July 1-5th trip report

Mickey July 1-5th trip report

Just got home from our summer vacation. One stop was WDW for our 10th Wedding anniversary.
    We arrived at POFQ on the 1st at 3pm. Check in was a breeze. No long wait at all. CM Naomi even helped us purchase our tickets along with paying off our balance on the room. We had no specific room requests....just wanted to hurry and look around. lol
    We were on the 2nd floor of building 1. Not a far walk at all to the boat ramp on the river. The grounds were beautiful and it did look like the french quarter in New Orleans (were we spent most of our summer). However POFQ was MUCH cleaner and quieter.
    After we got to our room it only took five minutes for the port a crib and refrige to arrive. The room was spectacular. We had a great view of the fireworks from our room. We were given plenty of towels to last our stay, as well as the Mickey shampoos and soaps.
    That late afternoon we headed to DD to just hang out and look around. The boat ride was quiet and we caught a concert of 80's music.
    July 2nd we headed to Magic Kingdom. We had the buffet breakfast at the Crystal Palace. What a spectacular menu and always fresh. Our daughters loved the character interaction and they loved their breakfast birthday cupcakes and the birthday parade.
    Despite what I read the park did not seem unusually crowded. We got on all the rides with less than 15 minute wait. We only used fastpass once. And our fave haunted mansion we rode 3 times in a row with no wait. Due to the rain that evening we just headed back to the room and ordered pizza.
    Waiting in the room for us was an anniversary card, birthday cards for the girls and towel creatures. Lots of em.
    The 3rd we headed to Epcot and we found the park not as crowded. On the 4th we went to Epcot again to celebrate the 4th and do shopping that we didnt do on the 3rd. We ate at the Garden Grille. The characters and food was great. Especially the fish. We had a surprise anniversary cake waiting at the end of our meal. The restaurant rotates and it was spectacular. The painting and scenes were beautiful. The fireworks were great. Got a great seat and just camped out and ate McDonald's while we waited. The only downside to that night was waiting for bus transport to the room. We waited 2 hours. It seems POFQ got one bus while each other resort near us was getting 3 to our 1 every 5 minutes. The lot was empty except for the guests of POFQ waiting to catch a bus.
    That night I stepped on a carpet tack. That hurt. When I stepped on that I twisted my back. I could not move at all. We called front desk for help. Nothing. My DH went down there and was told a duty manager would come, again nothing. We waited until 2 am. I was in need of at least another night stay for my back to heal to walk or a doctor. We got neither except a band aid. When I got home I emailed and called disney. We are getting compensation in the form of dr. bill paid, huge discount on room for next stay and 2 day park hoppers for each of us. Not bad I guess.
    All in all it was great. The heat no that bad because we got in and out of rides quickly, the rains helped and crowds not that bad.
    Cant wait until we go again.
    I hope everyone received their postcards. A few didnt get mailed until the 6th of July due to my back injury. I think 2 or 3.

Sandi
    ~Sandi~

I am sorry to hear about the tack and the back problem. Things seemed to be a bit of a roller coster ride on your adventures .

Anyhow many thanks for your report and if you wish to add please do!
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mickey crazy
    Things seemed to be a bit of a roller coster ride on your adventures .

Anyhow many thanks for your report and if you wish to add please do!
    Well, this was our first time with trouble at WDW. I guess with the rooms being new the carpets were never fully inspected. But we still had a great time.
    ~Sandi~

When we go next year we will be celebrating our 10 year ann and our daughter's 4th birthday we will have to check into the Crystal Palace for our dd ! Sorry to hear about your tack and back

Thank you for the terrific trip report, codimouse. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time with few lines and waits! What wonderful anniversary and birthday surprises! Your daughters must have been thrilled! Are there any pictures you would like to share with us? (we love pictures)
    I am sorry to hear about your foot and back injury. I hope when you did finally see a doctor they updated your Tetanus shot.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

Good report! I'm so surprised to hear that the waits were so short this time of year.

I hope your back is feeling better. At least it seems like they gave you some nice compensation for your next trip.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl
    Thank you for the terrific trip report, codimouse. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time with few lines and waits! What wonderful anniversary and birthday surprises! Your daughters must have been thrilled! Are there any pictures you would like to share with us? (we love pictures)
    I am sorry to hear about your foot and back injury. I hope when you did finally see a doctor they updated your Tetanus shot.
    yes, got the shot
    i have pics i do want to share, however i cannot upload them and they are jpg format.
    i'll try again tomorrow evening.
    ~Sandi~

Good luck on the pictures , we love pictures!
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Headed down I-95 south to Orlando with 3 yowling cats!!
    Wow Sandi!! It sure sounds like you guys had a great time. That is, until the French Quarter Tack Incident. I'm sorta surprised that no one came to check up on you, but at least Disney did right by you guys in the end.
    Please help us spread pixie dust throughout the land

Marry a CM..It's great!! You get most of the benefits and none of the work!!

Mickey

I'm still trying on the pics. I can upload them now, however my file sizes are too large to upload to this site!!!
    ~Sandi~

Mickey

I did it. I posted the pics under the photos section in the member's galleries.
    pics of us, and the room.
    ~Sandi~

Wow, that sounded like once nice trip except for the last part. That must have been a wonderful surprise to see all those towel creatures and to have an anniversary and birthday cards waiting for you! I am sorry about the last part of the trip and that Disney did not really respond in a timely manner. Although its great to hear that they are paying for the Dr. and you get some discounts. Hope that you are feeling better and again thanks for the wonderful report
    -Jeff Wayne
    Disneyland Cast Member

Making dreams come true...