My Tip for Disney with Small Children

My Tip for Disney with Small Children

The tips I learned from going last November when my DD was 6 months were:

Put a bright luggage tag on their stroller- in a sea of strollers this helps you to find yours quickly

Carry a backpack instead of a diaper bag- this way you can carry it on rides and have all the "must haves" on hand at all times

In your backpack have seperate clear bags for:
    diapers and wipes (handy for not having to carry the whole bag into the bathroom)
    Snacks
    Food (formula, baby food and water)
    Bottles and spoons
    first aid (bandaids, orajel, etc)
    This way everything you need is right there when you need it and you don't have to fish for it.

Take advantage of the Rider Swap, after all it is your vacation too

Prefilled bottles are great when your baby decides to eat NOW

Anyone else have any great tips?
    Jill
    DH Chuck and Baby Caroline

Next trip to Disney 11/26/05 - 12/03/05
    Baby Caroline's 2nd trip

The only thing i would add is instead of stopping in at a rest room to make a change, take a few mins to head over to a Baby Center at any of the parks to change your baby. It's a great time to take a break and cool off. With the indoor facilities you'll have everything you need and then some.
    Mike

for posting the tips. I agree with WDW 24/7. The Baby Centers are wonderful. I used them when I had a small child. I would also recommend a change of clothes for your little one. I once heard a mom in the restroom being very upset because her child had had an accident and she did not bring extra clothes and was going to have to go back to her hotel for a change.
    Shelly

Thanks for sharing the tips for our members with small children.
    ~°o°~ MouseMan ~°o°~ TD Admin ~°o°~

Palm Beach, FL...just about 2.5 hours South of WDW!
    I've often thought of tieing a white tall kitchen garbage bag around my daughter's waist instead of a diaper. I figure that she could go at least a couple of days before it filled up.

"In every job to be done there is an element of fun. Simply find the fun and *snap*...the job's a game!" -That Poppins woman

Countdown till I wish I was at Disney World ....about 2 seconds

Click here daily to vote for Talk Disney!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

Well that tip isn't going to win you any TD points, that's for sure!

Palm Beach, FL...just about 2.5 hours South of WDW!
    I was gonna empty the bag. I swear I was.

"In every job to be done there is an element of fun. Simply find the fun and *snap*...the job's a game!" -That Poppins woman

Countdown till I wish I was at Disney World ....about 2 seconds

Click here daily to vote for Talk Disney!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

Sure, sure...

My tip: Park your stroller near the exits of attractions and rides, so when you come out, you are ready to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by muchie
    I would also recommend a change of clothes for your little one. I once heard a mom in the restroom being very upset because her child had had an accident and she did not bring extra clothes and was going to have to go back to her hotel for a change.
    Tip from former CM: All stores usually have items for sale 'behind the counter' such as individual diapers and packs of girls & boys underwear. Also, most stores w/clothing will stock some inexpensive [for disney] sweat-pants in kids sizes for these kind of problems.
    "Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move down..."

Hey Guys,

Just to ask one question on the post above in relation to the Rider Swap - how does this work physically? Does everyone queue up and the person waiting to go on stand around at the front of the line or is there an area where you go or a ticket or what??

CQMS13

Hey Guys,

Just to ask one question on the post above in relation to the Rider Swap - how does this work physically? Does everyone queue up and the person waiting to go on stand around at the front of the line or is there an area where you go or a ticket or what??
    One person waits outside of the line with the baby and the rest of the party lines up. They tell the CM at the ride that they are doing a rider swap and they give you a fast pass type ticket good for 3 people. After the first group rides, the person left behind goes back (with other people if you want up to 3) through the Fast Pass line. I hope that helps.
    Jill
    DH Chuck and Baby Caroline

Next trip to Disney 11/26/05 - 12/03/05
    Baby Caroline's 2nd trip

So you just have to tell the CM when boarding that you want to do the baby swap?

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

another tip if you have small children:

I would love to go to the parks with no bags but with children its not possible! We take a lightweight stroller, and 2 bags. One big bag with snacks, drinks, spare clothes, and a small towel for when they play in the splash areas, and we leave this underneath the stroller, even when we are on rides. We also take a very small bag for money, camera, tickets etc, and keep this on us at all times.

How about the stroller? I dont remember (didn't pay much attention to them last trip!) what they look like, let alone if they are lightweight (the ones they have available at Disney, I mean!) we have a stroller, but it is a BIG one, and traveling across two countries carrying it or having it on the plane or luggage just doesnt seem practical. do they rent them at Disney?
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007

“The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney