Kodak Moments - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Moments

Ed, i think maybe the Evil dolls are holding it captive.....
    Just Beth now! ****I Love WDW****
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    "A man has to believe in something... I believe i will have another drink"

Evil little trolls!
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great tips...I just got my first digital camera and I'm excited about using it when we go to Disney in October. Since I don't know the first thing about using it to its full potential, I appreciate hearing what everyone has to say about reformatting the card, etc.

And Ed--AWESOME pictures....I love them...hopefully I'll be able to get even half of the pictures I take to look as great as the ones you have!
    Tricia
    Previous Disney Trips: Sometime in 1978, October 2003, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006 (the best vacation ever, my boyfriend proposed at Epcot!)
    Upcoming Disney Trips: October 2007 (the usual family trip), December 2007 -- my Disneymoon!

Hi Tricia, and thanks! I am very happy that my photo galleries are being enjoyed by folks. Taht's what I do it for and I adore doing it! (Almost as much as I adore pintrading with Cast Members!)

Digital is such a joy! Really take the time before you get down there to read the manual and check out all the features. It's best to be fore-armed so there's no surprises. And take lots of photos! Even try to take 2 of every photo op with friends and family and yourself if you can! It's best to have backups in case the first one is not so great and you'll always have something with them from the trip that way taht are worth sharing. And never be afraid to enhance/crop/sharpen your shots when you get home to improve them a tad. It takes a little time but the end results are worth it. I feel it's best that each shot tells a story, including the details and subjects around the main point of focus. Sometimes I crop outside details to center a shot subject better and other times I don't crop because what's going on around the subject can make the photo more interesting and make the viewer feel like they are standing next to the photographer. I see a lot of folks upload photos directly from their cameras to all sorts of sites without cleaning them up a bit or even cropping them a tad and they don't looks as good, presentationally speaking, as those that have had a little time spent on getting them ready to share. And also, don't be afraid to ask Cast Members for a photo op when they make an impression on you. They appreciate it and it always helps you remember the great jobs they do. When little details catch your eye, photograph them no matter how many people joke about the fact that you'll photograph everything and anything. Of course you do! You have a digital camera and don't have to wait for film to get developed to enjoy the fruits of your trip experiences. Plus you are documenting the experience and no matter what, you're enjoying everything the parks have to offer as well as creating a time capsule of the entire event.

Another tip is get a few backup memory sticks and batteries! I always try to buy a couple of "next step up" memory sticks each time I buy, so I have several 32, 64 and 128's that I keep in my shoulder bag with fresh batteries at all times. I never know when I'll come across great photo ops no matter where I am. Best to be prepared rather than sorry that one didn't have the means to keep'a'clickin'!
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

Wow...thanks for all the great advice...I think I'm going to print it out and show my boyfriend who thinks that we only need one memory card for the camera...I keep telling him we need more, but he won't listen to me! I LOVE taking pictures, and last year I was so diappointed when we got the pictures back from our trip and the one picture I wanted the most (me and my boyfriend with Belle and the Beast) didn't turn out, I think because the flash didn't go off. This year we won't have that problem! I'm just glad I have about 6 months to figure out how to really work the camera and how to work the editing programs that came with the camera.
    Tricia
    Previous Disney Trips: Sometime in 1978, October 2003, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006 (the best vacation ever, my boyfriend proposed at Epcot!)
    Upcoming Disney Trips: October 2007 (the usual family trip), December 2007 -- my Disneymoon!

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, GO TO DISNEY WITH ONLY ONE STICK!!!! I personally don't take even half the photos that Ed takes. However, I carry with me 2-512mb PRO, 2-128mb, 1-64mb, 1-32mb, 1-16mb and 1-4mb (lol, the last one came with my video camera which also takes still shots). I too "step it up" each time I bought a new stick. Boy, am I glad. Believe it or not, I have filled all of these at once from a road trip we took two years ago. I even had to go back through some of them and delete the less amusing pics to make some room.

Now, my advice for you Ed. I suggest that you buy a MS holder. I got mine at Best Buy, but they are just about anywhere you buy MS. It holds eight sticks and its small and thin. I found that I was always looking for my sticks around the house, in the camera bag, or in my office. We almost lost one on our road trip. I was FURIOUS (we found it later)! It had fallen out of his pocket in the car and slipped under the seat. So, once I bought the holder, I keep them all in one place and that never happened again.

TLC, one last thing to remember. If your camera has a "movie" setting, know that when you use it, you are really sucking down memory space on your stick. If you find that you use this feature alot, invest in a larger stick like the 512mb PRO. I don't usually use that feature but my camera has another feature that also drains the memory. If I hold down the button while taking a picture, it continues to take pictures rapidly. If will need a larger MStick for this as well.
    If you give the world something positive to believe in, they will embrace it!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

Great advice from everyone. I have 2 128mb memory cards, and I know I filled 1 and half of another when I moved down here. I ways taking pictures of everything along the way.

Ah...pictures. There the only thing you have left after all those wonderful trips...besides the memories ofcourse, but when you have pictures, it makes the memories all the more real.

I had a dream the other night, that there was a fire in my house (god forbid) and that I was told I could only grab one thing. I grabbed my scrapbook. That's how important pictures are to me.

By the way, kudos on your picture gallery too Ed
    "Watch me dance, watch me twirl. There's a princess in every girl."

When your in Epcot at Japan look at the lake. There is a great pic of the Spaceship Earth in that direction.

WDW- "So this is love."

DisneyFine Honorary Citizen of the Magic Kingdom
    I would take one in France by the Cafe. It really looks like you are in France!

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Anim8EdCox
    Digital is the only way to go down there! And check out the disc/burning setups they have where they put all your images onto a disc for you so that it frees up your memory sticks! (And always reformat your memory sticks once they've been cleaned! It's like defragmenting your computer. It cleans them u and makes the newer photos better and crisper!)
    Oh my! I never knew this was available! WooHoo! Where do I find these wonderful places to burn a disk? And how the heck do I reformatte a memory stick??? I'm still new to digital cameras, I must find out how to do that! Off to check my manual!
    Coronado Springs Resort - May 2000
    All Star Movies - May 2006

Re: Kodak Moments

Ed,
    Your photo album is awesome!!!!!
    I have one question where are the photo opps located in Magic Kingdom (steamboat Willy,etc. cutouts)??
    My family and I are leaving in 19 days.
    I hope I can take half of the pictures you did.
    Thanks so much

Re: Kodak Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Flesner
    Where are the best places to take pictures around the world. I am looking for a list of those can't miss places for photo opportunities.

Thanks!!!!!!!
    I found it. Look on the park maps. You'll see little camera icons in various places on them. These are called Kodak "Picture Spots". These are spots recommended by Kodak for great pictures.
    Last edited by G00fyDad; 06-05-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12