Once again, I come to you guys for planning advice...m

Once again, I come to you guys for planning advice...m

Dh and I would like to go back to WDW during July 2006. We have already decided that we would like to stay at one of the Deluxe resorts (Poly or AKL). Is it too soon to start inquiring about packages and prices?

Jess, if you are around, I would love some of your input.

TIA,
    Wanda

P.S. I finally received my DVD planner. My dd LOVES to watch it and I love it as well.
    ~Wanda~

I do not think prices for 2006 have been released yet. You can do some general planning though as you can find out how much the room is for 2005 and expect it to be the same or possibly a little more. AKL is usually a little cheaper than Poly, but it all depends on the room view too and if you are going conciege, etc. Have a fun time planning!

Headed down I-95 south to Orlando with 3 yowling cats!!
    Nope it's not too soon Wanda. In fact, I'd recommend making your plans now and booking the room. I've made plans when the room rate for the following year wasn't available yet and even though the price went up, because I was already booked, my room rate stayed the same.

Happy planning!!
    Please help us spread pixie dust throughout the land

Marry a CM..It's great!! You get most of the benefits and none of the work!!

That is good to know, DP. Thanks for the tip. I guess I will have to call the Disney travel agents because I am unable to find out info for 2006 on the Disney site.

Also, I understand that the summer months are pretty busy. Is it safe to assume that any week after July 4th will be equally busy/nonbusy?
    ~Wanda~

I would start planning and book now....with this new package system they have this year you really can't beat the price especially if you are going to be there for a while....and whatever you book now will be honored next year even if the packages change... Have fun planning!
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

We were there one year the week during the 4th and it was very hot and crowded. We avoid this time of year now. As DP said you can book the room now and if they have a special for the time you are going you can call back and they will give you the discount.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Buchananrw~That is really good to know. I would not dream of going during the July 4th holiday. My dd is going to start pre-K in September and so now we have to plan our trips around her school schedule...which of course is when everybody else with children takes vacations.
    ~Wanda~

I know what you mean Wanda we have twin 16 yo girls and school starts here the second week of August. This last trip we went from July26 2004 to August 6 2004 and the girls started school on August 10th. It is getting harded to schedule but we found that going that late the crowds seemed to be a little thinner.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

yay I'll get to meet Wanda!! I agree with what everyone else has already said
    *Jillian*
    Yes, I am a Cast Member!
    Click here to become a Premium Member!

Thanks for all the great advice!!! July 2006 feels so far away now.

Jillian, I know we almost met the last time but hopefully this time we will have more success.
    ~Wanda~