"Free" stuff at Disney World - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "Free" stuff at Disney World

on the towel animals when we went in december there was one on my parents bed
    i just wanted to point this out while at work one day i was ringing up this ladies purchace which included ramdom things like tiaras and wands just little toys and we got to talking about disney thats when she informed me that she buys these toys and souviner type things and hand them out to the kids in the parks when she can see that a family is struggling cause their little one want the most expensive thing in the store. i dont know if she is allowed to do this but i thought it is a great thing she is doing and i want to encourage others.
    now things that we managed to get free. we had one of the family suites at all star music and in the room were paper plates, bowls, and plastic cups so mom kept them. this is more for scrapbooking but my mom and i saved some of the napkins and the places we ate and somehow we saved some of our fast pass tickets we also got stickers and buttons from the various vacation club info booths set up
    July 2000 All Star Movies
    December 2007 All Star Music
    September 2009 Pop Century
    June 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

We got something that was free that we thought probably doesn't happen often. My husband and I stopped to get a Coke a one of the places that sold bottles at MK. Neither one of the kiosks there would take either one of our room keys to pay for the Coke. So they gave it to us for free.

Fun and Free.
    Shake hands with a charactor. they will do it if they are not in a hurry. hands, fins, paws and claws...
    err, watch out for Gepetto, he has a hard grip.
    Fr Corey†

The best thing we received in Dec 07 was Champaign Flutes from the Fairy Godmother. We had ADR's for CRT dinner, we were celebrating our 35th anni, the Fairy Godmother had been teasing my hubby, then she asked about celebrations and of course we raised out hands. After she was done our server brought out this box with two Champaign Flutes, he told us they were from the Fairy Godmother.

Of all the things I have from Disney they are my most treasured souvenier and best of all they were FREE!

One thing I do for others, we all know how we get the free soap and shampoo when staying in a Disney resort, well as soon as I get back to the room, I sweep them into my suitcase (every day), then when I get home I have a free souvenier to give to others. I think that is a great freebie. I recently gave some to our associate pastor, they leave in one week, I just thought a taste of Disney for his kids before they go would be a nice thing for them, they are so excited.
    Last edited by Dismom; 05-29-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

LOL I do the same thing with the soaps and shampoos...it is great to give this little thing to someone going to WDW with children...

I know it is not free, but when I go and if I know someone is going...I buy some candy or cookies and take home and give to others ready to go...most of them are under $3.00 and I take some of them home too in case I need a quick thank you for someone....they like getting TAFFY with Goofy's on the package! LOL
    quinsippi5
    1983 first trip, 1987, 1994, 2001 (with our kids BAND--MK) 2002 (son in CP) 2003 (daughter in CP-3 trips to FL) 2004 (family trip) 2005 (watch our HS band march in MK again!) 2006 (12 of us went--fun fun fun) FW...cabins, 2009 (3 trips) POP, CBR, 2010 POP

This is not free either, but on our last visit we were just so busy we rarely used our snack credit from our DDP. So on the last day we went into the gift shop to see what we could find to spend the credits on. I got the Mickey Ears Chocolate Coin pkg, we were able to get one for each member of my sons soccer team with a few left over for Christmas stockings that following Christmas.

Like I said, not exactly free, well again yes they were as the DDP was free for that visit. Boy, I really did good! Anyway, the kids really liked them and all I had to do was put them in the cooler for the trip home and freeze what I did not give out to the team so the chocolate was fresh a couple months later for the Christmas stockings.
    Last edited by Dismom; 06-06-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

Has anyone gotten their free Disney I'm celebrating buttons at their resort hotel...how about the All-Star resorts? Or do I have to go into Animal Kingdom Guest Services and get mine on the first day? Thanks!
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Britt
    Has anyone gotten their free Disney I'm celebrating buttons at their resort hotel...how about the All-Star resorts? Or do I have to go into Animal Kingdom Guest Services and get mine on the first day? Thanks!
    We went in January last year. My son turned 4 while there. I had included his birthday celebration in our reservation notes and at check-in they had a Birthday button waiting for him with our room keys.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh

We went in January last year. My son turned 4 while there. I had included his birthday celebration in our reservation notes and at check-in they had a Birthday button waiting for him with our room keys.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Yes as long as you call and tell them what you are celebrating they will have the buttons waiting for you at your hotel.
    If you have never worn them before- be careful what you decide to put the button on. I ruined a sundress after having the pin in it all day! Plus sometimes the marker rubs off on your clothes. I like to put the button on my purse or bag strap now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12