Crowds and Best Time To Visit - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    I'm here now. Lines are 10-30 minute waits

My family and I usually go in April

Re: Best time to visit WDW

Depends, anytime after the X-mas\New Years week and before the south gets spring break which is before the the NE, May and than L8 August to November.... really depends on what your looking for. Like quiet times with warmth (May, Sept, and Oct) QUIET times park empty Feb, march.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Ive been in early sept and late nov/early dec. sept was much less crowded. The xmas stuff was up in nov/dec but i didnt think it compared to disneylands xmas details!

We have went in June, October twice and late march early April over spring break. Will never go again over spring break. Way too busy and weather was very sporadic. Warm one minute than in a blink of an eye it was freezing. June was busy and hot! Both trips in October was fantastic! Not extremely busy weather was great. Still warm enough to do water parks and pools. When we were there over spring break many CMs told us the weeks on either side of Easter are two of their busiest weeks. We were there the week before Easter.

Thanks everyone I am from Canada and I like to get away from the cold in the winter so I would prefer to go when it's hot in Florida not too hot lol what months would be better for that haha
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."

I've merged your question into our existing "Best time to visit" thread where you should find lots of opinion about different times of the year.

Check our the sticky threads for each month too for lots more info!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Dose anyone know when they start the not so scary hollween party we are tring to plan trip in sept but do not want to be there well food and wine is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia Cat View Post
    Dose anyone know when they start the not so scary hollween party we are tring to plan trip in sept but do not want to be there well food and wine is going on
    Food & Wine Festival starts in late September and ends in mid-November. It is in Epcot, not MK, so it doesn't affect the Halloween party.

(Food &Wine Festival is great, by the way, and it's not always crowded.)
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

After reading about all the drunken people it is not something we want to be around and we stay in the beach club when we go we need to go for a week do to medical needs so was thinking the second week in sept but would like to see the hollween party as we go must the time at Christmas time

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia Cat View Post
    After reading about all the drunken people it is not something we want to be around and we stay in the beach club when we go we need to go for a week do to medical needs so was thinking the second week in sept but would like to see the hollween party as we go must the time at Christmas time
    We've been to the F&W Festival (though not as much as Curious Alice) and have never seen any drunkenness.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen - I'm sure it does - but, as with anything, I think the online horror stories stand out more and maybe make the issue sound worse than it really is.

Alcohol is always readily available at WDW, F&W Festival or not. In particular, Epcot attracts more drinkers than the other parks due, I suspect, to the variety of drinks available.

I can understand you wanting to steer clear of the F&W but I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

Have a great trip!
    Just a dream away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post

We've been to the F&W Festival (though not as much as Curious Alice) and have never seen any drunkenness.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen - I'm sure it does - but, as with anything, I think the online horror stories stand out more and maybe make the issue sound worse than it really is.

Alcohol is always readily available at WDW, F&W Festival or not. In particular, Epcot attracts more drinkers than the other parks due, I suspect, to the variety of drinks available.

I can understand you wanting to steer clear of the F&W but I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

Have a great trip!
    Yes! I second what Winkster wrote.
    We have never seen any bad behavior and truly have loved the experience. I love the atmosphere with all of the booths set up, walking around noticing people enjoying different snacks and drinks from around the world, and also enjoying the treats myself!
    I highly recommend everyone going to Food and Wine atleast once. If you are there for a whole week then you can choose to to during a week day which will be less crowded as well.
    It is such a special added bonus to Epcot- please don't let a few bad ( and maybe over exaggerated stories) keep you away.

We were there last year during the F&W festival and other than the booths set up and it seeming a little more crowded around the showcase area I did not notice any difference at Epcot. Granted we were there on a weekday and did not stay real late either but that was the second time being there that time of year and did not see any drunkendness etc.

Re: Crowds and Best Time To Visit

Hi,

I'll be there for my first time the first 2 weeks of may, how are the crowd levels, wait times and temperature around then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiiaxo View Post
    Hi, I'll be there for my first time the first 2 weeks of may, how are the crowd levels, wait times and temperature around then?
    Why not check out our April thread for more info...

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/gen...l#.U0GJUFi9LCQ
    Just a dream away!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213