2 year old limits

2 year old limits

Hello,

Is there a website or place on disney.com that lets you know what rides are allowable for a 2 year old. He is an average size kid. We certainly do not want to take him on anything that would be dangerous for his age and size, but are trying to plan which attractions he would be allowed to participate in.

Thanks!

Going to Port Orleans Riverside in 4 days!

Quote Originally Posted by resortnewbie
    Hello,

Is there a website or place on disney.com that lets you know what rides are allowable for a 2 year old. He is an average size kid. We certainly do not want to take him on anything that would be dangerous for his age and size, but are trying to plan which attractions he would be allowed to participate in.

Thanks!

Going to Port Orleans Riverside in 4 days!
    Hello welcome to Talk Disney !
    Have you tried the official Disney site ?
    When you get there click on attractions . Each ride is given a category for kids .
    If guests need to be a certain height , a height will be given .
    Have fun , Riverside is a great place to stay !
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Hi there,

We are going in a few days w/ a 4 year old and a 19 month old. (The 19 month old is wearing 3T by the way, and the 4 year old is wearing a 5-6 at 43" tall. They're huge.)

It seems most rides have a height restriction and so that would be your best bet for a guideline. The guide books - Passporter, Birnbaums - also list height restrictions for rides which I have found helpful.

The rides in Fantasyland (Dumbo, Goofy's Barnstormer, the Carrousel, Teacups etc.) are probably quite good for that age! Also Aladdin's Magic Carpets, the Jungle Cruise, The WDW Railroad... that's just MK, each park has something! Good luck.

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

I think that it will be obvious which would be suitable and which not. We took our kids when our youngest wasn't quite 2. Trust me, It's a Small World or Splash Mountain, there was no debate.
    March 1982 Yogi Bear Campsite / December 1991 Days Inn Buena Vista / April 1999 All Star Music / July 2002 Carribbean Beach Resort / May 2005 All Star Movies
    Still to come-June 2008 Royal Pacific Resort (Universal) and All-Star Music
    For all dates in between Talk Disney

Congratulations on your trip !! Dont be too worried about choosing rides for your 2 yr old ... you'll be able to tell once you see the rides and the requirements for each. Fortunately in MK, there are LOTS of great rides for the little ones. Fantasyland is wonderful for them. The obvious rides that you want to avoid will be well marked with warnings and restrictions. My 5 yr old was very upset because she was so short and couldnt get on certain rides, like Splash Mountain. But they were very clear on the requirements. You're little one is going to have a great time.
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

Wow. What a great website. Thanks for all the information! I hopefully will be able to return the favor to other forum members when I return. Thanks again!

Welcome to TD resortnewbie. We have the Birnbaum guides and they list restrictions for all the rides. We also get info at the Disneyworld website.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

A question - - do they have a Measurement Device (yardstick thing?) AT the attractions? because while the 4 year old measured 43.5" at the doctors, I wonder what he'll measure elsewhere. I don't want to put him on a ride thinking he's all set if he's not!

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

They have a stick thingy shaped like a "7" and they put it on the top of the childs head, if thier head doesnt touch, they dont go on. My daughter was so upset with that stick !! She wanted to get on Splash Mountain sooo bad, but she just didnt reach. I told her the next year we would buy her high heels .. but of course by then she had grown up enough to pass the stick thing all together, I love reminding her of this story now that she's 17. Boy they grow up fast !!

Michelle

heheh! just came back in Nov. from our honeymoon and am already planning to go in maybe five years... now I have to plan for kids, for I am three months pregnant, so at least my kid will be about four years old (that is, if we dont have a toddler and a baby along by that time! hehehehe!) so I am checking out tips and stuff to plan correctly. What would you say is the youngest a kid should be so he/she can enjoy Disney?
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

Congratulations !! Kids are so much fun !!

I took the twins when they were 10 months old and they loved it ... it was so easy with them in a stroller and they napped whenever they wanted. They were amazed by everything and since they couldnt walk yet, i didnt have to worry about chasing them.

I just left my 20 month olds home this trip ... I wasnt up to running around and worrying about them this time around. I think its alot up to the child too. Some kids are more tolerable than others. I hope by X-Mas they are more reasonable to deal with, so we can all have a great time !!

Good luck !!

Michelle

thanx... I HAVE travelled (once) with my three year old cousin (she's 18 now) and she was IMPOSSIBLE! I just wanted to know if it was just her or if it would be too tiresome for a young kid
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

I think it really depends on you and your child/ren. My son was 6 months old his 1st time and he was old enough to enjoy the surroundings. When he was almost 2 was my favorite because he never wanted to stop he loved everything! Now when we took him and his sister when she was 2 and he was 5 she wasn't as easy going and he still loved it. When she was almost 4 and he was 6 we went and they both loved it. She still is more hesitant than he is with characters and some rides but by the 2nd day she warms up. My hint is to just go with the frame of mind that this trip is for all of you and be prepared to go at their pace and take breaks when they need them. You will have a magical time!
    Holly

If you can Dream it, You can Do it!

2 y/o

We just went with our 2 year old and our 5 year old. There were a few things that the 2 y/o could not do that he really wanted to do (space mountain) but for the most part the height requirements worked out great. We did not feel that either one of our boys were limited in any way.

Make sure to take the 2yo on goofy's barnstormer. My youngest screamed like a pig but laughed his way right back into the line for another ride. Really, if your child is over 33" you should be fine. MAKE SURE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SWITCHOUT POLICY. You wait inline and your spouce waits at the exit. You get off and go get the child and she gets on the ride with no line. We also found the fast passes very helpful. My 5yo loved it b/c he would ride once with dad and then get right back on with mom.

As a kid - 15 or so visits to WDW
    1998 - Off grounds - Newlyweds.
    2006 - MOVIES - First time as Parents - DiveQuest - DS 2 DS 6
    2008 - POP - Pirate and Princess Party
    2010 - PORFQ - Mardi Gras
    2010 - MNSSHP - Attempted Shuttle Viewing - DTD Hotel
    2012 - POP - Divequest of DS 12yo - First time for Mother in 20 years.