for VMK as well as another glow in the dark wrist band with yet another code to win more stuff. Definitely something to check out on your way into the park and grab a few to take with you and answer as your day goes on. As you leave, make sure you check them into the VMK shop to get your prizes!
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

Wow Ed. that is a lot of info, and sounds like fun. Thanks !
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Its all fun! We have done this on our past two trips.... I dont recall the scavenger hunt but the quests are pretty cool and fn for all. The hunts sound cool also....
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Thanks for all the info!!!!

I bet my sister mispoke by saying scavanger hunt.... I bet she really meant quest. Thanks so much for the info... it does sound like fun!
    Is there a charge involved.... I have got to try this

Anyone else out there try this???

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4

in Magic Kingdom, there is a type os shop called VMK Central which is where they have stations set up if you want to play the game and if you want to take some of the quests. The quests now are the animator's quest which tests your knowledge on vmk movies, the pirate's of the caribbean quest which you have to go on the ride to get all the answers to (for ex, they ask what the pirates are playing when you first go on it), they have the thrill seekers quest which you have to go to MK as well as AK to get the answers to how many totems are in everest and also to get a stamp that says you went on Kali River Rapids (you can not complete this quest without it) and the last quest they have is the high school musical quest which tests you on all about the movie. Once you have completed these quests, you show all your answers to the cast members and if you get them right you get code card prizes which you can redeem in the game for virtual prizes. You also get vmk wrist bands which are neon green that you can actually wear (they have a secret code on the inside of them)
    It is really fun to do these quests and i play VMK, it is really fun!! They have exact replicas of all the lands and different attractions that combines disney world's mk, disney land's mk and disney land paris's mk.

there is also no charge i forgot to mention that.. oh! and they also hav a vmk both that you can get quests in disney land, they have the animator quest although they give different prizes and it asks different questions i don't know if there are any other quests though...
    Last edited by clouded_pegasus; 04-21-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A dream is a wish your heart makes. If you believe, it will come true.

"We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"

Hold on to all lose items, we are moving this thread to the new VMK Forum.
    Rick
    Walt Disney

How many in park quests are there? Can you get new virtual prizes each day?

5/2001- All Star Music
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4