A tip for our members

A tip for our members

Hello everyone .
    We have been merging quite a few threads as of late and I have gotten a few PM's as to why we are doing this .

We do try to keep questions about a topic in the same thread so that it is easier to find an answer .
    Most of our long-time members already know this but trying a search before asking a question is a great tool . This will keep mirror threads from cluttering up the boards . If the answers are not quite clear , by all means please ask the question in that thread .
    We do love to answer questions and we have a fan base that is quite large in knowledge that loves to help newbies and vets keep up to date on what happens in the parks .

Another question I also have been asked is how to find where they have placed a past thread or post without placing a new thread with the same question .
    Our long time members already know this answer but I will answer this for our newer members. Just go into your profile and click on past posts and scroll down to the post that applies to your older post .
    You can also use this on another members profile to find their past posts .

One last thing , don't take it personal if a thread is merged , or moved .
    The staff is just doing their housekeeping on keeping the site running smoothly ,,,,it's just what we do.... PM's are sent out automatically by the computer when the threads are moved to another forum to let you know where to find it again . They are meant as a courtesy and not a warning .

Thanks to all our members , old and new , for all the help they have given to this site .
    see ya later !!!

Rick
    Last edited by Mickey Crazy; 07-09-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Re: A tip for our members

Thank you .
    All of you do such a great job keeping this site such a fun place to be,you can merge my threads anytime

Thanks Rachel .
    Ryan C. and the staff work to keep this site the best around !
    Rick
    Walt Disney

ty for all the help

Hi gang !
    I have another tip of the week . This one has to do with finding answers .
    Two great places to start is the search link , and the Reviews link .
    In searching , try using a few key words and change them if at first you are not successful .

Then be sure to check out our Review board . This section really is gaining in popularity . It has so much to offer in rating resorts , attractions , and dining .

Talk Disney has been around 5 years and counting and we have so many great members with insight and knowledge that love to help .
    So if you see someone that needs a little help surfing the boards and you have the answer , jump right in , or if you can give them a link to where to find the answer on Talk Disney it would help out greatly .

And once again if we do move or merge your thread , it is just the staff doing their job to keep the site tidy . Having 20 or so threads on the same topic just does not help .

Gee , I hope I have not scared anyone from asking questions . Please keep asking questions ! We love to help .

See ya later !
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Just a question for you Rick... why do you have a space after all your puncuation? Sorry, I'm just curious.
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow.

Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train. -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ~*wishes*~
    Just a question for you Rick... why do you have a space after all your puncuation? Sorry, I'm just curious.
    I would be happy to answer that question .

I am bit older than most of the members on this site . Because of that I was born during 2-D animation , and as we all know , 2-D characters are drawn with 3 fingers and one large thumb . That big ol' thumb of mine keeps hitting the space bar when I least expect it !

P.S. My wife keeps asking me the same thing !
    Rick
    Walt Disney

I see another problem that has been happening to a few of our newer members .
    After registering they are having problems getting their first post on the boards .
    Here are a few tips to help .

Be sure to check the box in your user control panel to accept Pm's from the administrators. Without checking that box you will not be able to post .
    Another problem is in trying to leave a link or send someone a PM .
    Our system will not allow newer members to do this until you have x amount of posts .

We love to see new members say hello in the introduce yourself forum, I answer many there myself . But if you need to ask some Disney questions try asking them in the Forums that apply . Many of our members skip over this forum or don't come back after they say hello . By doing this you stand a much better chance of getting answers .

Thanks for taking the time to read this , have fun , keep posting ,,,,,,,,,,,

And see ya later !
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Awesome site you guys! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

We Luv Yas!!!
    Happy Squeezy Hugs-N-Stuff,
    KTboo
    I'd Rather Be At Walt Disney World!
    *Dreaming of being a Cast Member*

Of course, problems arise all the time for members here at TD and this thread is a great place to discover how to handle them.

However, there are several other threads already in existence here on this subject and to that end I present the two links below for those of you in need of asistance regarding many issues that pop up from time to time.

Posting Problems and Other Issues
    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2637

Talk Disney Terms of Service and Community Standards
    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23911
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

Thanks for the links Ed !
    Rick
    Walt Disney