Old shows?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old shows?

Thumbs up Old shows?

Hey!
    Does anyone besides me like to watch all those old shows on TV Land? I especially love Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Addams Family, and I dream of Jeannie. I like the fact you can watch these shows with the whole family and not be offended, or have to worry about young eyes watching. Anyone understand my point or care to agree/disagree?
    Jackie
    a true princess @

BATMAN!

With Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin. I liked those moments when they get to either the Joker, the Catwomen, the Riddler, the Pinguin, or any other super criminal and fight them and there men and see those comic phrases in front of the screen like... "POW!," "KA-POW!," "KLUNK!," "OUCH!," "ZAP!," "CRASH!," "SMASH!," or some other kinds of comic phrases. It was also the time when Robin would say something like "Holy-'Something,' Batman!" And Batman's responce... "Yes, Robin!" I also love that Batman theme... "Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, BATMAN!"

I own Batman: The Movie on DVD. I actually think they need to bring first season of Batman to DVD. Since the first season of Wonder Women is already on DVD.
    Disney Jedi a.k.a. Tim

I'm Back!

I remember and love loads of old TV shows that I used to watch, past and present day! :

Open All Hours
    Only Fools And Horses
    Fawlty Towers
    Bottom
    The Young Ones
    He-Man
    She-Ra
    Popples
    Thundercats
    Transformers
    Wuzzles
    Gummi Bears
    Ducktales
    Talespin
    Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
    The Crystal Maze
    Knightmare
    The Krypton Factor
    Catchphrase
    Challenge Anneka
    You Bet!
    Mulan Is One Of My Favourite Disney Films Of All Time! It's Fantastic!

" NOT ALL GIRLS WEAR PINK "

i used to watch Robotech when i was a kid. i would race home after school to find out what happened next.

Palm Beach, FL...just about 2.5 hours South of WDW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks
    Hey!

Does anyone besides me like to watch all those old shows on TV Land? I especially love Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Addams Family, and I dream of Jeannie. I like the fact you can watch these shows with the whole family and not be offended, or have to worry about young eyes watching. Anyone understand my point or care to agree/disagree?
    I agree! I love the old shows! Back then they had to be genuinely even funnier because they weren't using "adult" inference to make the joke. It's the backbone of today's comedy. The pioneers of situation comedy.Thats why I like Disney so much I guess. truely entertaining and family friendly.

"In every job to be done there is an element of fun. Simply find the fun and *snap*...the job's a game!" -That Poppins woman

Countdown till I wish I was at Disney World ....about 2 seconds

Click here daily to vote for Talk Disney!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

HE-MAN and the MASTERS of the Universe & SHE-RA: Princess of POWER
    Disney Jedi a.k.a. Tim

I'm Back!

OMG! I am the biggest TV Land junkie!!!! Every night, I fall asleep to Three's Company. I also love Cheers, All in the Family, Dick Vandyke (had to make it one word so it would show on this board) Show, Bewitched, Addams Family, Leave it to Beaver...

Also I Love Lucy, of course! But I think they show it on Nick at Nite, which lately has been showing WAY too much Cosby and Roseanne, so I don't watch it anymore.

Also, I wish they'd bring back the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Taxi. It's been a while since they've been on.

And Disneymad83, I used to LOVE Fawlty Towers years ago!! I think "The Germans" was my favorite episode. Sometimes I see it here and there on cable, but I don't know if it plays regularly over here these days.
    Last edited by Curious Alice; 10-26-2004 at 04:12 PM.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    I always loved Bewitched. And I Dream of Jeanie was second.

Submarine Voyage Fan
    Rocket Rods Fan
    Space Mountain Fan

Hey Alice!
    I'm so glad that you and everyone in this forum agrees with me so far. I too fall asleep to TV Land every once and a while. It's just something about old shows that makes you want to go back in time. Cool!
    Jackie
    a true princess @

My favorite old show is I love Lucy!! I could watch it by the hours!!
    Official Space Mountain club member!
    Offical rocket rods and submarine voyage member!
    KIRBY--wishing i could be part of that world!

Beauty And The Beast

With Linda Hamilton (The Terminator, T2: Judgment Day) as Catheran and Ron Pearlman (HellBoy) as the beast Vincent. It was one of my favorite shows on CBS at the time. It wasn't anything like the Disney version of Beauty And The Beast. But it was a very good tv series. So good in fact I hope it will come to DVD soon.
    Last edited by Disney Jedi; 10-27-2004 at 02:49 PM.
    Disney Jedi a.k.a. Tim

I'm Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks
    Hey Alice!
    I'm so glad that you and everyone in this forum agrees with me so far. I too fall asleep to TV Land every once and a while. It's just something about old shows that makes you want to go back in time. Cool!
    I fall asleep with it EVERY night. I like to sleep with the TV on and right now the TV Land lineup works best for me. It used to be Nick-at-Nite, but some of those shows wake me up for some weird reason.

Jacks, your comment made me think of a cool sub-question for this category. If you could go back in time to live in one of those old shows (not as an actor, but to actually live in it as if it were real—like in the movie "Pleasantville"), which old show would you go to?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Probably either Leave it to Beaver, or Andy Griffith. I can't decide. But, actually, I thought of this same idea too. I just never submitted it!
    Jackie
    a true princess @

Lassie.

I use to watch Lassie and Jeff's Collie (which was a spinoff of Lassie since the dog was named Lassie) on Nickelodion. I'm talking about the old black and white tv show of Lassie.
    Disney Jedi a.k.a. Tim

I'm Back!

Hey. Question for everyone! Anyone here seen the old TV serries (now out on DVD) Lost In Space (starring June Lockhart, Angela Cartright, and Billy Mumy)? My dad remembered that show from when he was a kid, and went out and bought the whole first season! Let me know if you've seen this!!
    Jackie
    a true princess @

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast