Tips please? New first timer to WDW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Tips please? New first timer to WDW

Not sure what to say. He heh Well I need some tips I've already read many different guides on the puter for WDW so some of what you all say might and might not be useful. Even though it may occur that it isn't, I am still very thankful for your help!
    I'm going in Nov (this year) with some relatives, if that narrows it down a little. And thank you so much in advance to your kindness!

Well i would like to welcome you aboard! i Will most definately give you my opinion on anything... sometimes i dont evenneed to be asked...lol just kidding, hope we can be of soem use for you. Ok, so where are you staying, any dinners planned parks going to?
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Well, we have nothing so far. Kinda stinks, I know, but hey, oh well! Anyway all this week we'll be booking the hotel and getting the tickets. The problem is we can't decide if we're going to stay in or outside the parks!

Hey, one other thing... could i have the link for the countdowns on the siggys? Thanks.

Welcome to TD.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Thanks!~ I still need tips though.. please?

Mike
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

I think you may get more offers of tips if you gave out a few more details about what kind of vacation you are trying to plan / asked a few specific questions. What sort of relatives are you travelling with, how old/how many? When approximately are you thinking of going and for how long? How much space do you think you will need for your accomodations. Do you want to visit other attractions or areas of Orlando or Florida or are you only going for Disney World? What is your budget like? How are you travelling there (car/plane)?

We decided to stay outside the parks, after a very long consideration of the options available and the prices and pros and cons. We had a few different reasons for choosing outside, most to do with cost.

Staying outside the park meant we could have more money to do and see more (instead of spending it all on lodging), and we wanted to see some other attractions besides WDW.

We needed more room / some privacy than what the value resorts offer, and could not afford the deluxe or home away from home, or two value rooms - it just wasn't going to work for us (unless we won a lottery)! My oldest son is bigger than I am, and both my children sleep in their own double beds in their own rooms at home, we would not have been comfortable in a cramped little room with only 2 double beds for the four of us.

We felt we would enjoy our vacation more and ultimately end up with more energy for the parks if we had a more comfortable place to rest during down times.

We also were offerred a great deal on a two bedroom condo near WDW from an old friend of ours who is in the resort/timeshare business and who owns a time share which was much much cheaper for two weeks than a one value room was going to cost us for one week (this was just a lucky break for us, we were looking at other cheaper suites in the area-like Days Inn Suites at Old Town, not as nice as what we ended up with at Marriott but much cheaper than on site value rooms).

Staying in a suite with a full kitchen means we can buy groceries, eat in, and are going to save tons of money not having to eat out all the time.

If I had all the money in the world I probably would have rented a suite in one of the Disney Home away from Home resorts - to stay immersed in the Disney magic I keep hearing/reading about but have never been in! Other than the Disney magic thing (I think thats the main perk - and very important to some), I really do not think there are any great perks to staying on site unless they are offering a deal, like free dining pkg or something for onsite guests. I think deals are usually not offerred during peak or holiday times which is when we can go! I have heard the extra magic hours parks should be avoided as they will be too crowded, extra magic hours = extra major crowds! - so this is really not a perk.....and anyone can use Disney transportation, parking is not that expensive (were renting a car).

Anyway, whether we stay on or off site apparently we will have a blast visiting Disney ---that's the word out here!

Good luck and have fun planning!

check out tourguidemike.com and °°°°°°°net.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4tygar
    I really do not think there are any great perks to staying on site unless they are offering a deal, like free dining pkg or something for onsite guests. I think deals are usually not offerred during peak or holiday times which is when we can go! I have heard the extra magic hours parks should be avoided as they will be too crowded, extra magic hours = extra major crowds! - so this is really not a perk.....and anyone can use Disney transportation, parking is not that expensive (were renting a car).
    Good luck and have fun planning!
    this is SO not true.... this is by far the best time to be there. Only people staying in the parks can utilize the time. I have been able to do almost all rides within a 3 hour extra magic hours...
    Mike

extra magic hours

I have to agree. Although we avoided the morning hours we took advantage of the extra magic evening hours at MK and had a ball. We planned ahead for it because we wanted to make it until 2:00 am and we did! we went to AK in the morning and were back for naps by 3:00PM. Everyone took a three hour nap(mom and dad included.) We ate dinner and returned to the park at 10:00pm. We rode everything we wanted more than once. My four year old was thrilled he rode the pooh honey pots and the peter pan ride more times than we could count. We all slept in the next morning and headed to MGM around lunch time. We will definately do it again our next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mberenato
    this is SO not true.... this is by far the best time to be there. Only people staying in the parks can utilize the time. I have been able to do almost all rides within a 3 hour extra magic hours...
    Okay, maybe I was wrong about that, the extra magic hours crowds thing, or maybe it depends when you go, I've never experienced it myself but I was just going by a lot of reviews that I have read from people who have experienced it , some from on this very forum, and also peoples reviews from on a lot of other sites and in some books/guides I have read re: WDW. This was believable and made sense because WDW resorts hold huge amounts of guests and if most of all of those people decide to go to the same park on the same day in order to take advantage of their extra magic hours you would think it would be extra crowded at those parks - it just seemed logical so I believed it, especially now during peak times! But this is getting off topic anyway.

They were having trouble deciding whether to stay on or off site - so I just gave some of the reasons why we decided to stay off site. It was a tough decision but - even if the extra magic hours usually do work out really well (and I did give other reasons for off site) it still just would not have been worth it to us because of all the other factors involved in our decision! Everyone is in a different situation when planning their trip and has their own factors/issues/budgets to consider.

I have read time and time again that "you can still have a great time at Disney even if you stay off-site"!!! Since I am departing my wintery home for Orlando and will be headed there for the first time ever (after years of dreaming) in less than 32 hours now, and since we will be staying off-site - I am going to choose to remain happy and believe that this is very true!!!

Good luck and happy planning!!!

A trip to Disney is Magical no matter where you decide to stay! Some people stay off property for money reasons, or sometimes it's easier if you have a large group. We have been fortunate enough to be able to stay on property for our Disney trips. We stay at the value resorts to save money that way. We enjoy not having to use a car and love the Disney transportation. We enjoy having the Disney Magic for our whole trip. I'm not saying our way is the right way, it's just the way we enjoy our Disney Magic. You will have a wonderful time no matter where you stay!
    Have a Magical Day!

I have nothing against staying off-site...lol We have stayed off property with like 12 people on etime and it was FUN! Pool, Jacuzzi and just getting away from the hustle... If you have of need room for more than 5 maybe staying off site works better!

But bottom line is DISNEY!!!!! and having a great time
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast