TD Meet March 2nd -9th - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: TD Meet March 2nd -9th

I want to take a REALLY big group pic somewhere in the park. Any suggestions?

I'm there through the 2nd, leaving the third.
    Disney Buses: March 24, 2007 - December 9, 2007
    Kilimanjaro Safaris: December 10, 2007 - July 6, 2008
    Monorails: July 6, 2008 -

Mike...like Greg pointed out...the castle looks quite different now than the last big TD Meet! I don't think she will be able to tell what it is, but I'm sure I'll be there to point it out to her again. LOL!
    ~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

I'm working at Disney now and I would love to meet some TD members. Let me know when you plan on meeting up.
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

where are u working?

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

Cool Mindy Jo! See you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz
    where are u working?
    I'm working Concierge at Saratoga Springs Resort and Old Key West. The oldest and the newest Disney Vacation Club Resorts. It's a BLAST!!!!
    I Walt Disney World!
    Cast Member!
    July2004-(7nights) Pop Century
    August2005-(1night) Animal Kingdom Lodge (9 nights) Pop Century
    September2005-(4nights) Pop Century
    August2006-(7nights) Pop Century
    Ocober2006-Presnt-(everyday)Saratoga Springs and Old Key West

Quote Originally Posted by Anim8Ed
    Mike...like Greg pointed out...the castle looks quite different now than the last big TD Meet! I don't think she will be able to tell what it is, but I'm sure I'll be there to point it out to her again. LOL!
    We should do a big picture in front of the castle like before with everyone (once you show Beth where the castle is of course)....lol
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Ill be getting there the 9th but I'm just curious, how do the meets work? Do you set it up on the forum or do you call each other when you get there? Where do you usually meet? What do you do?

IHeartWDW we will be comming in Feb We'd love to pop in and say hello...lol if we can do that since it is a DVC resort and we are not members yet lol.

One great pair of shoes can change your life..."Cinderella

click here to become a premium member

Many times a meet can be arranged by setting a time and meeting in one of the parks. At MK one of the favorite spots is Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. It has lot's of room to say hello. After that a few might go as group to one of the attractions.
    Of course anyone can Pm another member just to keep it a small hello session.
    We do ask our members to keep in mind to use common sense when meeting someone at a prearranged spot or giving out phone#s or room#s.
    Have fun and TD members are the best !!!!!
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Rick is right on all counts! Thanks rick!

And do keep in mind that though people are at the parks at the same day and time, their schedules and other people in their group might call for something different than the main group of people's plans. No problem. It can always be arranged to meet up somewhere at some time even if you might have to miss one gathering or another. A lot of times it's just great to meet as many as possible at Cosmic on a specific day and time at the Magic Kingdom and then play it by ear. That's when people decide a basic plan of attack. some want to go on attractions while others want to experience characters while others just want to shop and eat. It's alwys fun to travle as a large group and let some ride a ride or two while others are shopping and meeting characters, then plan to gather afterwards a little while later at a restaraunt or outside drink and snack area to share experiences and photos, etc.

Great rules of thumb-

Meet at Cosmic Rays by 10 am to have an early snack and sit close to Sonny Eclipses' stage and be on the lookout for one another. It gives everyone a chance to meet and get aquainted and begin planning your day as much as possible. An early start means a great long day of shared fun and experiences that you'll be chatting about for months to come on TD!

Make sure to say in this or any other thread of a meet you are planning to attend what you will be wearing as many people don't have any idea what one another looks like, unless they have a photo site they have photos uploaded to. (That's a huge help!) A specific color scheme or hat helps!

Take beaucoup photos and if you don't allready have a photo sharing site like Pbase or Webshots or Photobucket, etc...start one now in order to share your vacation photos and meet experiences easily with family and friends and your fellow TD members when you get back home. (You'll thank me for that suggestion...I promise you!)

Be flexible, and always try to get group shots in major photo op locations like in front of the castle, train station, with characters, etc.

There'll be more tips in the next few days but till then...join in this discussion if you are planning on being in WDW for this meet and start laying out plans and suggestions now!

I think this is gonna be pretty cool.
    Last edited by MonorailGuy; 01-28-2007 at 09:02 PM.
    Disney Buses: March 24, 2007 - December 9, 2007
    Kilimanjaro Safaris: December 10, 2007 - July 6, 2008
    Monorails: July 6, 2008 -

Just 4 more days!!!!!!!!

I'll be there in just 6 more days...UGH I CANT WAIT!!! !!!

Well I sadly missed them all at every turn! That saddens me a lot. I was looking forward to seeing them while they were down here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast