Taking Photos Of Fireworks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for sharing DP those are some great tips.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Thanks for the tips. I have just purchased a Canon Powershot A80 for our trip in 5 weeks time. I am busy practising so I know how to get the best out of the camera whilst away. I am already on page 42 of the instruction book! Just 232 pages to go I have also purchased a 512mB memory card and a 256mB one in case I get carried away with photos!!

I was thinking of buying those waterproof disposable cameras for the Waterparks and swimming with Manatees?!?!?!

I got some great pictures with my cell phone too. I must have just gotten lucky...lol!
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

Great tips, everyone! What I normally do is use the nighttime mode on my Kodak Advantix. I should also try using the sport mode as well. I found that my grandpa's Olympus camera (non digital) got THE CLEAREST pics of any I've seen anywhere. Awesome IllumiNations pictures!! I want an Olympus...!!!
    Jackie
    a true princess @

a trick

one thing i know when taking pics of fireworks is to turn your flash off. i have never tried it but think i am going to. also set your camera if possible to fast shooting mode

hope this helps

also if u have a star filter this makes the fireworks look awsome

i am not a professional by the way, i have just read up on a lot o photography
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    M I C K E Y M O U S E
    WDW JUNE 12-17th and hopfully Dec. 05

i am not a professional by the way, i have just read up on a lot o photography[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try to turn my flash off also!
    Jackie
    a true princess @

Hope they turn out good for ya
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    M I C K E Y M O U S E
    WDW JUNE 12-17th and hopfully Dec. 05

Keep the camera really still while and about 5 seconds after taking the picture.

WDW- "So this is love."

I just got a Kodak Easy Share Camera and it has a special setting for taking pictures of fireworks......I can't wait to try it out!!!!
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

great article thanks!!

Fireworks

I'm not sure what features are on everyones camera, but on mine I have a mode for taking pictures of fireworks and they came out ok. I'll post it for ya so you can see. It's not perfect like I would want but any ways here you go.

Note : Sorry but I needed to delete your picture as it was oversized for our boards.
    If you would like to show us this picture again , please do , but use the manage attachments link below that shows up when entering a post. This will help you get the size right .
    mickey crazy , TD Staff

I'm sorry about this. It won't happen again. I did use the manage attachments like you suggested, the only thing is I'm having trouble resizing the picture. I did get it to the suggested size, but there was nothing left of the picture to really show. So I'm not going to post the picture. Maybe what I can do though is post a link to Photobucket which shows the picture I tried to post.
    So here is the link to view the picture: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...Fireworks3.jpg
    Last edited by DsnyLBV; 12-25-2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: I was trying to resize a picture

Re: Taking Photos Of Fireworks?

I just looked into a digital camera that can take pictures of fireworks. I went to my loco camera store and was told there is only one digital camera on the market that can take pictures of firework. (I'm sorry I can't remember the brand name of the camera.) I was told the camera coast $300.00. I was shown the camera and it look very easy to use. I have not gotten yet, because it is expensive. I have to weight until I have the money to buy it. I'm sure if you go to a camera store and tell then exactly what you want the camera to be able to do. They will show you the camera. Good luck.

Camera Re: Taking Photos Of Fireworks?

I have taken several pictures of fireworks both at Disney and other places. You do NOT need a special camera, but an SLR or DSLR is easier to use. On these you have options for either bulb settings or long exposures. But a tripod or sturdy place to set the camera is a must because if you are taking a picture for more than a split second, everything will be blurry with the slightest of shakes. A lot of cameras have either night settings or fireworks settings which really are just extended exposures to capture more light. Hope this helps, although this is a very old post!
    Kristy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12