That feeling you can't explain... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: That feeling you can't explain...

I have always said there are people who get it, and those who never do.
    For me when I walk onto mainstreet it's like all the problems stay outside the gate for when im in the resort problems seen to fade to the background. Last august was my first to stay at the resort I flew into MCO hopped aboard ME bus and it was an amazing feeling it's like sit back and let mouse take care of all the work. We drove under the arch wow what a feeling that is man I want to be there now!! It's a feeling that I wished everybody could feel but not everyone gets it. For me I get it and hope it never goes away.
    Mperry
    12 Hours from WDW via Moter Vehicle.
    1.5 hours Via Southwest Airlines.

On the days coming up to it, it's like that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kinda stuff. Then when you get there, you're never so excited to wait in line to have all your belongings search. You walk onto Main Street and it's like........................................ aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And you never wanna leave!!
    Always let your conscience be your guide!!!
    michelle
    Pop Century~~11/2008
    Caribbean Beach ~~9/2007
    Port Orleans Riverside~~2/2007
    Saratoga Springs~~4/2006
    Outside of Disney~~11/2005

For a long time I thought it's cray to feel like that. Anyone remember the "Calgon take me away" from 80's well it'd "Disney take me away"
    Mperry
    12 Hours from WDW via Moter Vehicle.
    1.5 hours Via Southwest Airlines.

Yep, I know how you all feel. We are still 6 months out and I started and I mean really started packing things, we are talking clothes and such. When I go shopping I look for anything Disney that we can wear, I have put things back because they were not Disney. Every day I do something to get us ready. Last night I told my hubby to get the portable DVD player out so I could pack it, he have me "the Look". I have even made my grocery shopping list already. I have got it bad, really bad and you know, I like it.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

I'm in the same boat. While shopping last weekend, I was looking for things for the trip - clothes, shoes, etc. It's just way too early to be in vacation-mode, but I totally am!
    *g*
    POLYNESIAN 9/2007
    Pop Century 1/2007 ... Animal Kingdom 3/2004
    Caribbean Beach 3/2002, 3/2001, 3/2000
    AS Music 7/1999 ... Polynesian 8/1993
    Offsite 1987, 1986

To be honest, there are some things I can not wait to get, I must get them in the next month or so. I do not want to wait until we get to Florida and then have to do a big shopping trip because I did not have forthought to to get the stuff while it is summer here.

But I am still beside myself with anticipation.

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

We leave in 10 days and I feel like I've swallowed Tinker Bell and Tigger. My stomach will not calm down. It doesnt' help that someone else in the office is leaving two weeks after me and also staying at POP Century.

Some of you have written and are 100% correct when you say there are some people who just don't get it. I think they are called "Muggles".
    "That's what Rufus said, 'Faith makes things turn out right'!"

Heck I am feeling that way waiting to know if the TA got all our ADR,s. I am sure she is waiting to notify until after the Candlelight Processional is set up for us. So that means waiting a few more days. I think that is the final thing, I am hoping if any other priority seating arrangements were not available she would have contacted me by now for a second choice.

Just sitting on Pins and Needles here. My tummy doing flip flops.

I always get that feeling, it's like you feel at home...just better,lol
    I can prove that I get those feelings at Disneyland because when I was little I thought DIsney water was "holy" and I spashed my face with the water when I was on "it's a small world" probably even drank some... cough..
    Will the Nemo ride be fun?

Hahahahaha! mmmm I was too little on my first trip to the Mouse's to remember everything and too old on the second, but I believe that is the sort of thing I might have done! LOL!
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

Our first trip of the vacation to the Magic Kingdom always does it for me.

The feeling starts when we pull into the parking lot.

Running to the tram (or whatever it's called).
    Watching people trying to cram themselves, kids, bags, strollers and enough provisions to last a small army for a year into the row in front of you.
    The tram ride to the TTC (of course keeping arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times).
    The bouncing and knocking of your knees on the hard plastic in front (they really weren't built for tall people!).
    Trying to remember if you've parked in Goofy or Pluto!
    Leaving the tram, through those chain railings and heading up the ramp to the monorail platform.
    The expectant wait until the monorail finally glides in.
    The cool air inside the monorail in contrast to the warm air outside.
    The views of the hotels and castle coming into sight through the monorail's tinted windows whilst the familiar comentary describes them all.
    Slowing down through the Contemporary Resort hearing the chattering voices and watching the character breakfasts going on below.
    The excited "fast-walk" down the ramp out of the monorail station.
    The crowds waiting in the sun for the train to arrive with Mickey and friends (and the family of the day!).
    The opening announcements followed by the surge through the gates.
    Those irritating finger print things that always take 3 attempts to work.
    Gathering up everyone who should be with you once inside the gates.

And then, there it is...

Main Street and Walt Disney World beyond it.

The tinkling music, the popcorn smell, the bright colors of the buildings, the gleaming fire engine, the sun glinting off the mickey-shaped balloons, the toot-toot of the train behind you and the view up the street leading to Cinderella's Castle.

Oh if only.

I'm sat at my office now, gazing out the window wishing that the next 21 days whizz by!

I'm coming Disney - I'm coming!!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I can explain the feeling. It is Disney Magic.

I don't care what anybody says, Disney Magic is real. There is no other feeling like it in the world.

I always thought it was this addictive magical feeling you get because Disney is this completely amazing, magical thing you feel like you've been missing out since you were a little kid... it's pretty weird how it casts this thing over you.
    Love,
    Juliet
    Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Saratoga Springs Villas, Contemporary, Pop Century, Paradise Pier, Dolphin

Por favor
    mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

I'm actually working on an article to submit to a business magazine on this very topic. I believe it all boils down to one thing, which has both nothing and everything to do with what has been mentioned here.
    Disney Buses: March 24, 2007 - December 9, 2007
    Kilimanjaro Safaris: December 10, 2007 - July 6, 2008
    Monorails: July 6, 2008 -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234