That feeling you can't explain... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto Colvig
    It's like that Disney commercial that's been running lately where the kid who's about to go to WDW says: "I'm too excited to sleep". That's me every time I go The World.

Along with what others have said, those who frequent this site know about that feeling. It's what leads us here to talk and talk and talk about WDW. To my friends and family who think it is odd for me to be so addicted to it all, I say: "It's a Disney thing; you wouldn't understand."
    I need to start using that line!
    "When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we're all connected in the great Circle of Life." -Mufasa
    -Jackie-

And it's sooo very true, some poor unfortunate souls out there just truly "don't get it."
    I can't even begin to describe what they are missing.
    My oh My what a wonderful day!

Cinderelly,
    No, it is not weird question to ask at all. I was telling my cousin Laurie yesterday about the great weird hard to explain feeling I got when I went to Walt Disney World for the first time. I wish there was a way we all could get that feeling when we are having a bad day. It's such a magical feeling that cannot be explained. You will only understand it if you have been to a Disney park. I just love that feeling.

Re: That feeling you can't explain...

I love that feeling! i always feel so happy and excited when i walk down mainstreet. Its like Disney Magic!!!
    And when i leave Disneyland i always want to cry becuase its so sad.
    Last edited by MickeyMouse123; 08-16-2006 at 06:05 PM.
    Im baacck!!

Merry Christmas

Add me to the list of people who get that feeling. I define it as Euforic... I know I didn't spell that right....

To those who know, no explanation is needed; to those who don't know, no explanation is possible.
    Happy Squeezy Hugs-N-Stuff,
    KTboo
    I'd Rather Be At Walt Disney World!
    *Dreaming of being a Cast Member*

I got a weird feeling when I go into a Disney park, a favorite ride and I even get it when I am circling the parks.
    It is inexplainable, but the worst one occured when I got out of Stitch's Great Escape, my favorite ride. I felt so weird...like a few flashbacks and my heart was beating and burning.
    I keep dreaming about Stitch too...weird huh.

I like starting the trip at Epcot. There's just something about walking into Future World and hearing that music that feels so good. I think it's because it's less hectic than MK, so it's a great way to start off.

What drives me crazy is the part when I have to wait to get through the turnstile on the very first day of my trip.

You're finally there after months of planning and waiting and hours of traveling. You pick the (seemingly) shortest turnstile line. Finally, you're one person away from the turnstile...but then that person starts having a problem with the fingerprint reader (why does it always happen this way?!).

By this time, you're about to burst with excitement because you want to get inside SOOOOOOO badly. Your toe is tapping, your fingers twitching, and inside your head you're thinking, "Come ON!!" (but you'd never be so rude as to say it out loud, of course. This is Disney, after all).

And then finally that person gets through and it's your turn. You stick your ticket into the slot, put your finger on the scanner, watch your ticket pop out the other side, push through the turnstile...and you're INSIDE THE PARK!!!!! It's really hard not to start skipping at this moment...LOL
    Last edited by Curious Alice; 11-13-2006 at 11:21 AM.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    I like starting the trip at Epcot. There's just something about walking into Future World and hearing that music that feels so good. I think it's because it's less hectic than MK, so it's a great way to start off.

What drives me crazy is the part when I have to wait to get through the turnstile on the very first day of my trip.

You're finally there after months of planning and waiting and hours of traveling. You pick the (seemingly) shortest turnstile line. Finally, you're one person away from the turnstile...but then that person starts having a problem with the fingerprint reader (why does it always happen this way?!).

By this time, you're about to burst with excitement because you want to get inside SOOOOOOO badly. Your toe is tapping, your fingers twitching, and inside your head you're thinking, "Come ON!!" (but you'd never be so rude as to say it out loud, of course. This is Disney, after all).

And then finally that person gets through and it's your turn. You stick your ticket into the slot, put your finger on the scanner, watch your ticket pop out the other side, push through the turnstile...and you're INSIDE THE PARK!!!!! It's really hard not to start skipping at this moment...LOL
    Yup, you're an addict !! But you described the anticipation OH so well !! I like to start my WDW trip with Disney Studios for the same reason .. less hectic !!
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

I think that feeling has already started less than 5 days!

WDW or Bust let's go Now! It just brings out the kid in you.
    "Are you a sleep?" "No! I'm too excited"

I get a little misty eyed when ever I first set foot in any of the parks. I can definatly understand what your feeling. Thank goodness for TD!
    I WDW!!!

Offsite May 2005
    Offsite April 2006
    Pop Century Dec 2006
    Carribean Beach Sept 2007
    All Star Movies April 2008
    Pop Century April 2009

i totally know what you are talking about its a feeling you cant explain, but it is like the best feeling in the world, its like bliss
    July 2000 All Star Movies
    December 2007 All Star Music
    September 2009 Pop Century
    June 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

im an Australian -never even left the country- there4 hav neva been 2 any of the parks. it's my dream tho....

Yep, but i only really get it when i go to the magic kingdom- not the other parks, not sure why seeing main street has that affect on me but the other parks dont. Maybe its because of childhood memories of mainstreet and the fact that it looks the same as i remember? And it just smells so darn good. I still get that same feeling of excitment that i got when i was 10. Looking down mainstreet is just so familiar- its like going back home again.
    "Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever"

How about those feelings when you have to leave? I would get so depressed my last day and try to get on everything one last time. I definately feel that same way about MK and Main Street and seeing the castle at the far end. I also get the same feelings when I am standing in Future World at EPCOT. There is a certain spot on the bridges near the pools that reminds me of my first visit and gives me warm feelings and great memories.

Of course, now I have taken care of that depressed feeling by moving here. Now I can feed the addiction anytime I want.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it!" - Walt Disney

Gawrsh, I'm so jealous!!!

I definitely get that feeling when walking in to MK. I also get that feeling when I listen to Disney music -- particularly "You Can Fly!" from Peter Pan. I guess since Peter Pan's Flight is my favorite ride, that song just puts me right there!

Argh! 68+ days before I'm there! I wanna go NOW!!!
    *g*
    POLYNESIAN 9/2007
    Pop Century 1/2007 ... Animal Kingdom 3/2004
    Caribbean Beach 3/2002, 3/2001, 3/2000
    AS Music 7/1999 ... Polynesian 8/1993
    Offsite 1987, 1986

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast