How Often Do You Talk About WDW?
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

How Often Do You Talk About WDW?

How often do you talk with the family about past trips, or even better "what would be your perfect WDW trip?" Once, twice or three times a week. I always tell my kids (4) it doesn't hurt to dream, so we talk about that 2 week dream trip where you get to do all that Disney has to offer. Also, I bet a least twice a week someone will bring up WDW a work, and I get pulled right into that conversation.

Every time we talk about going anywhere, we compare it to WDW. It seems to be the standard by which we measure all other trips.

My wife thinks I'm a little over the top about WDW, but she won't break me. It was funny the other day she was talking w/ our 12 yr old son about vacations. He told her, "I will go anywhere you want mom because you want to go there, but I really would go to WDW every year."
    Dreaming About our Next Disney World Vacation

Re: How Often Do You Talk About WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDad
    Every time we talk about going anywhere, we compare it to WDW. It seems to be the standard by which we measure all other trips.
    We used to do that same thing. The only problem is that we had to stop because no other place even comes close to comparing. So we have to look at other places in another light. Sort of like two employees. One who gets it right everytime and the other who comes close but just seems to fall short each time.

My friend and I always talk about Disney... The conversation always reaches a point where Disney just HAS to come up again.. We love planning trips or talk about "what if.." we stayed there 2 weeks, 'what if' you'd be an animator/character at the park..
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning..

Disney is a "typical" conversation topic at our house. We talk about past trips and what was so great about them, future trips and how we are going to make them even better than the last one, and now my 21 year old son is getting married in May and he and his bride will be going on a land and sea Disney trip for their honeymoon and that's a topic of conversation. We are always getting asked, "Aren't you tired of that place?" or "Haven't you done everything there is to do there?" and the answer is a definite NO! We too have gone on other vacations closer to home and have enjoyed getting away, but they certainly were not Disney caliber vacations. And they are not the ones we continue to talk about for years.
    My oh My what a wonderful day!

EVERY DAY !! I cant help it .... its SO exciting !! The other day I made my ADR's so of course i had to tell EVERYONE who would listen. My co-workers all know me as Disney Michelle. I pretty much wear a Disney shirt every day and socks and sweatshirts and jackets .. plus my Disney watches and jewelry. Yeah .. Disney's pretty much a daily think for me.
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

For me it is an every day sorta thing . I am sure I come to the point of boring some non-Disney people , but as soon as they start thinking about a trip to the parks , ring, I get a phone call about where to start planning and what to do once there . Of course I tell them that Talk Disney is the best place to start !

I place myself with all of the other fans who love to keep updated with the parks and anything Disney .
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

We talk about Disney every day too!
    We also have the Disney Scene It Game.
    Before a disney trip we always play it and of course my husband always wins because he is a Disney fanatic. We were talking about another vacation and could not come up with anything else we would like to do.
    Our new disney plan is to go to Disney every year until we have used up all the countries in Epcot.We plan on eating at a new resturant(country) every year. This year is Japan. Anyone ate there yet?
    Last edited by sharonsmailbox; 09-12-2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: adding countdown

How often do I talk about WDW? Enough to realize that eyes are rolling around me like, "Oh no, not AGAIN!" LOL!

I can usually work a Disney-related story or factoid into a conversation on almost any subject, but find myself holding my tongue because I know I'd drive people crazy.

I have one friend with whom I can discuss WDW endlessly, thank goodness! Otherwise, I come here to TD to be with all my fellow WDW lovers, who I can always count on to have something to say on all manner of Disney minutiae. I love you people!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Yup - way too much, according to those who love me. Ahem.

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

I have to say we talk about it everyday almost all day....we really need to get back there LOLOLOL

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

Some people will say I talk about WDW too much
    March 1982 Yogi Bear Campsite / December 1991 Days Inn Buena Vista / April 1999 All Star Music / July 2002 Carribbean Beach Resort / May 2005 All Star Movies
    Still to come-June 2008 Royal Pacific Resort (Universal) and All-Star Music
    For all dates in between Talk Disney

I am a nut when it comes to WDW discussions btw all the facts and news I learn here and on various podcasts , I talk about Disney non-stop. I guess you can say I'm little obessed. LOL
    Lisa

I probably talk about it at least once a week. My wife and I are both in the we need a vacation how can we make WDW possible mode right now.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

everyday...without fail. I am sure i am driving my family and friends nuts with it. I just booked our trip for march of 2007 so they all have been hearing about it endlessly this week. Ive tried to get my kids involved more by letting them pick the places we will eat since we have the dining plan this time so we have been reading up on and talking about all of the great places to eat. Sometimes i feel like i am way more excited than my kids are about going again. There is honestly no other place id rather be!
    "Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever"

we probably talk about florida atleast once a day ethier memories of past trips or planning new trips etc
    pop century march 22nd 2004
    santa fe hotel euro disney dec 21st 2004
    carraibean resort september 29th 2005
    disneyland hotel california 5th april 2007
    all star movies september 20th 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 20th dec 2007
    disneyland hotel euro disney 22nd dec 2008

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast