Ever had a wish?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ever had a wish?

Hi gang!

I thought I would ask our members that have been to the parks before, this question.

What was that one object or gift that you always wanted to buy, or wished you could afford, that you always thought about, but never bought?

For me it was a Disney jacket that was a collectors item, that had fiber optics though-out with a picture of the castle and fireworks.
    I had a chance to buy one once but passed because of the cost.
    Lo and behold a good friend met me at the parks two years later wearing the same jacket!

Maybe you all could share something you always wanted to buy.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Re: Ever had a wish?

I would love to have a "Goofy" team (Letterman ??) jacket.

So far it's Jackets 2, That other Stuff 0.
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

Make that jackets 3. I wanted the Mickey bomber jacket but never would spend the money on it. A year later our good friends gave it to me as a gift.

Make it jackets 3 - other stuff 1

We were in Disney about 10 years ago and I am a huge teddy bear & winnie the pooh fan, anyways we were there just after the teddy bear fair and in the UK at Epcot, they had a steiff teddy Winnie the Pooh dressed as Mickey Mouse, he was a limited edition and there was no way we could afford it, so I had to hand him back. We left the park rather sadly. The next day my husband left me sunbathing for a while and must have been making some phone calls, as that evening, there was a knock on the door and it was a member of the hotel staff with a large box for me tied in ribbon, when I opened it, it was my bear!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Previous Disney Trips:-

Sept '11, Nov '10, Sept '09, Sept '08, Dec '07, May '07 (with Mum), Nov '06, Mar '06, Oct '05, Sept '04, Sept '03, Aug '02, Sept '01, Dec '99, Sept '97, July '95 + 5/6 trips to Disneyland Paris.

I really want the Monorail "train" track. I think this next trip I may just splurge. It will look awesome under my Christmas tree!

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

The Alice in Wonderland chess set in Epcot's U.K.

(Why do you ask? Is TD going to grant these wishes? LOL!!! )
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Not a Disney shop I know but I love the stuff in Hoypoloi at the West Side, Downtown Disney but
    a) some of it is very expensive and
    b) I doubt it would survive the trip back to England.

Otherwise, I'd love to buy loads of the Christmas tree decorations at the shops in Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom but, for what they are, they're definitely not cheap!

Oh, and half of The Art of Disney.

And does the Presidential Suite at the Grand Floridian count?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I would have to say that the one gift that I have always wanted but never gotten was an orignal painting of 20,000 leagues under the sea. they have it at the art gallery in dtd. I know I am young but i grew up on this movie. It was one of walts greatest acheivements. But yeah it is crazy expensive.
    2009- 13 Trips (6 Stay Trips & 7 Day Trips)
    2008- 20 Trips (7 Day Trips & 13 Stay Trips )
    2007-19 Trips (7 Day Trips & 12 Stay Trips)

For me it would have to be the Monorail set with the castle and all of the resorts. For some reason I think it would make the time when I am not in someplace Disney a little easier. For my son (know age 3) it was the really big Mickey for sale in the gift shop right outside Mickey's Philharmagic. That was until he got his grandpa to buy it for him on our last trip, although I had to carry it back to the room.
    Last edited by cmcclain; 08-17-2007 at 11:28 PM.
    1978 My 1st Disney Trip
    1988 Big Red Boat Disney Cruise

1992 Senior Trip

2001 Honeymoon Land/Sea Cruise Wife's 1st Trip (Port Orleans/Disney Wonder)
    2005 & 2006 & May 2009 Pop Century
    2007 & 2008 Beach Club

My one gift that I have always wanted is a Peter Pan Snow Globe that is The Jolly Roger. One day, I'll find it and have enough money to get it. :-)
    Happy Squeezy Hugs-N-Stuff,
    KTboo
    I'd Rather Be At Walt Disney World!
    *Dreaming of being a Cast Member*

The Lenox Belle and Beast set from the Art of Disney. Of course, I do have money from a DVC referral that puts that more in my price range....

Either those or ownership interest in AKL.

for me it is not stuff...even though i have had the monorail sets picked up a couple of times and the pic of 20K sounds real cool (my all time favorite ride). but me real wish is the behind the magic tour. maybe one day.
    and belle i have seen the piece you are talking about and though i don't know what the referals pay i would think you would need to be there best seller to pay for that nice piece.
    With F.I.G.M.E.N.T you can see things differently

friendofigment, that's what I thought, too, so I priced it one time when I was there, just to see how much I'd have to save. While the pieces aren't cheap, it's not as bad as expected. The Belle piece is $125, and the Beast one can't be too much more, though I don't remember how much exactly.

I guess my wish isn't something i would be able to take home with me...I would love to go to Disney and stay at one of the deluxe resorts without thinking about how much money i was spending...it's funny, my father and stepmom stay at the Deluxe resorts all the time and i stay at a value or moderate (i just moved up to the moderate) i think it's great for the amount of time i spend in the room but just once i would love to stay at a deluxe and not worry about the money
    MY HAPPY PLACE IS DISNEY!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast