Matt Ouimet, President of Disneyland Resort

Thumbs up Matt Ouimet, President of Disneyland Resort

I am a season pass holder and go to Disneyland often (and have my whole life) to just enjoy the ambiance of the parks. Last week I was there and just walking around and it was cool that they were filming for the new parade on Main Street. BTW, the new floats are big, colorful, beautiful and dazzling! Anyway as I was across the street from the Emporium I looked up and almost ran into Matt Ouimet. I looked at him and just thought he looked so familiar but couldn't really think who he was until I saw his name tag "MATT". He was casual but yet was busy leaving Main Street. I looked back to watch him as he was walking past the Opera House and wanted to go and shake his hand but thought that was presumptuous of me. Anyway, it was great to see him there on Main Street. I think of him as a hero who has helped to revitalize Disneyland. I just wanted to shake hands with him and tell him that he is a dignitary more than many of the Hollywood types. He runs the Happiest Place on Earth and with great wisdom, skill and professionalism. I believe he has brought back some of the charm of the park that was lacking for awhile. I was raised here in California and have gone to the park since I was young and now I am 50 and still love going to the park. If Matt reads this, to you I simply say THANK YOU for doing such a great job.

David Spencer
    . . . there was blood on the saddle . . .
    -- Big Al, the man!

Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    I just wanted to say: That is SO awesome!!!

Submarine Voyage Fan
    Rocket Rods Fan
    Space Mountain Fan

On other boards I visit many people have told stories of them speaking with Matt. He is the park quite often I guess and loves to talk to guests. He seems to be very casual like Walt was and walk around and talk to people.

Mickey Thank you!

Thanks for the information about Matt being approachable at the park. I think if I see him there again I will go up and shake his hand and express our thanks to him. I was just so impressed to see him out and about in the Park. Where I work, if one of the upper management comes around, it is only due to a problem. Matt seems like a great leader.
    -- Big Al, the man!

That is very cool that you saw him I didn't know anything about Matt Quimet nor have I even heard of him until you started this thread.

Official Rocket Rods Member
    Official Space Mountain Member

Lightbulb Matt - Disneyland hero

I really don't know anything about him either but that he did a lot to help turn Disneyland around. For awhile it was the Disneyland Mall with sellers everywhere, and I mean like Gap Stores (inside joke some will get). But it is now a wonderful place again and getting even better. It was cool to see him and just see he is a human being who has a great job - probably the best job on the earth. And that he is excelling in his job and it makes it even better to find out that he is a nice guy too.
    -- Big Al, the man!

Thumbs up Happy Birthday Disneyland!

I was just at the park last night and it looks so great. All the new 50th merchandise is out - and I spent a lot!. The Mickeys are out and look so cool. The park is awesome! I can't wait for the opening, if I could only get a ticket for the closed day on the 4th! All the radio stations and TV stations and newspapers here in Los Angeles have been giving tickets away for the closed day and I have tried so hard to win - but alas, I have not so I will have to just go on the 5th! It is going to be so cool!
    -- Big Al, the man!

Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    Be sure to give us a full report when you go to DLR on May 5.

Submarine Voyage Fan
    Rocket Rods Fan
    Space Mountain Fan

Angry 05-05-2005

I still have no ticket for May 4th so I will write here after going on the 5th. I hope someone who goes on the 4th will post and share some stuff with us. Yesterday I looked at a lot of the multi picture pictures, they are cool, one great one is by the Submarines, but it is up in the air that you really can't see it. Also the Buzz pic is great but too high up to really check out. The new murals in Tomorrow land are spectacular! Bye for now
    -- Big Al, the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen287
    I still have no ticket for May 4th so I will write here after going on the 5th. I hope someone who goes on the 4th will post and share some stuff with us. Yesterday I looked at a lot of the multi picture pictures, they are cool, one great one is by the Submarines, but it is up in the air that you really can't see it. Also the Buzz pic is great but too high up to really check out. The new murals in Tomorrow land are spectacular! Bye for now
    Actually, the TD'er Disneyland1955 has got tickets for May 4th. So expect a trip report from him when he comes back!
    HmDonald90
    I FINALLY rode the new Space Mountain at Disneyland Park on July 5, 2005!!!
    Rides on the new Space Mountain at Disneyland Park up to date-- 19

Mickey THanks!

So cool that Disneyland1955 gets to be there at the park on May 4th! I am so jealous. I was there last week when they were filming the parade for commericals, the floats are awesome! The parade will ge great. I will check my mail when I get home from work, maybe I won one of the Annual Pass tickets (doubtful, I never win anything - oh well, thats cool) I am excited to hear what Disneyland 1955 writes! THanks again for your post!
    -- Big Al, the man!

So cool that Disneyland1955 gets to be there at the park on May 4th! I am so jealous. I was there last week when they were filming the parade for commericals, the floats are awesome! The parade will ge great. I will check my mail when I get home from work, maybe I won one of the Annual Pass tickets (doubtful, I never win anything - oh well, thats cool) I am excited to hear what Disneyland 1955 writes! THanks again for your post!
    You are very welcome. I am also very jealous. I go to DLR quite often so I was really hoping I could go on May 4th also. Oh well, I guess. At least I am going on May 5th, 2005. I can already imagine the crowds on that day! But I don't really care, I love it sooo much! (As well as many many many other individuals). Anyway, again, you are very welcome! http://talkdisney.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

BTW, I too went to Disneyland Park when they were filming! I went on Earth Day and recieved a very special free Disney Earth Day 2005 pin! It's great and surely a collector!
    Last edited by HmDonald90; 04-29-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    HmDonald90

Mickey Disneyland tomorrow!

I am going to Disneyland tomorrow Monday May 2! I am excited to go again and take more pictures of the 50th Mickies, they are really cool. I also want to pick up some more of the 50 items for sale. I still wish there were a way to go on May 4, I will just have to go on the 5th (along with everyone else in California, I bet it will be really crowded). I wonder if they are selling the May 4th tickets on Ebay? I am sure someone is and for a lot of money too. I will go and check it out now.
    -- Big Al, the man!

I wonder if they are selling the May 4th tickets on Ebay? I am sure someone is and for a lot of money too. I will go and check it out now.
    Actually, someone is selling the tickets on Ebay. And for $300.00 a piece too!
    HmDonald90

I'm jealous of ANYONE getting to go to DLR on a regular basis!!! This past Jan my ship moved from San Diego up to Washington and now I have to actually plan and save up for my Disney trips!! I won't be able to go until Oct.....of course the upside that to that is that I will be there for my birthday! It's going to be my birthday/getting-out-of-the-navy present to myself!! Ya'll have fun and make sure you write trip reports!!