Beginning of October until Thanksgiving
    Week before Christmas

A GOOD TIME TO GO

End of April
    Early February

Labor Day Weekend
    First two weeks of December

CROWDED

Spring Break (first week of March until mid April)
    Memorial Day Weekend
    Summer Break (second week of June until second week of August)
    President's Day until the end of February

REALLY CROWDED

Fourth of July Week

EXTREMELY CROWDED

Easter Week (Before and After)

MOST CROWDED TIME OF THE YEAR

Christmas through New Year's

<TABLE borderColor=#6666ff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=560 align=center borderColorLight=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TH align=middle colSpan=5>Orlando Weather </TH></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD align=middle colSpan=2>Temperature (average) high low

</TD><TD>
    Rainfall (average)

inches

</TD><TD>Average hours of sun</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>January </TD><TD>71f / 22c </TD><TD>49f / 9.5c </TD><TD>2.3 </TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>February </TD><TD>73f / 23c </TD><TD>50f / 10c </TD><TD>3.0 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>March </TD><TD>78f / 26c </TD><TD>55f / 13c </TD><TD>3.2 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>April </TD><TD>83f / 28.5c </TD><TD>59f / 15c </TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>May </TD><TD>88f / 31c </TD><TD>66f / 19c </TD><TD>3.6 </TD><TD>10</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>June </TD><TD>91f / 33c </TD><TD>72f / 22.5c </TD><TD>7.3 </TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>July </TD><TD>92f / 33.5c </TD><TD>73f / 23c </TD><TD>7.2 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>August </TD><TD>92f / 33.5c </TD><TD>73f / 23c </TD><TD>6.8 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>September </TD><TD>90f / 32.5c </TD><TD>72f / 22c </TD><TD>6.0 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>October </TD><TD>85f / 29.5c </TD><TD>66f / 18.5c </TD><TD>2.4 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>November </TD><TD>79f / 26.5c </TD><TD>58f / 14.5c </TD><TD>2.3 </TD><TD>8</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>December </TD><TD>73f / 23c </TD><TD>51f / 11c </TD><TD>2.2 </TD><TD>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Read reviews on every disney attraction, resort, restaurant, and activity! -> Disneyreviews.com

Re: Crowds and Best Time To Visit

On paper, I'm sure they're right however.....

We went in September this year.

Crowd levels were very low (quietest I've ever seen) but it was far too humid and far too stormy for my liking.

For the previous 2 years, we went in the first 2 weeks of May and found the crowd difference minimal (slightly busier but not enought to make any difference) and the weather far less humid and a lot, lot drier.

For me, the best time to go by far is the first 2 weeks of May.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I agree that January is the best time to go. Our last two trips were the 2nd week of Jan. it was perfect! Perhaps a little to chilly to swim, which was okay for us. We are going the week before Christmas this year and are hoping for good weather and smaller crowds. We would have gone in Jan. but didn't want to take both daughters out of school for a week. This way they only miss 3 days.
    Momijo5

1978 first time at WDW
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Port Orleans Riverside

When I go into the parks, I like to have a certain level of crowds. While it is nice to get on Soarin' in under half an hour, it's also nice to have other people to talk to in line. You'd be amazed who you can meet, and from where, standing in the queue of a line.

My favorite thing is what Walt used to do at Disneyland before he was given a famous face with the TV shows. He would go, stand in line, be near the audience, and sometimes you might ask a hypothetical question (I wonder what Walt thinks of...) and he'd answer for you!

If I was ever made President of Disney World, I think I would delegate a lot of my work so I could go stand in line with the guests. I so love doing that. In line at KSR a few weeks ago, I met someone whose father had been one of Walt's animators. They even showed me a scrap of paper Walt had given them at Disneyland with his name written on it. They keep it in their wallet so they can show people who are interested and engage them (like me).

One of the neatest things I've ever been shown. And that's saying something, seeing as I work at the Happiest Place on Earth!
    Disney Buses: March 24, 2007 - December 9, 2007
    Kilimanjaro Safaris: December 10, 2007 - July 6, 2008
    Monorails: July 6, 2008 -

Quote Originally Posted by momijo5
    I agree that January is the best time to go. Our last two trips were the 2nd week of Jan. it was perfect! Perhaps a little to chilly to swim, which was okay for us. We are going the week before Christmas this year and are hoping for good weather and smaller crowds. We would have gone in Jan. but didn't want to take both daughters out of school for a week. This way they only miss 3 days.
    I always go with my family in January It's the BEST time to go

The wait for Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM was only 10 minutes! And Tower of Terror was only 5 minutes and I went on it 3 times in a row.

The dilemma is Expedition Everest is 50 minutes, I got a fast past though and only had to wait 5 minutes.

Anyways, yes, January is the best time to go because all the kids are in school and it's not "vacation time" for most people hehe & the weather isn't hot at all, just fine
    September 1990 - Hotel ???
    January 1999 - Carribean Beach Resort
    January 2001 - Hotel off Property
    January 2005 - Hotel off Property
    January 2008-Animal Kingdom Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by MonorailGuy
    When I go into the parks, I like to have a certain level of crowds. While it is nice to get on Soarin' in under half an hour, it's also nice to have other people to talk to in line. You'd be amazed who you can meet, and from where, standing in the queue of a line.

My favorite thing is what Walt used to do at Disneyland before he was given a famous face with the TV shows. He would go, stand in line, be near the audience, and sometimes you might ask a hypothetical question (I wonder what Walt thinks of...) and he'd answer for you!

If I was ever made President of Disney World, I think I would delegate a lot of my work so I could go stand in line with the guests. I so love doing that. In line at KSR a few weeks ago, I met someone whose father had been one of Walt's animators. They even showed me a scrap of paper Walt had given them at Disneyland with his name written on it. They keep it in their wallet so they can show people who are interested and engage them (like me).

One of the neatest things I've ever been shown. And that's saying something, seeing as I work at the Happiest Place on Earth!
    I agree, I have been in AK on a cold rainy day and it seemed we were the only ones there (I actually have a picture of my brother 80 feet away and there is no one else in it) and it felt wierd, but with that said i don't wait in lines over 15 minutes so it can't be very crowded.
    I found that just going when the seasonal passes aren't blacked out is the key.
    With F.I.G.M.E.N.T you can see things differently

Now after reading this thread, I have come up with the perfect time to go, at least I think it will be, the last week of April/first week of May. That way we can also celebrate my B'day. Of course I still have to wait until son graduates HS, hope time fly's.
    Have a Mickey Mouse Day!, Dot

July 83 - Off site Camping; July 2000 - AS Movies; Dec 07 - AS Music; Sep/Oct 09 - Pop Century; May/June 2011 - POFQ; May 2015 Pop Century

I'm another January person. I love that the weather is usually comfortable and dry and the crowds are minimal. September is WAY too hot for me. It's hard to even walk from building to car in that kind of Florida heat!

If going in January, just remember to stay away during the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, because it gets more crowded.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    If going in January, just remember to stay away during the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, because it gets more crowded.
    YES CURIOUS ALICE! YOU JUST TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! i had just forgot about that!! lol

STAY AWAY FROM MARTIN LUTHER KING WEEKEND!

Suprisingly the books that mention when it is the best time to go doesn't mention Martin Luther King weekend....

Ive went on that weekend and it was a bit crowded...2 months ago I went AFTER Martin Luther King holiday...and there was a difference...at MGM there wasn't that many people that day...Animal Kingdom same thing

I liked it though A LOT more room to walk Small lines to gets on the rides, couldn't ask for anything better LOL! :-)

As far as winding up in interesting conversations while waiting to get on a ride, I've found that people are a lot friendlier when the parks are not crowded. Less stress, I guess.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice
    As far as winding up in interesting conversations while waiting to get on a ride, I've found that people are a lot friendlier when the parks are not crowded. Less stress, I guess.
    AGREED The people are very nice when talking to them on the line, on the bus, the monorail, at the restaurants, anywhere

We are planning on visiting WDW next year. It will have been 4 years since our last visit, and we're all very excited. We are trying to decide between March and June. My 9 year old daughter's spring break next year is in mid-March, not tied to Easter which is in April next year. I'm sure there could be college and public school spring break kids and families there at that time, but I'm hoping it would be less than if it was tied to Easter. My main concern is the weather. Since we don't get the opportunity to visit real often, I would hate to have our trip lessened by cool weather.

My question----would you visit in March and take a chance on the crowds and weather, versus June when you know it will be warm (maybe even hot) but it will definitely be crowded?

We have been several times the in middle to late May usually arriving the Thursday the week before Memorial Day and departing the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and we love it. This year will make our 4th in a row and 5th overall. The weather has been great with little rain, the crowds small, but everything is starting to gear up for the busy summer season. We were talking to one CM who said the crowds basically triple the day after we leave. But, alas as our kids are starting to get older we will have to start looking for other options so they don't miss to much school.
    1978 My 1st Disney Trip
    1988 Big Red Boat Disney Cruise

1992 Senior Trip

2001 Honeymoon Land/Sea Cruise Wife's 1st Trip (Port Orleans/Disney Wonder)
    2005 & 2006 & May 2009 Pop Century
    2007 & 2008 Beach Club

I found that for us the best time is middle of November. You get to see the osborne lights and christmas atmosphere without it being too crowded. Second choice is middle of May.
    Mandy

For me the best time is the second week in December I love all the lights.
    I don't think its that crowded and the Hotel are a little cheaper.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast