Paradise Pier Hotel

Paradise Pier Hotel

hey everybody new to this site nice to know that i'm not the only one that loves disneyland at 30yrs old LOL ok i'm planing a trip to disneyland on july 2nd to july 5th i know it's probaly going to be crowd it, but i will love to know what are the benefits of staying in a disney hotel. early entry, etc... thanxs

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel

YYYYYYYAY!
    I get to show off my know it all skills in this area.
    lol.

OK so here are the basic benefits:

1. you are close to the parks. for Paradise Pier, only half a block or so closer than other non disney hotels, but still closer.

2. hey, the pools nice

3. Get one early entry and one toontown morning madness. BUT, if you buy a 3 day park hopper and don't stay at a disney hotel, you have one early entry. Early entry, in case you need to know, is when you can enter the park around 2 hours before it opens to the "public". Usually, it's only certain fantasyland rides (basically all of them except for casey jr. circus train and storybookland canal boats). After about an hour, other rides throughout the park begin to open.

Otherwise, if you're staying for less than 3 days, then you won't get early entry, so stay at a disney hotel. BUT, remember, the early entries are ONLY provided certain days of the week, not all of them. Same for toontown morning madness. (morning madness is early entry for toontown. Great for meeting characters.)

I stayed at the PP in August. The resort is in pretty good distance to DCA and ok distance to DL. All within a walk. They offer nice rooms, a nice pool (I felt, on par with the Grand Californian's pool!). I say only nice because the ones in WDW are much nicer. But it has a fun slide, jacuzzi, and pool&slide that as I said, is just as good as the much more expensive Grand Californians'. I like staying at a good hotel that has a touch of disney. I mean, if you want to not stay at a red roof motel and prefer a holiday inn, or mariott, it's gonna be a far walk (probably have shuttle transportation).

If you have anymore questions, let me know. Specifics, too. I have a lot of books here that I can quickly look up something to help you.
    Love,
    Juliet
    Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Saratoga Springs Villas, Contemporary, Pop Century, Paradise Pier, Dolphin

Por favor
    mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingplace<3
    YYYYYYYAY!
    I get to show off my know it all skills in this area.
    lol.

OK so here are the basic benefits:

1. you are close to the parks. for Paradise Pier, only half a block or so closer than other non disney hotels, but still closer.

2. hey, the pools nice

3. Get one early entry and one toontown morning madness. BUT, if you buy a 3 day park hopper and don't stay at a disney hotel, you have one early entry. Early entry, in case you need to know, is when you can enter the park around 2 hours before it opens to the "public". Usually, it's only certain fantasyland rides (basically all of them except for casey jr. circus train and storybookland canal boats). After about an hour, other rides throughout the park begin to open.

Otherwise, if you're staying for less than 3 days, then you won't get early entry, so stay at a disney hotel. BUT, remember, the early entries are ONLY provided certain days of the week, not all of them. Same for toontown morning madness. (morning madness is early entry for toontown. Great for meeting characters.)

I stayed at the PP in August. The resort is in pretty good distance to DCA and ok distance to DL. All within a walk. They offer nice rooms, a nice pool (I felt, on par with the Grand Californian's pool!). I say only nice because the ones in WDW are much nicer. But it has a fun slide, jacuzzi, and pool&slide that as I said, is just as good as the much more expensive Grand Californians'. I like staying at a good hotel that has a touch of disney. I mean, if you want to not stay at a red roof motel and prefer a holiday inn, or mariott, it's gonna be a far walk (probably have shuttle transportation).

If you have anymore questions, let me know. Specifics, too. I have a lot of books here that I can quickly look up something to help you.

thanxs do u happend to know the early days entry is it like tues. wed ect.. and thanxs for the info i did get the PP hotel with the 3 day hopper. one ques. the early entry is it only a one time thing or can i doit all 3 days i'm there thanxs again for the info

My kids loved this hotel, but for adults, ehhh...
    Our season passes where coming to end so we decided to stay overnight. One problem was it was Thanksgiving week, a very expensive week. Not the hotel's fault. It just had a budget feel to it. Being close to both parks as wonderful but next time we will try another Disney property.
    The beach theme is cute and the surfboard rice crispy treats are a wonderful touch.

Not a bad Hotel from what I've heard and seen, but for me and my family we prefer either DLH or GC for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Disney addict for life

I like this hotel. We had the concierge service added on and it was fabulous! Didn't worry about snacks or breakfast, it was all included. Mid day , i was hungry and they had little appetizers out. Took water from there to the parks instead of paying $3 a bottle there. I like the beach theme. Its a cute theme. I have no problem with this hotel and I'm usually picky about hotels.

I choose this hotel as it was the only Disney hotel that had the standard rooms available during the time I choose to stay. I personally would have preferred the Disneyland hotel but at of a grand more to stay there I figured it was worth keeping that money for things for my kids.

First timers question....my daughter and I will be staying at Paradise Pier May 27-31. This is her graduation gift from her dad and myself. This will be a once in a lifetime trip for her because after college she plans to work overseas and would never really be able to afford another trip to DLR. We live in Alabama and drive to WDW each summer and visit a different park each year on the way to my uncle's place at the beach. We are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE Disney fans!! She has always dreamed of visiting DLR where Walt began the magic for everyone. My question is... Does Paradise Pier do anything special if you contact them and tell them that this is a graduation (once in a lifetime) trip? We could only afford a standard room. I am going to request an upgrade when we check in, of course, with a look of kindness and pleading on my face I am hoping that we might get a park view room. I was also hoping that we might get some special welcome treat because of her graduation. I know with WDW you can fax a room request a few days before check-in. Is this true for DLR also? If so, I was going to let them know that this was her graduation trip & hope that they would leave a magical surprise in our room. I want this trip to be as special as possible for her, so any suggestions or tips would really be appreciated!

WDW preview center 1971 WDW 20 times DL 3 times Disney Cruise 1 time DL Paris 1 time Upcoming: MK, AK & DHS May 1-5 DL & DCA May 27-31 MK June 12

They might leave a congrats button or first trip button in the room. Maybe you could pay for them to add extras like flowers and balloons

Yay we're staying at this hotel in 145 days on our 1st trip to Disneyland!
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

So we've decided to book a good neighbor hotel instead. The reviews on trip advisor weren't great enough for me to commit to staying at Paradise Pier so I hope I don't regret it but excited to at least be right across the street from the parks!
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

We stayed across the street at the Anaheim Hilton last year. No Disney Magic and no free transportation like we've had at WDW, but we open the parks and we close them down, so we're only there to shower and crash for a few hours. It was an easy walk to the parks and the price was good!

welcome I can't offer pointers because my addiction is WDW we never leave that side of the world when we disney but I welcome you and cant wait to hear what you think about the hotel..
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!