Disney for Families

Thumbs up Disney for Families

This is a great NEW thread folder for anyone with families to ask questions for their next trips to Disney parks/cruises/etc.

Got kids and other family members you need info for to make your next trip to a Disney Park more pleasurable or exciting?

Need to know just where a certain something is that your tiny ones need to see? Changing stations? Travel tips? Resort info and hotel prices for your large group,etc?

Well...here's a thread just for that and so much more! Enjoy!
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

My family and I are going to Disney World in Dec 2004. We are planning on staying @ All Star Movies. Are there different themes to the Hotel? If so, What are they - I haven't found much info on these Value hotels. I have 3 girls (ages 9, 4 and 2 - will be when we go) - They are interested in MMVMCP too so any info will be greatly appreciated.

What is a preferred room rate????

I also have questions about getting from the airport other than shuttle service. I have heard about Limo service and Towncars. Can you help with this too?????
    Pooh Bear

All right PB I'll comment on what I know and I'm sure others will come along and fill in the blanks (which will be many lol).

There are three All Star Resort right now (a fourth is set to open at the end of this year so four when you go). Each has a different theme and is set accordingly.

The All Star Sports has a sports theme throughout, with hockey and water sports themes mixed in.

The All Star Music deals with different genres of music and the theme revolves around that (although I'm not sure exactly which ones I think rock and jazz are fairly prevalent)

The All Star Movies deals with mostly disney movies throughout the studios existence. I'm pretty sure one of the focuses has a fantasia theme.

The new one is called the All Star Pop Century which deals with trends of the last cenury in pop culture. I have no clue on exact resort themes.

I hope some of this helps oh and having girls the age you do you may want to look into a character breakfast as they're really good maybe in your case they have one at Cinderella's Castle and one at Restaurant Akerhus at Epcot in the Norway pavillion in Epcot that revolve around Disney princesses. I've never flown into Orlando so I can't be much a help with that, but I'm sure someone will be along to pick up the ball on this one.
    Go Noles! Ryan

You are in luck, Poohbear8473, because I happen to be going to the All-Star Movies Resort in mid September. As Shadow Jedi Rhy said previously, each Resort has separate themes.

The All-Star Movies has separate sections, just as the other All-Star Resorts do. At the ASMv there are 101 Dalmations, Mighty Ducks, Fantasia, Love Bug, and Toy Story themes. The surrounding areas (pools, restaurants, ect.) fit accordingly to these themes.

The All-Start Sports has separate themes, which include "Hoops Hotel, Surf's Up, Center Court, and Home Run Hotel." The most noticable feature of the All-Star Sports is the courtyard with huge football helmets and Xs and Os to represent players on the drawing board.

The All-Star Music has sections which include the Jazz Inn, Country Inn, Rock Inn, Calypso, and Broadway Hotel. The pool is shaped as a piano, which looks very interesting from the pictures I have seen of it.

The All-Star Pop Century (still under construction), will have buildings dedicated to specific eras in American history. The ASpc is also taking reservations as of now. Here is the exact information I found from .net...

What will some of the exact themes be?

The 1950s will feature icons of Lady and the Tramp and Giant Jukeboxes while the stairwells (similar to All Stars) will feature Brunswick Bowling Pins!

The 1960s will features icons of the Jungle Book characters Mowgli and Baloo and Play-Doh while the stairwells will feature Duncan Yoyos!

The 1970s will feature icons of a Big Wheel and a Mickey Mouse phone while the stairwells will feature 8-track tapes.

The 1980s will feature icons of Roger Rabbit and the Sony Walkman while the stairwells will feature the Rubik's Cube.

The 1990s will feature Laptop computers for the icons and Cellular Phones for the stairwells.

As for shuttle and limo service, I found information previously. I will submit it as soon as I can!

Brendan
    Last edited by BDANtheman29; 08-11-2003 at 12:19 AM.

Walt Disney World
    Expedition: EVEREST (Early 2006)
    Disneyland
    Finding Nemo Subs (2008)
    Mark VII Monorails (2007)

Okay, I found some information that I posted in another thread. Here is the information as follows for car services from MCO to WDW...

After looking at a few websites, I found an Orlando listing of transportation. For busses, motor coaches, and shuttles, click here . For limousines, vans, and town cars, click here . Hopefully you will find these listings helpful!

I have heard that it is often cheaper to use limo service if you have more than 4 people in your party. Surprising, isn't it!

Brendan

Walt Disney World
    Disneyland
    Finding Nemo Subs (2008)

Thanks to all for the information. It has been very helpful.
    Pooh Bear

Poohbear8473 said:Thanks to all for the information. It has been very helpful.
    Anytime, Poohbear8473! That's what we're here for at Talk Disney!

Brendan
    Last edited by BDANtheman29; 11-06-2003 at 04:33 PM.

Walt Disney World
    Disneyland
    Finding Nemo Subs (2008)

hi poohbear well when we went to disney, i had a private town car pick us up at the airport. he was waiting for us in baggage, got our bags for us and had us wait right in front while he went and got the towncar. all went very nicely. just the driver and us. no crowds, noone else in the car with us. very comfortable. he only charged us 35.00 dollars one way which our hotel was about 23 miles from the airport. soo that was not bad at all. the co. i used was diamond cab co. out of downtown orlando. i cannot find his card that he gave me ...but you can log onto orlandoinfo.com, or floridainfo.com then click on transportation. i think a list comes up and diamond cab co. is in that list. ok let me know how you make out.
    [countdown=11:15AM EST;Off to Walt Disney World;BLUE]

BDANtheman29 said: Okay, I found some information that I posted in another thread. Here is the information as follows for car services from MCO to WDW...

After looking at a few websites, I found an Orlando listing of transportation. For busses, motor coaches, and shuttles, click here . For limousines, vans, and town cars, click here . Hopefully you will find these listings helpful!

I have heard that it is often cheaper to use limo service if you have more than 4 people in your party. Surprising, isn't it!

Brendan

Just Fyi if you plan on taking a shuttle service to wdw from MCO, the only one on that link that will charge you for 1 person is mears and they are one of the few bus companies I trust down here when it comes to safe driving and mechanical condition of the bus.

as far as towncars wow thats another story there are several good town car companies down here and there are so many that are out there to rip you off. before getiing in any town car I recomend checking the info the driver has. ie... number in your party, ask him the name of his company without saying it for example don't say are you from Flordia tours, becuase if the guy wants to rip you off you just gave him the answer. also I would confirm the days and times to make sure this is the right towncar, event if you are dealing with a reputable company, they may try to keep everything on the up and up but a driver seeking buisness can read the sign he has for you and write it on his sign hoping you come his way charge you the fare for a roundtrip and leave you hanging on your return trip. you call the company you thought was coming to pick you up and they say you were a no show. so be careful about town cars a reputable town car driver will have the answers to these questions. I'll never forget one trip to wisconsin, I was on my way for a confrence for work and got to the hotel after a car service brought me there and was talking to another co worker and he told me he got to the airport and saw a sign that said vyshoki his last name he thought with a last name like that he was pretty safe must be his car. opps nope he realized it was taking to long and asked the driver where they were going and the driver told him "anytown" he says now I'm going to green bay. turns out it was the same car service that had the other ride so his driver picked up the guy waiting at the airport and all was ok. but just be careful.