Living sea's and 2 yr olds

Question Living sea's and 2 yr olds

Dont ask me how or why, but in ALL my Disney trips .. I've never been to Living Seas. I just tend to walk right by it .. so now I have 2 yr old twins and they LOVE fish and sea creatures .. I was gonna take them to Sea World to see Shamu but I'm re-thinking that.
    So IS living seas anything like an aquarium ? Is there live fish and sea creatures ? Will my 2 yr olds enjoy it ?
    I'm gonna go and search for some pics and reviews ... but I'd love some first hand suggestions from people I know and trust.
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

Re: Living sea's and 2 yr olds

My kids really enjoy the Living Seas. There is alot to look at and learn in there. Yes, many live things! And now I hear they have Turtle Talk with Crush. I have not seen that yet but that is on my list of things to do for our next trip. It is a must do for Epcot!
    When you wish upon a star...

I think it's a great place to take kids. It's much more than an aquarium. There are different rooms with different things to see.

There is a gigantic aquarium where the glass walls go floor to ceiling and they occasionally have trained dolphin shows.

There's the manatee aquarium, which is two floors, so you can either look down at them in the water or go downstairs and look at them through the glass.

There's a Finding Nemo room with lots of fish tanks that have real fish from the movie, including stingrays, jellyfish, seahorses, and clownfish.

Turtle Talk with Crush is a theater where you see Crush on a giant screen that looks like an aquarium. He actually talks directly to different kids in the audience and asks them questions. (Obviously, there's a CM behind the scenes doing the voice as he watches the audience.)

There will be a new Finding Nemo ride where you ride in a "clam-mobile."

Oh, and there's another room where they have giant replicas of Nemo characters that you can put your kids inside and take fun photos.

Yes, I highly recommend going to The Living Seas!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

My guys totally loved Living Seas but neither of them remembers it now, although the 4 y/o does remember the gift shop.... jeeze! LOL!

The 'aquarium' is vast and cool but it was hard to show the kids where to look, it was so overwhelming and huge to them. No dolphins or shows when we were there but they did like looking into the 'sea'. Saw some giant sea turtles and sharks, they thought those were great.

Turtle Talk was there but the line was INSANE and we had to skip it.

The Nemo Room or whatever it was called was neat. No biggy. Oh look, a Royal Blue Tang, it's Dory! So they would look but then, hi, no, that is NOT Dory, it's just a regular fish who doesn't talk. Very indignant about it!

Sea World is so cool with the Orca shows and stuff. Living Seas is a great attraction but in my mind it does not equal the Sea World Experience. Then again, you would know best whether your two year olds would tolerate sitting in a big "show" setting.

Definitely see the Living Seas... but do not mistake it for a SeaWorld Substitute. Very apples & oranges. Good luck!

WDW Jan. 2000
    WDW Dec. 6-12 2005
    Next Trip....When???????

Oh I know it isnt the same thing as Sea World ... I LOVE Sea World .. if the boys were even a year older it would be a definite plan to go .. but the thought of getting them there and not being able to retreat back to our room if things get overwhelming. Its just not worth it this time .. I want to be able to enjoy it .. plus it would cost me another $200 to go, and I already have 6 day hoppers in my package .. just doesnt make good sense this time around.

When is the new ride gonna be open ?? The Nemo ride ?? Sounds like fun
    "To the youngsters of today, I say Believe In The Future ..." - Walt Disney

Michelle

My two yr old neice LOVES aquariums. We know she'll love the Living Seas. As will your two yr old twins!!! But don't rule out Sea World if they love fish that much. I'm obsessed with fish as well as my neice. It's a definite must for youngsters and adults alike.

-Amber
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. --- Walt Disney

Oh, I know that the line for Turtle Talk with Crush can be excruciating, but it is so worth it!! It is one of the highlights of our trip. It's a riot. The line doesn't seem as long as there is often a diving demonstration in a cylindrical tank up front. Even without Crush, the aquariums and visuals are wonderful and if you are lucky, Nemo will actually appear outside for photos!!!
    Looking for the luck of the Irish -Kel