Taking Photos Of Fireworks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1

    Taking Photos Of Fireworks?

    Just what you think the best way to take photos of fireworks is?

    Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    8 miles from DLR!
    Posts
    15,524
    DP sent me a pic from WDW with the fireworks in the background with his cell phone one time & it was a great shot.
    I really would not have a clue if there is a special technique required.
    You could borrow DP's cell phone!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brookline NH
    Posts
    252
    First i need more information what kind of camera do you have? is it a point and shoot or an SLR if an SLR how old is it?

    If you give me this info i can tell you the best tecnique.
    Monorails And Thunder Mountain Worth the 28 Hour Drive!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl
    DP sent me a pic from WDW with the fireworks in the background with his cell phone one time & it was a great shot.
    I really would not have a clue if there is a special technique required.
    You could borrow DP's cell phone!
    I think I saw that picture it came out great. A method I use alot is to take it in a moving picture or movie mode on my digital camera then bring it back to my computer and freeze frame it transfer it to a picture. I have tried taken it as a regular pic but alot of times the firework gets blury.

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 10 min to wdw
    I think I saw that picture it came out great. A method I use alot is to take it in a moving picture or movie mode on my digital camera then bring it back to my computer and freeze frame it transfer it to a picture. I have tried taken it as a regular pic but alot of times the firework gets blury.
    that is absolutely a great idea, i only use my digital camera and know movements make the pictures blurry. thanks 10 min


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    8 miles from DLR!
    Posts
    15,524

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by 10 min to wdw
    I think I saw that picture it came out great. A method I use alot is to take it in a moving picture or movie mode on my digital camera then bring it back to my computer and freeze frame it transfer it to a picture. I have tried taken it as a regular pic but alot of times the firework gets blury.
    You were in that picture!
    Of course it was great!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

  7. #7
    I thought you were talking about the other one he sent you that night. oh well

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    8 miles from DLR!
    Posts
    15,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 min to wdw
    I thought you were talking about the other one he sent you that night. oh well
    That one was good too!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterKev
    First i need more information what kind of camera do you have? is it a point and shoot or an SLR if an SLR how old is it?

    If you give me this info i can tell you the best tecnique.
    All I have is a run of the mill kodak digital camera. . .



    Sorry this is Ryan posting from the wifes computer. . .
    Last edited by Princess D.; 06-07-2004 at 07:00 PM.
    Thanks,
    Princess D.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brookline NH
    Posts
    252
    The best thing to do with a point and shoot. if their is a focus turn the camera on and lefe the focus alone. when you here the fire works launch count to one and snap the picture. on film this works 9 times out of ten. but i have never worked with digital so just keep trying you can always deleet what you dont want.


    Have a great trip and let me know how thw picks work out
    CoasterKev
    Monorails And Thunder Mountain Worth the 28 Hour Drive!!

  11. #11
    the only problem with that is at disney the music is so loud at the MK and the fireworks get luanched so far away you can't hear them. At Epcot that method would work though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    I CAN get there in about 1 hour!
    Posts
    4,275
    My issue is in low light levels, the camera has a hard time getting a sharp focus. It constantly hunts around, and by then you lose the shot.
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"



    Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Headed down I-95 south to Orlando with 3 yowling cats!!
    Posts
    5,007
    What I usually do is set the camera on sport mode when I want an automatic exposure sort of thing.

    Here's a link to a good article that has some guidelines on shooting fireworks.

    http://www.photozo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2494
    Hope it helps
    Please help us spread pixie dust throughout the land

    Marry a CM..It's great!! You get most of the benefits and none of the work!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    I CAN get there in about 1 hour!
    Posts
    4,275
    Thanks DP! those are great ideas and tips. I'll have to try that out with my camera the next time I'm there for the fireworks!
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"



    Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pewaukee WI.
    Posts
    17,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneypro
    What I usually do is set the camera on sport mode when I want an automatic exposure sort of thing.

    Here's a link to a good article that has some guidelines on shooting fireworks.

    http://www.photozo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2494
    Hope it helps
    Those are some great ideas , thanks DP!
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DCL Fireworks
    By Tinas Travel in forum Disney Cruise Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:43 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. Hi, New user looking for photos :)
    By jswtsang in forum TD archives
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 08:14 AM
  4. Member Photos Are A Go!
    By Ryan C. in forum TD archives
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2003, 09:23 AM
  5. MK fireworks question
    By YensidFan in forum TD archives
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP