Transport to seaworld

Transport to seaworld

We are thinking of staying on Disney property without a car - is there any transport to Seaworld, as we would like to spend a day or two there?

You sure can get to Seaworld without a car!!
    If you go to the TTC (transportation and ticket centre), you can get there via The Magic Kingdom on the monorail or ferry, you can then go to the bus parking area and get on a Lynx bus, it will cost around $1 and it takes you pretty close to Seaworld. Once you get off you can then get the I-ride trolley (70c) to Seaworld.
    I did this last trip and it worked wonderfully! You can also get to the outlet malls this way as well as Wet N Wild.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

thanks Galaga girl

No probs
    You will love Seaworld it is a great place. When you get off the monorail head left and you'll see where all the off-site resort busses drop off guests, there will be a bus stop sign with a paw print on it, that is the Lynx stop. I'm never 100% sure which bus it is so I always ask the driver if they are going to Seaworld and then tell them that I need to stop there in case I don't pull the buzzer in time.
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

Re: Transport to seaworld

Does anyone know if the buses run all day or if you hve to catch one at a certain time. Also, what time do they stop transporting ?
    We are thinking about doing a Sea World day since everytime my 2 yr olds see Shamu on tv, they go nuts !!
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

Thumbs up Re: Transport to seaworld

While staying at the Disney Resorts, I take a day trip to Seaworld.
    I call Mears and they pick us up right at the resort you're staying at.and drops you off right at the parking lot in Seaworld. When you're ready to leave Seaworld Park, all you have to do is call about 1/2 hour before you want to leave the park. The bus picks you up and drops you right back at your resort.
    The only problem that sometimes exists is that you might have to wait for your shuttle/bus for while. That all depends on the time of day it is.

The cost is about $11. round trip. It is worth the extra money and saves you a lot of time.

Oh I forgot to add. You call Mears a day before you want to go to Seaworld and make arrangements for you pick up. (if you ask the resort to connect you with Mears, the cost is $ .75)
    Last edited by ruthie44; 08-16-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    Ruthie
    Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"

WE used Mears , but we had a really bad experience coming back once . We was walking to the Mears stop to get our shuttle and we was stopped by a man from Mears he told us to get in a car , we said we wanted the shuttle to A.K.L he said it was a car ( we had previously had a car another trip ) . We got in the car and as we was leaving the car park we saw a shuttle , we showed the driver our tickets and he said no they weren't valid we had to pay . We asked to get out of the car but he wouldn't let us , he wanted 6 dollars , he hadn't even left the car park . He wouldn't let us out until our shuttle left , the woman in the depot was agreeing with him, we got upset as we were two women with our 2 children. He eventually let us out , we walked back to the entrance of SeaWorld and tried to book ourselves on another shuttle .They made us wait for an hour (SeaWorld had closed ) They wouldn't take us back to A.K.L we had to go to a hotel near Disney Village walk to the Disney bus stop in the dark + it was raining hard . When we got back to A.K.L we told them what had happened to us they were very shocked and contacted Mears . They told us one of the problems is that Mears have an agreement with Disney , and have a monopoly sometimes this can lead to poor service . It was a very distressing experience , so always make sure you get on the right shuttle.

call mears it's worth the money for the time you will spend travleing to the lynx stop, unless you are on the monorail resorts. Mears will be your best option unless there are enough of you where your talking $50 to $60 in fares, then try calling a towncar company, it will be cheaper.

Last May my family went to Seaworld from the TTC. It may have taken 20 min. Dropped us off very near, had to walk across the hugh parking lot, but no biggie. This Lynx line goes every 20 minutes or so, so you should not have long to wait on you trip back. Be sure and scout out where the return bus stop is. Its usually located on the opposite side of the divided road way. The Lynx does not go right to the gate of the park so you will have to hoof it across the lot at the end of the day. Its easy and cheap and the drivers are good, just chat it up with them. Cabs are $$$ and I always find the drivers to real idiots(not to say there is not nice ones, I've just never ran into one).

we just got a taxi from out side the hotel but you can book mears coaches to take you it is cheaper
    pop century march 22nd 2004
    santa fe hotel euro disney dec 21st 2004
    carraibean resort september 29th 2005
    disneyland hotel california 5th april 2007
    all star movies september 20th 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 20th dec 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 22nd dec 2008