Any Ideas?

Thread: Any Ideas?

Any Ideas?

I was hoping that some of you might be able to give me some help. I am making a scrapbook for the 50th Anniversary of DL and of my cousin's first time there. It's a big scrapbook, 30 12x12 pages! And I'm making one for her, for her 5th birthday. I have a tone of pages and stickers and stuff, I just need help with ideas of how to orgainze the pages.

I was there for 5 days, and my cousins were there for 3, 2 of the days spent with us. I have yet to get the pictures from her family that they took there.

For mine, I went to Morro Bay on the way there to visit another cousin and we stayed for a few days and I was thinking of putting that in there to add a few pages.

For my cousin's, there are 24 8x8 pages. One of the days that they didn't spend with us, they went to Universal Studios, and I was wondering if you think it might be a good idea to put it in hers. So I think I'll be fine with her's, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Personally, I'm not very good at the cronological thing. When you get the pictures, I'd start by breaking them up into groups that you find similar - Tomorrowland, water fun, first reactions, etc. Then kind of go from there. There's lots of great layout ideas that you can scrap-lift from on http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ and lots of other sites. Just change the embelishments to disney ones!

Did she meet a lot of characters? I have never been to DL so I'm not sure how many are there.

You could make her book of her meetings with the characters or of special moments with her. You don't have to include every picture from the trip (although I try to), just make it a special book of the two of you.
    LMM

Unfortunatley No, She only met Micky after going through his house.

[QUOTE=Cathgrl83]I was hoping that some of you might be able to give me some help. I am making a scrapbook for the 50th Anniversary of DL and of my cousin's first time there. It's a big scrapbook, 30 12x12 pages! And I'm making one for her, for her 5th birthday. I have a tone of pages and stickers and stuff, I just need help with ideas of how to orgainze the pages.

I was there for 5 days, and my cousins were there for 3, 2 of the days spent with us. I have yet to get the pictures from her family that they took there.

For mine, I went to Morro Bay on the way there to visit another cousin and we stayed for a few days and I was thinking of putting that in there to add a few pages.

For my cousin's, there are 24 8x8 pages. One of the days that they didn't spend with us, they went to Universal Studios, and I was wondering if you think it might be a good idea to put it in hers. So I think I'll be fine with her's, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them

Hi - I usually go to the scrapbooking sites & view "gallery" - this will give you several examples of how other people have put together Disney pages. I, too, have a DW scrapbook to do for my son.

Good luck!

Yikes, you are way more advanced & organized than I - I was going to say, I organized my stuff by parks and then by day - ie: , day 1 was MK, day 2 was Epcot, day 3 was MGM, day 4 was AK + MK again... so each day is reflected on a different series of pages; pics, squashed coins, napkins, menus, maps, a fastpass I didn't use (horrors!). I also combined my days at Universal and Sea World in my Disney book, as they each comprised a different day (SW=1 day, IOA=1 day, US=1 day), with largely the same kind of stuff; pix, napkins, maps etc.. I love looking at it and so do my kids.

Good luck!

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

Re: Any Ideas?

Thank you all for your advice. I finished it quite a while ago but haven't had the chance to get it to her. I scanned in pictures of it into the computer and I'll make a page on my website so you can see it. I'll post a link when it's done.