Halloween or Christmas??

Halloween or Christmas??

This year I would like to go to one of the holiday events. I can't decide which one to go to between the Halloween and Christmas. If we go for Christmas it would be in early Dec. late Nov. because my niece and nephew will be out of school then.

I haven't been to either one and would love to go to both if I could pull it off.
    However if you could one choose one which would it be and why?
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." Walt Disney

I've never been down in Christmas, but I hear the parks can reach almost full capacity. I have been down in Halloween, though, and I reccomend it. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is great! There's fireworks, a great parade, and you can trick-or-treat all over the Magic Kingdom. We've done this for 2 years, and it has never been very crowded. Plus, the Food and Wine Festival is going on at Epcot around Halloween. ^^;
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.

Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train. -Walt Disney

When do you go at halloween? Early Oct. or closer to Halloween?
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." Walt Disney

Here's my input because I have been at Christmas and Halloween both twice and to both parties. The Christmas party was a complete disappointment for us, because of the timing. We went on the 17th, the last day. The Christmas shows, parades, etc. begin in the parks during regular hours on the 18th. So we spent the extra money for things we could have done the next week for free. The only thing we got special from the party was hot chocolate and a cookie. On the other hand, the Halloween party is fabulous. Everything you do is special just for the party...people dress up, they have costume contests, you trick or treat, there is special lighting and sounds and parade,etc. Things you can't do unless you go to the party. Plus crowd-wise, Oct. is a blast! Nothing compared to going at Christmas. I don't care about going back at Christmas -- it's nice, but I am a huge Oct. fan after this year's trips. Halloween party is AWESOME.

This year we went from the 22nd to the 31st. I think we went to the halloween party on the 24th.
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.

Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train. -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger2
    This year I would like to go to one of the holiday events. I can't decide which one to go to between the Halloween and Christmas. If we go for Christmas it would be in early Dec. late Nov. because my niece and nephew will be out of school then.

I haven't been to either one and would love to go to both if I could pull it off.
    However if you could one choose one which would it be and why?
    Hey Tigger- We just got back from Christmas at Disney World & it was amazing. The parks looked amazing. We were there Christmas week & the parks were very crowded but everything was open late so it worked out great for us. If you are able to go late Nov/ early Dec it will be even better because the parks will not be as crowded. Do keep in mind that the parks may not be open as late though. Anyway, my vote is for Christmas! Anytime you decide to go, you will have a great time!
    Have a Magical Day!

Thanks everyone. I was really leaning toward the Halloween in the first place, so thanks for the input. Maybe I can catch both who knows....