Rubber Ducks elude Giant T-Rex!

Rubber Ducks elude Giant T-Rex!

Thousands of Rubber Ducks Elude T-rex as Universal Studios Hollywood's Second Annual 'Classic at Jurassic II' Benefit Raises Scholarship Funds and Support for Children's Health Programs and Services for the Homeless
    Thursday September 4, 3:20 pm ET

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Sept. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Studios Hollywood is quacking up for a second consecutive year!

Tonight, for one evening only, mallards will outnumber dinosaurs at Universal Studios Hollywood's "Jurassic Park -- The Ride" as over 2000 rubber duckies plunge 84 feet before waddling to the finish line in the theme park's second annual "Classic at Jurassic II" rubber duck derby to benefit the Discover A Star Foundation.

Larry Kurzweil, president and chief operating officer, Universal Studios Hollywood said: "Universal Studios Hollywood takes a great interest in helping the community and the 'Classic at Jurassic' event -- now a tradition here at Universal -- allows our employees and sponsors to have fun while contributing to the very meaningful programs that are supported by the Discover a Star Foundation. All of us at Universal Studios Hollywood take pride in the contributions that this Foundation has made to our community."

Created and sponsored by Universal Studios Hollywood, the Discover a Star Foundation funds a college scholarship program for Southern California students as well as initiatives targeted toward children's health issues and services for the homeless.

Universal employees and corporate sponsors have purchased and decorated thousands of rubber ducks for the event, which is part of a drive to exceed last year's record-breaking $400,000 fundraising total.

With financial support raised through contributions from business associates and Universal Studios Hollywood employees, the Discover a Star Foundation has to date provided college scholarships to 186 students from the cities of Los Angeles, Glendale and Burbank. In 2003, an additional 21 high school students were chosen on the basis of both academic excellence and financial need to receive college scholarships this fall. Additional Discover a Star Foundation initiatives in the fields of children's health and services for the homeless will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Featuring such unique and ground-breaking attractions as "Shrek 4-D," "Terminator 2: 3D," "Jurassic Park -- The Ride" and the world-renowned behind- the-scenes "Studio Tour," Universal Studios Hollywood is the world's largest movie studio and theme park.

Universal Studios Hollywood ( www.universalstudioshollywood.com ) is a unit of Universal Parks & Resorts, a division of Vivendi UNIVERSAL Entertainment (VUE) ( www.universalstudios.com ), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

Source: Universal Studios Hollywood
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

Sounds Great and for a good cause.
    -Jeff Wayne
    Disneyland Cast Member

Making dreams come true...

I'd really enjoy watching that. Plus it really is for a good cause.
    Go Noles! Ryan

I don't know...but the thought of seeing all those rubber duckies just cracks me up!
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

The idea of mixin dinos' with rubber ducks has kind of a strange image....although i have to say it definetly a unique idea in makin money for a good cause!

I was part of it last year, I still got my duck too! But the President of USH won the race last year.
    Last edited by BigMike497; 04-17-2004 at 11:30 AM.

BigMike...then I take it that you are an employee at USH?
    beauties!"