Penny Watchers ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Penny Watchers !

HI Tinker,
    good for you on paying off/down your debts. I know how good it feels when I do that. I paid our house off a few months ago, but it just seems like another bill took it's place (two of my kids needed braces) it seems to always be something.

Do you find that your family teases you about how much you talk or plan about your next trip to Disney? My hubby thinks that I am nuts because our next trip isn't for another four years and 37 days and I can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, and planning for it. I see your next trip is in 9 years, do you feel the same way as I do about your next trip?

When was the last time you were at Disney? Ours was almost 2 years ago. Dee

LOL! why of course! My husband thinks I am nuts too, but I think he is getting the Disney bug too: two days ago we were visiting his uncle and he called me to the patio to show me a hidden Mickey he had found in the stone floor! Mom and Dad know how much of a Disney freak I am (geeesh! I even started planning for a trip for THEM!) but when I mentioned what a geek I must sound like, Mom answered, "well, how could you NOT want to go back? I see anything Disney and I want to be there" and Dad asked her if she wanted to go next year... hehehe! so I come from a family of Disney luvvers...

And yes!!!! imagine, my trip, DG, is the double of time away that yours is! so I guess I am doubly obsessed by it! Only I have to worry not only for the trip, but wheter they will give us the renovation of our visas for that trip ( mine expires in six years and my husband's just did, plus we have to get brand new visas for the kids).

I was last two years ago too!!! on Nov 05, for our honeymoon!!!! sigh! I reaaaally want to go back!!!!!!!!!!! when were you?
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007
    DS Marcos, Born Feb 28, 2014
    “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney

Hi Tinker,
    We were there last, two years ago this Nov. We went the last week of November and the first week of December. We drive from Michigan, so we figure we might as well make it a two week vacation everytime.

You sound so much like me with being Disney crazy. My hubby hasn't caught the bug yet Can you believe that? And the reason we decided to wait four years and just take the four youngest kids is because our 6 teenagers are tired of going to Disney every year Have you ever heard of such nonsense?? Our trips with all the kids always run over $10,000 a trip, so why take a bunch of kids that don't want to go. Our four littlest have only been there a couple of times, so they are all for going back. I just don't get it, I would go there every week if I was able. I told hubby when he retires I want to move to Florida so that I can go to Disney and Universal studios alllllll the time. He just shakes his head. He just doesn't get it.

He is so tired of hearing me talk about our next trip. That is why I am soooo glad to have found all of you on this site. Thanks for being there.

Hi, momgoingback. What is wrong with our DH? Mine also hasn't got the Disney bug. We stayed last year for 12 days and by day 7 he was tired of Disney....I just don't understand. This year, we'll be going for 9 days (which IMO is too little) and I had to basically squeeze a 3 day hopper on our schedule. What I used to "convince him"? Universal / Sea World and Busch Gardens. Once he was convinced and everything was paid off I mentioned the 3 days at Disney. It worked well.
    Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2006
    Quality Inn Int'l Drive November 2007
    Third year in a row November 2008
    Baby's first visit November 2011

Hi Pinchi2,
    My hubby does not like theme parks at all. The only thing that gets him to Florida is the great weather. We live in Michigan and go to Disney in Nov/Dec. So, that is the only pull I have to get him there. I wish he was more like me and just jumped in on all the plans. It does get overwhelming trying to plan a trip when you're taking 10 kids (our last two trips) but I think it is part of the fun. I have always dressed my kids all alike. That is so much fun finding outfits for my 5 girls. Not so much fun for my 5 boys, they don't want their cloths to match. But, since I am the one that packs...It is easier to keep track of them when they match. The next time we go, our 8th trip, will only be with our 4 youngest kids. So, hubby seems to be a little more excited.

Since we have so many kids we have always done the buddy system. Each person was incharge of another person. When the parks are busy, this is a life saver. Our two youngest are already calling who their buddy is going to be and we still have over 4 years to go.

WOW! 10 kids! I get anxious planning a trip for just the two of us. It must be a real pro job planning a trip for 12. I can only feel admiration right now, LOL. Anyway, for next year I'll try to take the trip on the second week of November and include a car racing event that takes place in West Palm Beach. He's a big fan, and that way I get to go to FL again!!!!

Ooops.... I still haven't done this year's and am already planning 2008.
    Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2006
    Quality Inn Int'l Drive November 2007
    Third year in a row November 2008
    Baby's first visit November 2011

HI Pinchi,
    It isn't as hard as it sounds planning for 12. I guess I am just used to having a house full of kids. We have 12 kids, but three are now adults and living on their own, so we have 9 living with us. But by the time our next trip comes, it will only be 4 kids. So, the cost should be soooo much less than before.

Last time we went to Disney, the kids and I surprised their dad with a Richard Petty driving experience right there on Disney's property. He was so excited to get to do it. He has a hot rod that he has owned for close to 30 years, but to get to drive as fast as you want in a race car...he said he will never forget that experience. I told him that he should do it on our next trip (a way to get him excited about going back) but he said it is too expensive to do again. It was around $700. So, I may put some extra money away and just sign him up for it again and it be another surprise.
    Dee

OW! now I really need all you guys to pitch in and send over here all the advice you have and little tips so I can do in three years what I would have done in nine... it is not a sure thing yet, but I might be heading to the Mouse's with a whole lot of people! Nine adults and eight kids... I need to plan for two adults and two kids, so anything you can throw my way will be great!!!

Tinker,
    I am so jelous! I hope all goes well with your three year plans. You will have so much for fun planning since it is going to be 6 years closer to getting to go. I still have over 4 years to go.

On one of our disney vacations, my mom, niece, brother and his wife all drove down with us. It was a lot of fun. The only thing that was different for us is my kids, hubby and I are pretty laid back when walking through the parks, my brother and his wife actually RAN every where. I would be a nervous wreck if I had to hurry all the time. My mom stuck with us because she was in a wheel chair at the time. Those wheel chairs have pretty good get up and go, but not to keep up with runners We ended up just meeting up together at the end of the day.

My brother tried to track us down because one of the rides he wanted to go on needed a kid to get to ride it. At the time we had 8 of our kids with us...we got to ride it and ride it... and he didn't get to. We thought it was funny.

Keep us up dated on your new plans tinker Dee
    Last edited by momgoingback; 10-26-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Part of the fun is planning your trip. How very fortunate for your children to have such caring parents to allow them to escape to the funland of WDW
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    You would think our kids would love going to Disney every year. But they complained that they are tired of going can you believe that?? I was really disapointed when they told me that (it was my 6 teenagers) so that is why we have decided to not go back until all of our teens are adults. This way we will just be taking our four youngest. So, it will be a new experience only taking four. Dee

I'll be graduating with my master's in 2 months, so now I hope to start directing some of the money that had been going to the university over to a Disney fund (though the credit cards will be getting a chunk of that too!). I also live 10 minutes from a state that has can/bottle recycling, so when I head over there to get my hair cut, I take my cans and direct that money to the fund.

I'm hoping that in 09 I can either go back to WDW or do a land/sea package to experience their cruise line. One of my sisters has started adoption proceedings, so maybe I'll have a new nephew to take with. (She's trying to adopt an older child.)
    Disney Inn January 1991
    WDW Spring Break March 1994
    Coronado Springs August 2006

HI Pluto's pal,
    That is wonderful that you have completed your masters. Good for you.

We find that when we return our cans and bottles we get back about $30 every couple of weeks. Plus you add rebates into that (once again, having a big family, I have to buy so much anyway, so I take advantage of anything that has rebates) I have also had two rummage sales (I always gave away all of hand me downs) but, decided as of last fall to start having a rummage sale every year. So, in a short year and a half, I have saved $2200. I still have four more years to save, so we will be going to Disney for close to nothing from our pockets. What makes me so excited about this is, we have always put our trips on credit cards, and then it took years to pay each trip off. Our next trip will already be paid for, plus we will have plenty of money for extras.

garage sales are not so common in my country... but reading your ideas I believe I just might start one....mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by momgoingback
    We find that when we return our cans and bottles we get back about $30 every couple of weeks.
    I'm intrigued by this as, in the UK, we get nothing for recycling - in fact I had to pay £20 ($40ish) to even get a recycling bin for paper, tins, cans and card.

I take glass to the local bottle-banks but we get nothing for doing it.

Can you send someone over to teach our government how it's done?

(Sorry, I hi-jacked the thread there - please continue!)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast