cant really think of a title
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cant really think of a title

we really need to get a new thread going so i guess i will start something.
    what is your most favorite part about taking a trip to either of the Disney parks.
    July 2000 All Star Movies
    December 2007 All Star Music
    September 2009 Pop Century
    June 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

Re: cant really think of a title

Stepping on to main street and looking straight at the castle....what a beautiful sight to behold

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

Talking Re: cant really think of a title

i know how you feel i think i was 12 the first time we went the whole thing was amazing
    July 2000 All Star Movies
    December 2007 All Star Music
    September 2009 Pop Century
    June 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter

I thought once I got older that I wopuldn't get that "Disney Feeling" at that spot anymore....boy was I wrong lol. I takes me by surprise everytime

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

I enjoy everything so I will pick an "odd" one. Mine is sitting in bed the night before, not being able to sleep with this big ol' grin on my face. The anticipation is what gets me the most! I can't get out of the airplane and the hotel room fast enough!!

I was 27 when we went to Disney in May '05. So I was 27 the first time I had ever stepped into Disney in my life. I thought that I was too old to get that little kid feeling of excitement, boy was I wrong!! When we came across on the ferry to MK I know that my excitement matched or actually exceeded that of my daughter. I could not stop smiling. Everything from my fantasies as a kid came true. Walking down Main Street to the castle seemed surreal, and then as I stood next the statue of Walt & Mickey and looked at all the people walking around, the "magic" hit me. This truly is the Happiest Place on Earth! I hope that doesn’t sound corny, I just never in my life, except the day my daughter was born, felt Happier. I finally realized that for every time as a child I had wished and prayed that we would go to Disney, I was now standing right there!
    ~Kelly
    Feel Like a kid again!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

My favorite part is walking inside the turnstiles on the very first day and knowing I have the whole vacation ahead of me!

More detailed things I love:

- The elated feeling I have after I get off Soarin' (also being ON Soarin'!)
    - The moment Test Track pulls out into the speed portion
    - When Wishes finally starts after waiting a long time on the bridge
    - Skipping through the empty Fastpass line past all the "regular" guests and feeling SO important!
    - Eating foods I'd never eat in "real life," like burgers and fries
    - The bouncing part of the Winnie the Pooh ride
    - Inside the pyramid in Mexico
    - Catching a glimpse of DeVine at AK
    - Taking off through the neon tube at Space Mountain
    - Funny CMs

I think this list could go on forever...
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    My favorite part is walking inside the turnstiles on the very first day and knowing I have the whole vacation ahead of me!

More detailed things I love:

- The elated feeling I have after I get off Soarin' (also being ON Soarin'!)
    - The moment Test Track pulls out into the speed portion
    - When Wishes finally starts after waiting a long time on the bridge
    - Skipping through the empty Fastpass line past all the "regular" guests and feeling SO important!
    - Eating foods I'd never eat in "real life," like burgers and fries
    - The bouncing part of the Winnie the Pooh ride
    - Inside the pyramid in Mexico
    - Catching a glimpse of DeVine at AK
    - Taking off through the neon tube at Space Mountain
    - Funny CMs

I think this list could go on forever...
    Alice, bless you! Your excitement is palpable! Have a great time.
    xxX Claire Xxx

Wish I was there

Quote Originally Posted by ladylilo
    Alice, bless you! Your excitement is palpable! Have a great time.

LOL!!!! Yes, I'm at the totally obsessive point of the waiting game...

Thanks! I fully intend to have the best trip ever! (Or at least until my next one!)
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I love the feeling I get on the last night of my trip. Standing in the dark with my family as we all look up to see the fireworks. Everyone's faces just glow with that Thrilled/Sad/Tired look that can only come at the end of a wonderful vacation! It's then that I can tell the success of the trip and start trying to plan ways to make it even more spectacular next time!

Other things I love,

1. My daughter's exhaustive aniticipation in the ariport.
    2. The moment my husband's stoicism melts and he becomes a boy of about 12 right before my eyes.
    3. The smells that announce "You've arrived!" as you enter the park.
    4. Those few seconds on any of the Mountain rides between being seated and takeoff when my stomach churns.
    5. People watching.
    7. Hearing my daughter tell everyone she meets about her trip when we get home!

Like Alice, I know more will come to me, but I gotta get back to work!!!
    Looking for the luck of the Irish -Kel

Hard question which i'll try to make it brief.
    1. The feeling of EXITMENT, JOY, BUTTERFLIES of happiness driving thru the park gates
    2. Getting on the tram or monorail or boat
    3. Seeing Mickey on the grass at the train station
    4. Looking down main street at the castle
    5. The smoked TURKEY LEGS!!!!!
    6. Resort Hopping
    7. The memories of past visits
    8. Wishes at MK
    9.Illuminations at EPCOT
    10. The Parades
    11 Great food (Chef Mickeys)
    12. Mickey ears ice cream
    13. Seeing my family grow and keeping up our Disney family tradition starting back in 1981

OK OK I said I could go on, I'm getting so excited just thinking. Can't wait.

The chance to be a kid, even for a few days, never got to be a kid much when I was a kid, so just to BE a kid would be my favorite thing.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by Dismom
    The chance to be a kid, even for a few days, never got to be a kid much when I was a kid, so just to BE a kid would be my favorite thing.
    Oh, Dismom, I agree!!! Although I was very much a kid when I was young, I don't really get to be one very much at my age, working full-time, and dealing with everyday life, so I love WDW for allowing me to regress back to childhood for a few days.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

Some brief thought from my family:
    Son-I like the smell as soon as you walk thru the walkway to Main Street USA, pass the part where you get either the lockers or strollers, the smell of the Hot buttered popcorn from the vendor there on your left side!
    I like riding on the monorail and hearing the announcement " Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, Montaga, ciali venskas" I hope I spelled it right!
    Driving to the parks and turning to the am radio station and hearing the Disney news for the day!
    Going on vacation with my family each year......Together!
    The list goes on and on

Husband-Just being there!
    Carrot Cake; Coke Igloo; Space Ship Earth; Disney Parade in all locations; TURKEY LEGS

Daughter- You should have it so we can reply to all – Anyway my favorite thing about Disney, is the indescribable feeling I get inside when you get there, full of excitement and joy and all the nostalgic memories go through my mind and now to see my daughter go through the excitement that everything, everywhere in the world is happy and the characters are REAL. Unless a person has been to Disney they really can’t understand.
    Niece-Kidding - My favorite thing is .......................................RESORT HOPPING!

Mine is as we are driving on the freeway and my kids see the Disneyland turnoff. OH MY GOODNESS. Thats when the excitement begins because from there, everything is: "I wanna go on that, I wanna see this, can we go there? Can I get this autograph?"

The site of the freeway sign is what gets us going.
    Susan

Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast