a day at universal

Question a day at universal

We will be in Orlando from May 27 thru May 29 checking into WDW on 29. We will have an extra day. My question is ... is it worth it to go to Universal for a day. My kids are 5 & 6 This is also memorial weekend. Will it be extremely crowded? I am wondering if I would be better off booking an extra day on my disney package giving us 7 days of WDW cost $193 meals included or $250 for universal not include meals.

Is it worth it. Or does anyone have a good idea for the extra day. Not seaworld.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

i think it's worth it because of the fun you will have and especially the memories for the kids but only if you are driving because this will give you the maximum amount of time to enjoy universal. for the kids i would do the islands of adventure of adventure and if you have time to visit the other park.

we are doing universal the end of june but the kids want to do one day at seaworld and does anyone know what is the cheapest way to do seaworld for one day with 3 adults and two kids?

after going to wdw for 20 years and when we went to ioa we were amazed that there other gift shops that had other things besides disney characters, it was something different and that's why we want to go to seaworld for one day, just break of the monoty of everything disney, this way you can appreciate how disney does everything perfectly.

andy

I would say if your kids are that young that they might enjoy Universal Studios better than Islands of Adventure. We have 5 kids and our two youngest are 9 and 4. Neither of them cared much for IOA. For the littler ones, the only thing around is the Seuss section. The other attractions scared him too much. At the studios, they have all of the Nickelodeon stuff (Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob) as well as Shrek, etc.

I would say go to the websites for the parks, look at what the different attractions are at each, and figure out what your kids would like best.

(BTW, Cypress Gardens is also a nice day trip if you have access to a car...)

-Jeff

~Jeff~

"Achilles; heel!"

I agree with Jeff if you decide to do Universal I would stick to the Studios because they won't be able to ride much at IOA. Personally I would just add the day to Disney with kids that age there is sooo much do see and do at Disney we were just there for 7 days and we still missed some things we wanted to see. If nothing else there is Downtown Disney and both the water parks at Disney you can explore. I have been to Universal (without my kids) and both my husband and I agree that when they are older it will be a great park to visit. IMHO. Have a great trip!
    Holly

If you can Dream it, You can Do it!

thanks for the info!! we decided on the extra night at Disney we already had extra day and our agent was able to rearrange our resort reservations so we could take advantage of that extra day. And, best of all it only cost us the one extra night.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

All the parks are going to be crowded Memorial Day weekend. Depends on if you want to spend the day in long lines. Universal Studios does have things for children your children's age to do. I think they would enjoy it but again how crowd tolerant is your family?

jeannej

Yes, a day at Universal is def worth it!!!! I would say you really do need two days, but if you only have one that is fine too.

It really is a toss up between which park to see IOA or Universal because they both have rides and attractions for you and your kids that are fantastic.
    At IOA there is a whole land devoted to kids, Seuss Landing, not to mention Marvel Super Hero Island and Jurrassic Park! But Universal has ET and also has the Woody Woodpecker play area too. If you can fit them both in a day i'd hop between the two, you can walk between the parks.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!