Universal and IOA or not?

Universal and IOA or not?

We will be going for 9 days and 8 nights. My question is... would it be a good idea to plan on three whole days away from Disney? We are definately going to Sea World for one day but should we bother to set aside two more days for Universal and IOA?

So far our schedule will look something like this:

Friday - DTD/DisneyQuest/Citywalk
    Saturday - Magic Kingdom/MNSSHP(hopefully there will be one this day)
    Sunday - Animal Kingdom
    Monday - Disney Studios
    Tuesday - Epcot
    Wednesday - Sea World
    Thursday - Universal Studios
    Friday - IOA
    Saturday - Magic Kingdom/return home.

Should we do Universal these days or keep them "Disney Days"?

Re: Universal and IOA or not?

I would pick my favourite + miss the other, as you haven't any time to go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

You didn't say when you were going. What are the crowds going to be like when you go? Will you be able to get everything done that you want in the days you have planned? Were you planning to visit the water parks? My husband and I, without the kids, took a 7 day (second honeymoon) to WDW and crammed in 2 days for Universal and IOA. We were disappointed in Universal and IOA and regretted that we didn't spend our Disney time on all the things we really wanted to do in WDW. So, my advice is to be sure you have enough time to really do the things you want in WDW, before you use that time somewhere else.
    My oh My what a wonderful day!

Quote Originally Posted by debfen
    You didn't say when you were going. What are the crowds going to be like when you go?
    We're going in October of next year.

Will you be able to get everything done that you want in the days you have planned? Were you planning to visit the water parks?
    I'm not really sure. We don't plan on going to any of the water parks because when we went last time we just didn't seem to have too good of a time. The parks are great, we just didn't really care about swimming too much.

My husband and I, without the kids, took a 7 day (second honeymoon) to WDW and crammed in 2 days for Universal and IOA. We were disappointed in Universal and IOA and regretted that we didn't spend our Disney time on all the things we really wanted to do in WDW. So, my advice is to be sure you have enough time to really do the things you want in WDW, before you use that time somewhere else.
    Thank you. I think we'll just wait until we get to Florida to buy our tickets at the gate on those days if we still feel like going when we get up those mornings.

You could also just spend one day at Universal/IOA. It'd be a marathon day, but you could pick the highlights from those two parks that you want to definitely do, and then you only have to spend 2 days away from Disney. I did the two parks in one day, so it was fast paced and there was some stuff I missed but I did the things I really wanted to see. I personally think that they've got some great rides and I really enjoyed my visit, it's just lacking in Disney magic and I don't know that I'd want to spend more than a day of my Disney vacation there.

I would definately do Universal and IOA... What a great trip! Disney AND Universal all in one trip! I envy you... I wish I could do that! Have a great time, whatever you decide to do. :-)
    Happy Squeezy Hugs-N-Stuff,
    KTboo
    I'd Rather Be At Walt Disney World!
    *Dreaming of being a Cast Member*

If you have never been to Universal of IOA before, then it is definitely worth a look. If you are big coaster fans then check out IOA, otherwise try Universal. These are both great parks but the earlier comment was right - they do not have the Disney spark! You don't get the great banter from the CMs that exists at Disney; I didn't think the parks were as clean as the parks at Disney and although the themeing is great (especially at IOA) its just not up to Disney standard.

Having said all that, there are some great rides (the best coasters I think) and I am planning a visit to Universal Studios next year (having skipped them this year).

Have a great time.
    xxX Claire Xxx

Wish I was there

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! If you are going in October you will find that most of the parks will be pretty empty and you'll be able to see and do everything you want and more. You will definetly have time to see Universal and IOA, these are great parks and in some ways better than Disney (don't worry guys nothing will EVER convince me they are better than Disney in everyway)
    ---------------------------
    șoș
    Honeymooning at WDW in Sept 2012!

My boyfriend and I have gone the past two years to Universal and IOA on our Disney trips. We always took a couple of days for this but really we could have done both parks in one day. Yes I highly suggest visiting both parks.
    I WDW!!!

Offsite May 2005
    Offsite April 2006
    Pop Century Dec 2006
    Carribean Beach Sept 2007
    All Star Movies April 2008
    Pop Century April 2009

I know you've probably already been but for anyone else going in October we usually find that if you just want to go around the park once then you can fit the two parks in in one day. We always do that when we go that time of year.

Moving thread to the archives.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator