A word about Disney Dining package add-on

A word about Disney Dining package add-on

We just returned from WDW (got back 4-4-05) and it was fantastic! We had the magic your way plus dining package and I thought anyone else who is planning to do the same could really use this info. First of all, I must say that the Disny Dining addition to our package was definately worth it . We are two adults and three kids (7,9, & 11). We never ate so well and had plenty enough to keep us full the whole day through. I booked priority seating for each of our 7 evenings there from the list of restaurants on the plan. This helped a lot, because most eateries were full at dinner time, and we were able to just walk right in (a few minutes wait). I would reccommend asking for a list of which snacks are actually allowed on the food plan before just choosing a pop (some of you say 'soda'), ice cream, or water. We asked in the food court of our resort and found out we could get, among other things, apples, oranges, and bananas. These were nice, healthy alternatives! Here is a word of caution. While in the Animal Kingdom, we stopped for a 'snack'. All five of us ordered cokes. When I received the receipt, I noticed the bottom said "25 counter service meals left" - indicating the cashier had run our order through as a counter service meal instead of a snack. Sure enough, after inquiring, that was the case, and it took a while (and a manager to come to the register) to correct this. Meanwhile, a long line was rather impatiently waiting behind us. After we left the counter, I noticed the manager had actually corrected only four instead of five snacks! I had to go to the guest services counter of our resort to correct THIS. It was a bit of a hassle; but all cast members were understanding and helpful. It just really shows that a person must watch every meal receipt to make sure it is rung up correctly. If I hadn't noticed this, we would've been out five counter-service meals. That means a lot when we are planning every meal! I know this is a long thread, but hopefully it will help someone avoid a problem.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes
    when you're fast asleep..."

Thanks for your report on the dining package . Sorry to hear about the problems but I am sure many of our members will now check their receipts .
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Thanks for the info. I am sure this will help and inform many people here at TD.
    Shelly

Thanks for the report on this! Glad to hear they corrected everything for you!
    Official Space Mountain club member!
    Offical rocket rods and submarine voyage member!
    KIRBY--wishing i could be part of that world!

For the info. We can never decide wether to get the dining package ot not but it seems as though it has gotten more affordable lately.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Thanks for the info...we're going to WDW in May and have the dining plan. I'm sure I would have been checking receipts anyway but now I'll make sure I do! Also good to know that there are other options for snacks besides junk food!

Another bonus to using Disney Dining was that on the last day of our stay, (a seven-night stay does not include meals on the eighth day), we kept a few items from our breakfast such as muffins, drinks, and fruit in our resort room to have for breakfast the next day. It was like getting a 'free' continental breakfast . If you like making coffee or tea with the coffee maker provided in your room, make sure to use bottled water, or it will probably taste different. Found that out the hard way. Most people in Florida do not drink the tap water.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes
    when you're fast asleep..."

Thanks for all of the Info... I was going to post a thread asking if any one had used it yet and now i don't have to... I'm going in August and staying for nine nights and ten days and we added the plan on... it's going to save us sooo much money... last year we ate at a sit down and a counter service ever day and we ended up spending well over $400...I can't wait untill i get to use mine... it's an AWESOME deal!!!
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

the dining plan can only be added to when you book a package is that correct went with room only and bought our tickets separetley and i was told i couldn't add on the dining plan. i know this was dicussed in another thread but i wanted to make sure nothing changed.

Thanks for the info. Glad everything worked out for you!
    Bridget
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-day, Wonderful feeling, W
    onderful day!
    WDWCP: May 2006 - January 2007

..Where Dreams Come True..

cool, thanks for the info
    Just Beth now! ****I Love WDW****
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    "A man has to believe in something... I believe i will have another drink"

Quote Originally Posted by faerie dust
    the dining plan can only be added to when you book a package is that correct went with room only and bought our tickets separetley and i was told i couldn't add on the dining plan. i know this was dicussed in another thread but i wanted to make sure nothing changed.
    That is correct faeriedust it can only be booked as a package.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Did you need to make reservations for every meal, counter or sit-down, prior to your arrival? Also, did you include a hopper pass in your ticket because I added the dining to my magic your way ticket but I'm still debating on the hopper pass.

Thanks,
    Sandyannie

great review upser!!! I new it would be a good plan. Did you eat at any of the resort restaurants? I am thinking about going over to Shutters or Cape May instead of eating at epcot. And I am also thinking about going to the Concoarse. Should I reserve these also since they are not necessarily right in the parks?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"