Dining plan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dining plan

Dining plan

do the dining plan or not. not sure if its worth the money. your help is needed.

Re: Dining plan

It all depends on you. We are a family of all adults and tried the dining plan this past summer. We LOVED it. It allowed to eat and try places we would not normally try because of cost. We gave it a thumbs up!
    Lisa

Most of our members do seem to like the plan .
    I would also suggest trying a search on our site . We have many threads started on this topic .
    I am sure you will find your answers . Have fun and See ya Later !
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Personally, I don't do dining plans because I don't "dine." I prefer quick meals at the counter service restaurants. We usually graze all day long, splitting everything in half instead of eating full meals. I don't like my stomach feeling heavy when I go on the rides. I may splurge on one real meal during a WDW trip, but mostly it's nibbling at random throughout the day.

I guess it depends on how important the restaurants are to you. I think they're overpriced and would rather spend my money on a meal at a great restaurant back at home than a Disney restaurant.

WDW is all about the ATTRACTIONS for me!!!!!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Mickey Re: Dining plan

I agree with alice... When I'm at the park I dont like sit downs. There are the few resturants that I have to eat at no matter what too.. Like Caseys Hot Dogs at MK. Its not a disney trip without it in my opinion. Plus I have wild eating habits I will make a meal out of ice cream. so for me it wouldn't work. Lots of Counter Service here!
    Ashley, Mom to Dominic (Baby) and
    Ricky (Pug).

So I'm not the only one who does the counter service thing the whole time!

Yes, I have definite things I have to eat every time I go to WDW, like the vegetarian platter at the Morocco counter service restaurant. Now I'm drooling! Well, I'll be there in just over 32 days...
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Like they say, it depends on your situations. We were taking a number of first timers so we planned on a number of sit down character meal experiences and the dining plan was fabulous - totally worth the money and extremely convenient.

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

It all depends on what your eating lifestyle is. We enjoy the sit down dinners at night, after a long day in the park. For what you eat, it is well worth it. Prime example, last year, for our first dinner, I had Shrimp coctail, a filet, a lobster tail, a salad, and a chocolate cake.. cost $0! Love it!.... I am not a big fan of eating and walking either, I just want to go to sleep after I eat a big meal. Like I said, it is all about your lifestyle.... very good for couples and adults, for kids it might not be cost effective for your lifestyle.

Hope that helps

We didnt do the DP because for us .. it would cost more for the plan than to pay for the meals directly. We are one meal a day people .. with quick bites in between. Plus they make you pay for each day you are there and on the first and last day we arent going to dine anywhere but the food court.
    I think its a great plan if your going to use it to its full extent though.
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

i set up the dining plan for my brohter and i when we go next month... it just makes for ease - don't have to worry about the budget when all is already paid for. Also, this is my bro's 1st trip to DW so I want him to think that everything is kindof at his whim - we decide where to eat, and then how great it will be when I can tell him he can choose ANYTHING on the menu?! (my parents were pretty strick growing up- preferably only water when go out to eat, try to get something pretty cheap from the menu...)
    WDW October ? 1992
    WDW CM August 2003- January 2004
    WDW July 7th- 11th 2006
    WDW October 28th- November 1st 2006
    WDW September 25th- 30th 2009

-Stephanie

I broke it down like this ,with the dining plan we were going to get it was going to be 14.00 per meal. We were not going to eat 14.00 worth of food in one sitting so it was a waste of money.Our total food package was 560.00

Quote Originally Posted by sharonsmailbox
    I broke it down like this ,with the dining plan we were going to get it was going to be 14.00 per meal. We were not going to eat 14.00 worth of food in one sitting so it was a waste of money.Our total food package was 560.00

We did the same exact thing .. we went through the menus on-line and figured out what we would most likely eat each day and for 3 adults our weekly food bill was $450. The dining plan would have been over $700 !!
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

My family and I loved the dining plan. We enjoy eating out at home. Disney has some of the finest restaurants in the world, so we love taking advantage of them when we visit. The dining plan gives us the opportunity to dine every day in a fine restaurant with out worrying about the cost. To us, eating in these wonderful restaurants with all the great food, and super themeing is part of the Disney experience. We will be using the dining plan in Dec. when we go for 10 days. We have had a great time planning and choosing which restaurants we want to eat at. Some of our old time favorites and then some new ones...
    My oh My what a wonderful day!

We made the decision to use the Dining Plan, it figured to be cheaper. I like the idea that I don't have to budget everything to death, meals are all paid for before we even leave the house. Our first trip to Disney I pinched pennies so bad, we had not enjoyed ourselves as much as we could have because I was always worried about how much everything cost. The 2nd time around, I eased up a bit, but still worried that the money would not last. This time I already feel better and the trip is over a year away. I am having fun picking the neat restaurants we will dine in and that we may try things we might not otherwise try. So I guess for us it was about the money vs the stress of counting pennies.
    Last edited by Dismom; 09-16-2006 at 10:29 PM.

Talking Re: Dining plan

Quote Originally Posted by Moodyzblu
    Plus they make you pay for each day you are there and on the first and last day we arent going to dine anywhere but the food court.
    Actually, you pay per 'night' that you are staying at the resort. So, if you are visiting for 6 nights/7 days, you get 6 of everything.

When we went in January, we loved it! We did a ton of character meals. When I got home I calculated what we would have spent to eat at all the places that we did and we actually SAVED $430!!!

We are leaving in two weeks to go back and are using the dining plan again. No worries about carrying cash - it's all paid for!
    First trip - January 8, 2006 - Coronado Springs
    Second trip - October 2, 2006 - Pop Century
    MNSSHP - FUN!FUN!FUN!
    Next trip?????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast