Scrapbooking store in DTD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scrapbooking store in DTD

I just got some more scrapbooking stuff from the scrapbooking store at Down Town Disney. One thing I got there was confeti. How do you use that w/scrapbooking. Does it make your page look like junk? I thought I would try it.
    Last edited by DsnyLBV; 12-31-2005 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Missing a word

Thats a good one. I will give you my suggestions on that. You COULD simply add them one by one to the page with a little glue stick. However, I think it would be cooler to "make a window" and add the confeti so that it moves around inside. One more suggestion, less mess one anyway. Spray adhesive on a page, sprinkle the confeti all around and then press (straightly) cling wrap onto the page. This keeps other things from sticking to the non-confeti areas. Then you can add your photos and other embellishment to the page on top.
    Just a few suggestions. Happy scrapbooking. Let us know how it comes out.
    If you give the world something positive to believe in, they will embrace it!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

Confetti

Thanks for the suggestion I will let you know how it turns out as soon as I get some spray glue

My scrapbook page

Hey Disney fans,
    Just thought I would show you my finished product. Let me know what you all think of it. I'm still a little new to this whole scrapbook thing. I'm not very good at it, but I think it came out better then my other pages. Here is the link http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../goofypage.jpg Instead of making anohter post, I though I would add another picture which is a close up of the goofy piture w/the glitter around it. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...rl/Glitter.jpg
    Last edited by DsnyLBV; 12-31-2005 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I wanted to add another picture

Looks great !!!!

Thanks for sharing
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Way to GO!!! That is great. Keep up the good work.
    If you give the world something positive to believe in, they will embrace it!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

I've been scrapbooking for 9 years. I was so excited to visit the Disney Scrapbook Store at the Marketplace, but it sounds (from others threads here) like it's very disappointing. What did you think?? Thanks.
    Robin G

Wilderness Lodge 2/06
    Polynesian 1/01
    Boardwalk Villas 7/97

lol I told my husband there was a scrapbooking store in DTD and he just rolled his eyes and told me he'd better pack an extra suitcase... smart aleck!
    Coronado Springs Resort - May 2000
    All Star Movies - May 2006

Scrapbook DTD

Quote Originally Posted by Robin G
    I've been scrapbooking for 9 years. I was so excited to visit the Disney Scrapbook Store at the Marketplace, but it sounds (from others threads here) like it's very disappointing. What did you think?? Thanks.
    Hi,
    I don't mean to be rude, but I'm a little confused Did you say that you visited the scrapbook store in the Marketplace? If you did, then did you find it disappointing? I did They only have one tiny little section where they have albums you can buy. They have paper for your backgrounds but it's not that much. They have other things to decorate your page. I don't care for it my self. They have there big sign out front to make you think it's a whole scrapbook store, when really it's divided into sections of different things. I think they should put more out. That's how I feel about it.

I don't think she has been yet. But from your discription, it doesn't sound that exciting. Do they carry anything different that you can't find in any hobby store or scrapbook store?

Sorry for the confusion. No, I haven't been there yet. We're going next month, but I was really looking forward to it. Bummer!
    Robin G

Wilderness Lodge 2/06
    Polynesian 1/01
    Boardwalk Villas 7/97

Reply about anything different that you can't find in any hobby store or scrapbook st

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessesMommy
    I don't think she has been yet. But from your discription, it doesn't sound that exciting. Do they carry anything different that you can't find in any hobby store or scrapbook store?
    One thing that I haven't seen in a scrapbook store that I did at DTD Mrkpl is these waxy circular things, I think they're called seals. Anyway, I don't think I've seen them in any store but in DTD. Also I just got these old fashioned Disney stickers and frames, they kind of look like 50's style which is neat. Still it's a small little nook.

Well, even if it isn't on a grand scale like the rest of Disney, for a scrapbooker it's a must see anyway

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessesMommy
    Well, even if it isn't on a grand scale like the rest of Disney, for a scrapbooker it's a must see anyway
    Definetly -- I'll still mosey on in, I just won't have the grand expectations. Thanks for the talk!

Robin
    Robin G

Wilderness Lodge 2/06
    Polynesian 1/01
    Boardwalk Villas 7/97

I also still go there knowing that the have a small selection because I might come upon something I could for my album.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast