Disney College Program
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink Disney College Program

Has anyone heard anything about the disney college program?...I've visited the website but it would be great to hear about it or speak with someone who is in "the know" Thanks!
    Jessica
    "I'll make a note of it, sweinstein"
    -Timon (Lion King)

"A dream is a wish your makes"

Re: Disney College Program

I am currently on the college program. I arrived down here last month and work over on the front desk at the All Star Resorts. I am having such a blast down here so far, and I'll be down here until January!! If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask away!
    Bridget
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-day, Wonderful feeling, W
    onderful day!
    WDWCP: May 2006 - January 2007

..Where Dreams Come True..

I live in an undisclosed location, if you'd like to know just look at my page

Wow I had no idea of a college program, what are the benefits of it? what are the stipulations and such? I am not yet a resident of California, so going to school is rather expensive, if there's a way to get it cheaper I want in! is it available in California?
    Last edited by goofyismyhero; 06-26-2006 at 07:59 PM.

I have a question!!

I'm wondering how it works as far as it applying to your major. I want to do it just for the experience of working at Disney - I don't know if it'll really correspond with what I'll be studying though (i'm not sure yet what that will be, cause I'm just starting school this fall). Do you need to be studying something that relates at least somewhat, or no? That's just something I've been curious about that I havent really seen an answer to...thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by goofyismyhero
    Wow I had no idea of a college program, what are the benefits of it? what are the stipulations and such? I am not yet a resident of California, so going to school is rather expensive, if there's a way to get it cheaper I want in! is it available in California?
    The college program gives you a wonderful experience of working with Disney. Right now they offer it at Walt Disney World, but I believe they are bringing the experince out to Disneyland (but I'm not 100% positive). The only things you have to pay for is an assessment fee before you arrive, and then they take out a weekly rent for your apartment. The great thing about the Disney internship is that you get paid, but what Disney stresses is, it's not the amount of money you make, it's all about the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ellabella
    I have a question!!

I'm wondering how it works as far as it applying to your major. I want to do it just for the experience of working at Disney - I don't know if it'll really correspond with what I'll be studying though (i'm not sure yet what that will be, cause I'm just starting school this fall). Do you need to be studying something that relates at least somewhat, or no? That's just something I've been curious about that I havent really seen an answer to...thanks!!
    You can apply for the college program with any kind of major, you could even be undecided and still apply! In some way you will learn something from the experience that could correspond back to your major. The Disney College Program does say that it doesn't matter what your major is, it's all about the experience.

I am a hospitality major, so having this experience with Disney is absolutely wonderful. I'd love to come back and apply for a professional internship to work in conventions and special events in one of the parks!

the official site is http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com
    Last edited by bridgetzoe; 06-27-2006 at 06:31 AM.
    Bridget
    onderful day!

Hey I have been wondering about the program as well.Im a sophmore in High School and I am currently living in Rome,Italy but Disney World is my favorite place in the world and I have always wanted to work there and I heard that the college program is a way to work at Disney and see what its like.....but its only for a few months correct??...but can u re apply??...and I also heard that you have to have already taken a year in regular college in order to get into the Disney college program.....so yea.But if someone could please get back to me on that I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    *A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes*

Anna is my name and Disney is my game!

I'm so glad to hear that! I was really thinking about applying to the Hospitality school at UCF, but ended up deciding to go for a more traditional college experience with some more options as far as majors. So a lot of my reason for wanting to do the Disney College Program is to see if hospitality really is something I want to pursue - then I can change my course of action if its that important to me. The other reason why I want to do it is because it's Disney

Thumbs up Re: Disney College Program

It's a perfect plan for a Disney nutjob and future public relations/political science double major like me!

so I checked the site, it looks awsome! but it says you need to be IN college at the time of applying to get into this program (makes sense, because it is a PROGRAM, not a college itself) so are there certain colleges that participate? or is it for every school? because I already have an AS in Theatre, but am not currently going to school because I don't want to pay out of state tuition. there's a comunity college near by though, will that work to get into the program?

Quote Originally Posted by pluto27
    Hey I have been wondering about the program as well.Im a sophmore in High School and I am currently living in Rome,Italy but Disney World is my favorite place in the world and I have always wanted to work there and I heard that the college program is a way to work at Disney and see what its like.....but its only for a few months correct??...but can u re apply??...and I also heard that you have to have already taken a year in regular college in order to get into the Disney college program.....so yea.But if someone could please get back to me on that I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    First off, if you live in another country you would be eligible for Disney's International Program. Most of the cast member's that work in the countries at Epcot are in the International College Program, it's basically the exact same thing as the regular CP.

I believe for the International Program most of them are here for a year, the regular CP can either be 5 or 8 months, depending on if you come down for the regular or advantage program.

You have to be enrolled in college, and I believe you have to have at least one semester completed. There are numerous amounts of people who extend their program once it would be up, and a lot of people transfer down to Florida to finish school and continue to work for Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by goofyismyhero
    so I checked the site, it looks awsome! but it says you need to be IN college at the time of applying to get into this program (makes sense, because it is a PROGRAM, not a college itself) so are there certain colleges that participate? or is it for every school? because I already have an AS in Theatre, but am not currently going to school because I don't want to pay out of state tuition. there's a comunity college near by though, will that work to get into the program?
    You have to be enrolled in some sort of college, and a community college works. Pretty much every college can participate, you can either go to a college to watch the presentation or view it online. You would just have to check with your college to see if there would be any way to earn credit if you would like.

I've met people down here who are participating on the CP who have already graduated from college, so I guess you'd just have to contact someone to get all the exact details.

Quote Originally Posted by ellabella
    I'm so glad to hear that! I was really thinking about applying to the Hospitality school at UCF, but ended up deciding to go for a more traditional college experience with some more options as far as majors. So a lot of my reason for wanting to do the Disney College Program is to see if hospitality really is something I want to pursue - then I can change my course of action if its that important to me. The other reason why I want to do it is because it's Disney
    That was pretty much one of the reasons why I pursued the Disney CP. I found out about it my freshman year of high school and knew it was something I would love to do once I reached college. I changed my major at the end of my freshman year to Hospitality and Tourism and coming down to Disney has strengthed my love for what I want to major in and it also helped me realize that I would definitely love to one day work for the company.
    Last edited by bridgetzoe; 06-27-2006 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bridget
    onderful day!

Bridget- Great job explaining the College Intern Program! It sounds like you are having a great time! What a great job you have working at the All Star! My daughter did the College Intern Program 2 years ago & had the time of her life! She worked at Pinnochio Village Haus. She made wonderful friends from all over the Nation! When my daughter did it, there were 2,500 US Students & 1,500 International Students. There were 6 girls in her apt. she lived in Vista Ridge- the cost was $67. a week. You had your choice of 2- 8 people per apt. Are things about the same now? To all of those thinking of applying- Disney visits many Universities across the Nation but I think you can apply on line also if Disney does not come to your University. Do consider applying, it is the chance of a lifetime!
    Have fun Bridget!
    Have a Magical Day!

Thank you so much Disney Mom! I live over at Chatham Square and there are six of us sharing the apartment. Chatham is the more expensive and newer of the two complexes that house the CP's, and then there is also The Commons that house all the international interns. You have a choice of one - four bedroom apartments, each bedroom has two people. The apartment complex and number of people you live with determines your rent.

Here are some pictures that I've taken while I've been down here so far. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bridgetzoe/my_photos Enjoy!!
    Last edited by bridgetzoe; 06-27-2006 at 05:33 PM.
    Bridget
    onderful day!

Hey thanx!!!
    Im not FROM Italy I am just living here for a few years for my moms job....but thanks for all the help!! Im gonna think about going to University of Central Florida....and do the Disney Program...and then even after I do the program I can goto school and then get a job at Disney. So thanks for all your help....I really appreciate it!!...I looked at the pictures...looks like ur having fun....Im sure anyone would..lol.
    *A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes*

Anna is my name and Disney is my game!

LOL! Thank you!
    Ah, well that's alright if you don't 'live' in Italy. Haha! Good luck with everything, and just keep researching about the college program!
    Bridget
    onderful day!

you know, I went to Disneyworld once, a couple years ago, I absolutely LOVED the street performers there. you know, the ones that did an entire improv skit right in the middle of the street, it was so much fun to see them include the audience and just have fun with their job, is that part of the program also?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast