Starting my piggy bank! Help....

Mickey Starting my piggy bank! Help....

Okay all, going next year, September 29th departure. We will have vacation home paid for by then, $628 for 7 nights, and all three tickets paid for. Now I need help with the rest.

We are planning on renting a car to drive down, who has the cheapest rentals?
    We are planning on eating breakfast at the home, (one time at Cinderella's royal table, if god willing I can get thru ) and dinner at the home. Lunch in the parks, please list inexpensive places to eat in each park, all except mgm as we are bypassing this park.
    What are the best days to go to each park? The least busiest days of the week?
    We plan on going out to eat at least twice, tell me where to go that's not that expensive but has great food?!!
    Is $2000.00 enough for EVERYTHING? Including my hotel and tickets and the rest?? Or do I need more, or is that doable??

Thank you for all your help!!
    Teresa, Eric and Abrianna!!

Off to Disneyworld May 26th, 2007!!

Re: Starting my piggy bank! Help....

I did some investigating for our trip in Dec 2007 and budget rent a car was the best price. That being said, we have no memberships in anything that might entitle us to any discounts. I believe it was budget also that rents to those who do not have a credit card (2nd place was Avis) A lot depends on the size of vehicle you are looking at. Hope this tiny bit of info is helpful.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

I always have very good luck with enterprise when I need to rent a car...

I honestly can't say that $2000.00 is enough as I don't know how many people are in your party and for how long you will be there. But I can tell you one way to save money is to take your change at the end of the day and dump it into an actual piggy bank. When it is full go to a Coinstar or to your local bank (mine has a coinstar free of charge for members) and put the money into a savings acct and start all over again till its full, etc etc... this will save money you didn't even know you had!

-Amber
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. --- Walt Disney

I used L&M Rental Car, which is located right in the airportl. I must have found a special, because my price for an economy car for the week is $240.00 TOTAL. Enterprise, Dollar, etc.... all wanted over $450.00. Also, L&M said to call once a week just in case a new special comes out.... they would give me the better price.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Mickey Re: Starting my piggy bank! Help....

Thanks all, great info so far. We are renting the car to drive down from ky, no flying for us. We have just in my half of the party, two adults and one child. That's all I have to be concerned about. The other half has to worry about their half!! I think Budget is a good deal too, I have an entertainment card that gives good deals to them. Anyone else have one of those? they give GREAT discounts to alot of different things. I'm even going to buy a seperate one just for the orlando area, alot of buy one get one free meals.

Thanks all.....anyone else?
    Teresa, Eric and Abrianna!!

Off to Disneyworld May 26th, 2007!!

hey, go to the orlando visitors website and send off for a free Orlando's visitors card. It will help you save money on some things. And if it's no help at all it's no biggie, it was free LOL

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

whatever you do, purchase the extra insurance the car rental place will offer you. trust me on this. If i would have purchased it I would have paid about 14 dollars a day for 7 days, since someone in the magic kingdom parking lot got a little too close and left paint behind on my rental van's bumper and breaklight i had to pay my 500 dollar deductable from my own insurance. From now on I will always purchase their insurance, i checked and if i would have there would not have been anything extra for me to pay over and above the 14 dollars a day.

Try saving 100$ a month or putting in your piggy bank and i think you would easily make to disney land with that kind of saving .

As this thread is over 7 years old it is being closed.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR