Signature Problems

Signature Problems

It has been brought to my attention that in the past two weeks our staff has had to modify or delete many signatures in our members profiles.

Perhaps it is time to refresh ourselves with the rules.

O: Members will not be allowed to use images in their signature. . Such an offense will result in a warning and or banning from TD.com. Smilies are also allowed in a user’s signature. However, it is requested that only two (2) smilies be utilized, particularly if they are animated. 2 Smilies are also what is the allowed limit of usage in posts and no more than 2. Posting of ones email address , IM handle or myspace account in any thread or in your signature is an unsafe practice. Also, utilising one's email address as a screename is unacceptible and will result in the staff deleting anything after the name from "@whatever.com" on. Regarding the signature "Countdown Clocks"... Talk Disney allows the usage of one (1) countdown clock in a member's signature, and no more than one (1).
    We also ask that you use caution when providing this information to others and that you do so only via the Private Message system, and even then, it should be done so with someone the member is comfortable with and knows. Failure to comply with this will result in an instantaneous warning (one of three).
    Also, all signatures are to be kept to seven lines in length or less. This includes space lines between signature text. Signature fonts/text should be no larger than 3 Pt. Signature content is closely monitored to make sure of compliance with the above and is subject to deletion by the staff, including the presentation of any political party and agenda;

Other rules from our TOS also apply to what can be said in the signatures.
    Remember that we are a family friendly site and are read by all ages.

Talk Disney is not as large as some of our sister sites and these rules are needed to keep us from having another site crash.

I will give a link to all of the Talk Disney TOS Rules.
    click here for rules

Thank you
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Re: Signature Problems

I see we have been having a few problems with signatures again.

I would ask all our members to please check the above rules and correct your signatures please.
    Please remember that a staff member can correct a sig at any time. I am sure you would prefer to do the correction before we have the need to edit.

The most often problem is having more than seven lines of text. This does include empty spaces between the lines!
    The Disney Block tag and the calender box do not count in the total.
    We also want to remind our members that pics are also not allowed in the sig.

Thanks again
    Mickey Crazy
    Rick
    Walt Disney

Re: Signature Problems

I see that we have many new members and a few of the older ones that need to check their signatures to make sure that they follow the Talk Disney Guidelines.
    Please be aware that our staff can modify your Signature at any time.
    Thank You

Mickey Crazy
    Rick
    Walt Disney