Pets and Kennel Information for WDW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St Cloud, FL
    Posts
    3,448

    Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    KENNELS Locations:

    +TTC- (407)824-6568 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Epcot- (407)560-6229 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing. Dog walking service is available for $2.50 per walk.
    +Disney-MGM Studios- (407)560-4282 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park- (407)938-2100 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground- (407)824-2735 7:30am-8:00pm
    +All Kennels offer overnight boarding for our Guests' pets.

    Costs:
    *$ 6 per pet per day
    *$11 per pet overnight (for DAY guests at ALL kennels)
    *$ 9 per pet overnight (for RESORT guests at ALL kennels)
    *The Epcot kennel offers a dog walking service for $2.50 per walk.

    Kennel Sizes:

    -Small pet kennel--25.5" x 20" x 23.3"
    -Medium pet kennel--34" x 34" x 34"
    -Large pet kennel--55" x 45" x 36"
    -Outside kennels (available on request)-- large kennels, sizes vary slightly

    Service
    :
    -Boarding of guests' pets.
    -Feeding is available, but guests are advised to walk and exercise their own pets.
    -No veterinary services are offered. Guests will be referred to an Orlando animal clinic if problems arise.

    Requirements:
    -Walt Disney World is a member of the "American Boarding Kennel Association"
    -Dogs must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
    *Rabies
    *D.H.P.(Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza)
    *Parvovirus
    *Bordetella
    -Cats must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
    *Rabies
    *Panleukopenia
    *Rhinotracheitis
    *Calcivirus
    -All guests are required to walk their dog at least once in the morning and once in the evening (twice a day). Dogs less than 1 year of age (puppies) are required to be walked 3 times a day. The Epcot kennel offers a dog walking service for $2.50 per walk.
    -All dogs and cats have to be a minimum of 8 weeks old to be kenneled.
    -No native wildlife or exotic species are allowed in kennels.

    Pet Sites:
    -Camping with pets is welcome in select Full Hook-up campsites at an additional charge, based upon availability at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
    -Restrictions apply and pets are not permitted in Wilderness Cabins or campsites not within designated pet loops.
    -Guests should request a pet site when booking reservations.
    -The charge is $5.00 per day, per site (not per pet).
    -Pets must meet vaccination requirements (same as the kennel requirements)
    -Fort Wilderness guests may also leave their pets at the Kennel during the day for $6.00.
    Last edited by SnoWhite; 10-08-2005 at 01:20 PM.
    *Jillian*
    Yes, I am a Cast Member!
    Click here to become a Premium Member!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    81
    Has anyone actually used the kennels at WDW? I was wondering what it was like....and also, I see that the pets need to be vaccinated, which makes perfect sense, but do they also need to be fixed? I only ask because there are some dog parks I've heard of that will only allow fixed dogs to play in them.


    Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    St Cloud, FL
    Posts
    3,448
    I don't believe they need to be fixed to stay.
    *Jillian*
    Yes, I am a Cast Member!
    Click here to become a Premium Member!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    81
    Awesome. We're thinking about using the kennel when we get married, because everyone who we would normally leave the dog with will be with us LOL.


    Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoWhite
    KENNELS Locations:

    +TTC- (407)824-6568 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Epcot- (407)560-6229 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing. Dog walking service is available for $2.50 per walk.
    +Disney-MGM Studios- (407)560-4282 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park- (407)938-2100 open from 1 hour prior to park opening to one hour after park closing.
    +Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground- (407)824-2735 7:30am-8:00pm
    +All Kennels offer overnight boarding for our Guests' pets.

    Costs:
    *$ 6 per pet per day
    *$11 per pet overnight (for DAY guests at ALL kennels)
    *$ 9 per pet overnight (for RESORT guests at ALL kennels)
    *The Epcot kennel offers a dog walking service for $2.50 per walk.

    Kennel Sizes:
    -Small pet kennel--25.5" x 20" x 23.3"
    -Medium pet kennel--34" x 34" x 34"
    -Large pet kennel--55" x 45" x 36"
    -Outside kennels (available on request)-- large kennels, sizes vary slightly

    Service:
    -Boarding of guests' pets.
    -Feeding is available, but guests are advised to walk and exercise their own pets.
    -No veterinary services are offered. Guests will be referred to an Orlando animal clinic if problems arise.

    Requirements:
    -Walt Disney World is a member of the "American Boarding Kennel Association"
    -Dogs must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
    *Rabies
    *D.H.P.(Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza)
    *Parvovirus
    *Bordetella
    -Cats must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
    *Rabies
    *Panleukopenia
    *Rhinotracheitis
    *Calcivirus
    -All guests are required to walk their dog at least once in the morning and once in the evening (twice a day). Dogs less than 1 year of age (puppies) are required to be walked 3 times a day. The Epcot kennel offers a dog walking service for $2.50 per walk.
    -All dogs and cats have to be a minimum of 8 weeks old to be kenneled.
    -No native wildlife or exotic species are allowed in kennels.

    Pet Sites:
    -Camping with pets is welcome in select Full Hook-up campsites at an additional charge, based upon availability at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
    -Restrictions apply and pets are not permitted in Wilderness Cabins or campsites not within designated pet loops.
    -Guests should request a pet site when booking reservations.
    -The charge is $5.00 per day, per site (not per pet).
    -Pets must meet vaccination requirements (same as the kennel requirements)
    -Fort Wilderness guests may also leave their pets at the Kennel during the day for $6.00.
    last time I went no one would take my ferret,
    ferret fawset majors. so I had to stash her in my backpack.
    thank god I didn't bring the GF's brown bat.
    Fr Corey†

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by drcorey
    last time I went no one would take my ferret,
    ferret fawset majors. so I had to stash her in my backpack.
    thank god I didn't bring the GF's brown bat.
    Ferret Fawset Majors is an awesome name LOL!


    Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by sillygurl
    Ferret Fawset Majors is an awesome name LOL!
    the GF's bat's named Bat Masterson...
    I wanted her to name him, Bat King Cole.
    Fr Corey†

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by drcorey
    the GF's bat's named Bat Masterson...
    I wanted her to name him, Bat King Cole.
    LOL they're both great, but I think I'd lean toward Bat King Cole too.


    Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Just Between Both Disney Parks!!
    Posts
    865
    Would my dog have as much fun at WDW as me!! Will she get to dress up like a princess? I think that she would prefer just to stay with her granny and papaw for the week!
    Looking for the luck of the Irish -Kel

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    4,168
    Can you reserve a space at the kennels if you are going to stay in one of the resorts?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Soddy-Daisy, TN
    Posts
    103

    Re: Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    Can I put my dog in one kennel in the morning, come back at lunch time and move her to another kennel closer to whatever park I'll be at that afternoon and not pay twice for her? I'm trying to figure out what's going to be best on saving time and if I have to go all the way back to another park in the afternoon to walk her I'm not saving time.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    271

    Re: Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    Last year we left our two dogs with my mother in law. Turns out she got sick the same day we left and was in the hospital for a week. That was a not-very-nice situation, since there was no one "in charge" of our babies. Needless to say, I paid around $100 extra in roaming charges because I kept calling other people everyday to ensure someone could go feed them.

    For this time, since now we have 3 dogs (small but it's still three), I'll leave one with his Granny (since he's more use to her than the other two), and hope this time she doesn't get sick. The other two will be at the vet. He's a friend of the family and has always been our pets' doctor.

    I thought about taking one with us, since we'll be off-site and the hotel allows pets, but that would be $10 per day plus the kennels @ Disney $6 plus the airline expenses (if there are, haven't checked). The vet charges me $10 per day.
    Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2006
    Quality Inn Int'l Drive November 2007
    Third year in a row November 2008
    Baby's first visit November 2011

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pewaukee WI.
    Posts
    17,845

    Re: Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by 34Angels
    Can I put my dog in one kennel in the morning, come back at lunch time and move her to another kennel closer to whatever park I'll be at that afternoon and not pay twice for her? I'm trying to figure out what's going to be best on saving time and if I have to go all the way back to another park in the afternoon to walk her I'm not saving time.
    I am not sure of the policy, but I did see that it is recommended to drop off pets before 9AM because the kennels fill fast. That could mean that it might be hard to find space for moving your pet.
    I do have a thought. When you are done at the park, you can check on your pet and ask them if there is room at the other park. They might make the call for you. I know that no reservations are allowed but you might have an idea if there is room.
    Also remember that the kennel closes one hour after the park you are at closes. This can make a difference if you start at AK and move to another park that stays open later.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey crazy
    I am not sure of the policy, but I did see that it is recommended to drop off pets before 9AM because the kennels fill fast. That could mean that it might be hard to find space for moving your pet.
    I do have a thought. When you are done at the park, you can check on your pet and ask them if there is room at the other park. They might make the call for you. I know that no reservations are allowed but you might have an idea if there is room.
    Also remember that the kennel closes one hour after the park you are at closes. This can make a difference if you start at AK and move to another park that stays open later.
    they wouldn't let me board my ferret there, and they insulted him and said, no rats. had to leave him in his carrier in the room.
    Fr Corey†

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    3 Hours South of WDW
    Posts
    130

    Re: Pets and Kennel Information for WDW

    The kennels are very nice, I think Epcot is the nicest, actually you can switch the kennels if you are going to park hop also.
    Ashley, Mom to Dominic (Baby) and
    Ricky (Pug).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pets and Kennel Information for DLR
    By SnoWhite in forum Traveling With Pets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 01:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP